Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2016, 07:22 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,854,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtired14 View Post
Why is it, I feel like a puppet and someone else is pulling the strings? This election cycle has a very uneasy feel to it, two of the worst major candidates I've ever seen, and the public is moving on raw emotion. There are divisions based on race, nationality, age, class, wealth, I know it's always been there but it seems far more pronounced and far more divisive. The economy has been mediocre, Wall St. has been in a bear market, interest rates are zilch yet banks are hoarding money, pay is flat or declining, and we're still losing jobs. But where's the outrage? This feels every bit like a PSYOPS mission, twisting the people to manipulate a result in the direction of the framers of the objective. While we're consumed with Mexicans taking a few jobs or where we can go to the bathroom, or whether we want to even call ourselves male or female, someone has a mater plan they'd like to keep in motion over the next four years. Are the oligarchs controlling the public to that degree?

You got it! Same as 2008!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2016, 12:06 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,705,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse;44380671
No one is worrying about "Mexicans taking a few jobs", but about illegal aliens taking jobs from citizens. In KS, [B
over 55,000 illegal aliens hold jobs[/b].
Out of a state population of over 2.9 million in 2014, according to city-data. That seems like "a few jobs" especially since they are likely jobs that most people don't want, y'know, those icky farm, restaurant, and hotel jobs that are low-paying and miserable. They are a real danger to the native population of KS, for sure.

Old 06-13-2016, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Out of a state population of over 2.9 million in 2014, according to city-data. That seems like "a few jobs" especially since they are likely jobs that most people don't want, y'know, those icky farm, restaurant, and hotel jobs that are low-paying and miserable. They are a real danger to the native population of KS, for sure.

Excellent point that the racist hate-mongers ignore!

Old 06-13-2016, 08:58 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,705,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Yeah, I was told that I benefited directly from illegals because "you eat, don't you?". Well, they can't have it both ways, and they can't hold those who are here legally down to the farm, restaurant, and hotel jobs forever. People have come to this country for almost 300 years to make a better life for themselves and their children. Some of the very people who have benefited from that, including trump, now want to get rid of 'those people'.

Old 06-13-2016, 09:03 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,454,796 times
Quote:
Yeah, I was told that I benefited directly from illegals because "you eat, don't you?". Well, they can't have it both ways, and they can't hold those who are here legally down to the farm, restaurant, and hotel jobs forever. People have come to this country for almost 300 years to make a better life for themselves and their children. Some of the very people who have benefited from that, including trump, now want to get rid of 'those people'.
They sure can be held down to those jobs if they aren't educated enough to have a better one. You get out of life what you put in, put in next to nothing you get out next to nothing.

Old 06-13-2016, 09:03 AM

Quote:

Exactly, they make me sick!

Old 06-13-2016, 09:04 AM

7,276 posts, read 5,292,370 times
I don't think we're being played.

Instead, I think the world changes so exponentially fast (and in a bad way with guns, terrorism, hate, etc) that humans in the form of politicians just cannot figure out what to do about it all. In fact, I wouldn't expect anyone to really have rock hard solutions for any time to come.

The world is connected now. Information can be passed worldwide in a matter of seconds. Groups no longer need a brick & mortar place to gather and plan. The war on terrorism is fractured yet worldwide. We have no idea what exists on U.S. soil already with regards to planned terrorism. Whether Orlando was a blatant act of terrorism or an individual psychotic, it shows the damage one human being can do. Unleash thousands of individuals around the country and just do the math.

The human race is showing it's true animalistic tendencies. What humans are capable of doing and acting on hate. How humans can be brainwashed into beliefs (how terrorism spreads). The complexities of human nature and all of the issues it brings makes each individual issue only one small piece of a very large puzzle. Abortion, immigration, hate crimes, mental illness.... the list is very very long.

Politicians are scrambling and probably as fearful as us citizens are.

Old 06-13-2016, 09:16 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,763,257 times
Quote:
The accusations of "racism" never seem to stop. Why? Because when someone cries "racism," they don't really mean racism. They mean one or more of the following ....

1) You disagree with me,
2) You are disagreeing with a minority,
3) You won't do what I want!,
4) I need more attention,
5) I need more money.

Now stop the name calling. It does nothing for anyone.

Old 06-13-2016, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
The accusations of "racism" never seem to stop. Why? Because when someone cries "racism," they don't really mean racism. They mean one or more of the following ....

1) You disagree with me,
2) You are disagreeing with a minority,
3) You won't do what I want!,
4) I need more attention,
5) I need more money.

Now stop the name calling. It does nothing for anyone.

I call em as I see em, you don't like it, too bad!

Old 06-13-2016, 09:56 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,763,257 times
Quote:
I call em as I see em, you don't like it, too bad!
LOL, woo... too bad, that makes you tough? lol

But it didn't solve any problems and didn't get you anywhere. Obviously name calling made you feel better though.... so much so that you look for the next time to call someone racist to get a fix lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections