Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2016, 10:07 AM

33,610 posts, read 18,284,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
If name calling is the new black, should Trump be known as the Orange Rectum?
You and the left have been calling Trump every name under the sun..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2016, 10:07 AM

21,991 posts, read 15,799,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Alright ya got me.

A legal scholar should know the standard for being classified as a Native American. Most non legal scholars know, especially those claiming it.

It's insulting to those disadvantaged groups when people like Warren claim benefits under it.
WHAT BENEFITS??? Show where she gained anything. No one else has shown anything, The Atlantic found nothing and so have numerous other researchers. What benefits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Gain is irrelevant. Gain plays no role. She lied. Gain is not what we base the rightness of a lie on.

I can not understand how it is that people are not sick and tired of these kinds of people that have no qualms about lying.
If gain is irrelevant, then what is the point? If your parents raised you with stories that you were of Native American heritage, would you call them liars? If she gains nothing from it and even contributes to an Indian cookbook 30 years ago, what is your point? You want to dig up her parents and ask them?

Old 06-11-2016, 10:09 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,273,772 times
Quote:
Yes, because, you know, they had the same parents?! Their parents raised them telling them they had Native American heritage. So yes, her brothers. Shocking!!!
Guess what? Most of us, who have families that have lived here for centuries have Native American blood in us but not enough to expect special treatment and yes, she did gain from her claims. Check a little more closely instead of only checking someplace where you can get the proof you want, even though it is false. She did admit it, back a few years ago. Ok, so she claimed she never realized the truth, give me a break!!!

Old 06-11-2016, 10:10 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,351,543 times
Quote:
Yes, because, you know, they had the same parents?! Their parents raised them telling them they had Native American heritage. So yes, her brothers. Shocking!!!
This should be a lesson to all of us: never believe your parents and grandparents when they tell stories about your heritage because, you know, if they got it wrong you'll be forever branded if you happen to be smart enough to get through law school and becomes a senator.

Old 06-11-2016, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Guess what? Most of us, who have families that have lived here for centuries have Native American blood in us but not enough to expect special treatment and yes, she did gain from her claims. Check a little more closely instead of only checking someplace where you can get the proof you want, even though it is false. She did admit it, back a few years ago. Ok, so she claimed she never realized the truth, give me a break!!!
Cite a source where she gained something from it. Cite a source. Or go dig up her parents and ask them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
This should be a lesson to all of us: never believe your parents and grandparents when they tell stories about your heritage because, you know, if they got it wrong you'll be forever branded if you happen to be smart enough to get through law school and becomes a senator.
Absolutely. My mom was certain of it, so certain I'm sure she would have testified in court. Never mind that I'm fair, her mother told her and so on and so on. Let's dig up all those relatives and have a trial!

Old 06-11-2016, 10:13 AM

79,910 posts, read 44,441,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and if I were a native American I would be livid with her for claiming she is something she is not.
I have NO loyalty to Trump. Yes I'm calling out your remarks in your "rate". I am NOT voting for Trump. I am arguing against someone like Warren that will lie at the drop of the hate, not defending Trump.

I don't know why so many think you have to defend something indefensible because of your politics or that you are only condemning a wrong to push someone else.

Wrong is wrong is wrong.

Old 06-11-2016, 10:15 AM

Quote:
If gain is irrelevant, then what is the point?
She is just another in a long list of liars that only has one goal in mind. The promoting of Elizabeth Warren.

Old 06-11-2016, 10:17 AM

Quote:
I have NO loyalty to Trump. Yes I'm calling out your remarks in your "rate". I am NOT voting for Trump. I am arguing against someone like Warren that will lie at the drop of the hate, not defending Trump.

I don't know why so many think you have to defend something indefensible because of your politics or that you are only condemning a wrong to push someone else.

Wrong is wrong is wrong.
When has Warren lied at the drop of a hat or a hate? She was raised with the stories told to her and her brothers. I'm sure you would prefer she punched her mom and dad in the face for such a thing because when you're a child, you should assume your parents are lying and if their parents told them that, you should go after your grandparents too.

Old 06-11-2016, 10:21 AM

Quote:
When has Warren lied at the drop of a hat or a hate? She was raised with the stories told to her and her brothers. I'm sure you would prefer she punched her mom and dad in the face for such a thing because when you're a child, you should assume your parents are lying and if their parents told them that, you should go after your grandparents too.
It never happened. She is nothing more than an opportunist that will take any advantage she can grab to promote herself.

Old 06-11-2016, 10:23 AM

Quote:
It never happened. She is nothing more than an opportunist that will take any advantage she can grab to promote herself.
Her brothers confirmed the same thing. Tell me why she would contribute recipes to an Indian cookbook 30 years ago if she did not think she was of Native American heritage. And what did she gain by giving them recipes?

Just because you hate Elizabeth Warren, likely another woman hating women thing, doesn't mean she is nothing more than a daughter raised on the stories of her parents and grandparents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections