Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2016, 04:42 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,543,795 times

Advertisements

Why is it, I feel like a puppet and someone else is pulling the strings? This election cycle has a very uneasy feel to it, two of the worst major candidates I've ever seen, and the public is moving on raw emotion. There are divisions based on race, nationality, age, class, wealth, I know it's always been there but it seems far more pronounced and far more divisive. The economy has been mediocre, Wall St. has been in a bear market, interest rates are zilch yet banks are hoarding money, pay is flat or declining, and we're still losing jobs. But where's the outrage? This feels every bit like a PSYOPS mission, twisting the people to manipulate a result in the direction of the framers of the objective. While we're consumed with Mexicans taking a few jobs or where we can go to the bathroom, or whether we want to even call ourselves male or female, someone has a mater plan they'd like to keep in motion over the next four years. Are the oligarchs controlling the public to that degree?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2016, 05:09 PM

26,212 posts, read 22,382,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtired14 View Post
Why is it, I feel like a puppet and someone else is pulling the strings? This election cycle has a very uneasy feel to it, two of the worst major candidates I've ever seen, and the public is moving on raw emotion. There are divisions based on race, nationality, age, class, wealth, I know it's always been there but it seems far more pronounced and far more divisive. The economy has been mediocre, Wall St. has been in a bear market, interest rates are zilch yet banks are hoarding money, pay is flat or declining, and we're still losing jobs. But where's the outrage? This feels every bit like a PSYOPS mission, twisting the people to manipulate a result in the direction of the framers of the objective. While we're consumed with Mexicans taking a few jobs or where we can go to the bathroom, or whether we want to even call ourselves male or female, someone has a mater plan they'd like to keep in motion over the next four years. Are the oligarchs controlling the public to that degree?
Our country is sliding away from us and it has never been this bad. The Democrats operate under "divide and conquer" trying to pit both race and gender against one another to divert from the disaster that they are.

No one is worrying about "Mexicans taking a few jobs", but about illegal aliens taking jobs from citizens. In KS, over 55,000 illegal aliens hold jobs. Now on a national level, 1 in 8 white color workers are illegal aliens. There is also the crime issue which I won't go into yet again.

On going to the bathroom, that is your Democrats trying to divert again from the real issues. Same with all issues LGBT which won't matter if we continue on the course our country is on right now. As we know, ISIS has a way to deal with that community so maybe that community along with the rest of the country better wake up and not be snowed by the Democratic Party's insistence on shrouding the real issues that are destroying our country.

Obama got away with throwing social issues in the faces of the citizens and look at the mess he has made of the country.

You have to watch media as they tend to pander to those that support them financially.

Old 06-11-2016, 05:38 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,358,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtired14 View Post
Assuming that there is a puppet master lets the citizens off the hook way too easily. I understand where you're coming from in the sense that you have trouble believing we (as a nation) could be this dumb. I once felt this way as well but the reality is that we are this dumb and brought all the negative consequences upon ourselves. After 7.5 years of a disastrous Presidency, Obama has, what, a + 7 net approval rating? This is GDP grow at 0.5% (and would be negative were it not for the low inflation discount) and we created 38,000 part-time jobs in all of May with a record 94.7M people out of the labor force?

Old 06-11-2016, 05:46 PM

14,221 posts, read 7,007,984 times
Yes, the Koch brothers are pulling the strings. Plus a few others of the ultra wealthy (Trump himself is small fish in that league) like Sheldon Adelson and co. We live in an oligarchy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oligarchy

This sums up what has been going on in the last few days:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KImBARCiCxM

Old 06-11-2016, 05:52 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,636,120 times
We are being played, but not by Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuiW...ature=youtu.be

Old 06-11-2016, 06:08 PM

1,268 posts, read 802,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Our country is sliding away from us and it has never been this bad. The Democrats operate under "divide and conquer" trying to pit both race and gender against one another to divert from the disaster that they are.

No one is worrying about "Mexicans taking a few jobs", but about illegal aliens taking jobs from citizens. In KS, over 55,000 illegal aliens hold jobs. Now on a national level, 1 in 8 white color workers are illegal aliens. There is also the crime issue which I won't go into yet again.

On going to the bathroom, that is your Democrats trying to divert again from the real issues. Same with all issues LGBT which won't matter if we continue on the course our country is on right now. As we know, ISIS has a way to deal with that community so maybe that community along with the rest of the country better wake up and not be snowed by the Democratic Party's insistence on shrouding the real issues that are destroying our country.

Obama got away with throwing social issues in the faces of the citizens and look at the mess he has made of the country.

You have to watch media as they tend to pander to those that support them financially.
Funny. Totally untrue, but funny. I love that the democrats are the ones dividing the races. If you have a television and have watched your hero Trump, it is painfully obvious which party owns that problem. I also love that we are the ones with the bathroom agenda. Did you notice that it was the republican governor that passed the law to force Charlotte to comply? Again, it was an agenda to make another group "less than" you. Here is a clue: you are not as great as you think you are. Most importantly it was a desperate attempt to hold power and take the focus from the horrific job he has done. This is typical republican tactics. I can give you so many examples, but it's not on Faux News, so it didn't actually happen in your world.

You may have a point about the country sliding from you. The whole party went nuts when Obama got elected, and they still try and claim that the majority don't want him. The problem with that reasoning is that he was elected twice--by large margins. He is also polling high in approval ratings. If you mean the country has rejected your views, I concede that point. Unfortunately for you, it looks like they are going to again.

Old 06-11-2016, 06:14 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,543,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
Assuming that there is a puppet master lets the citizens off the hook way too easily. I understand where you're coming from in the sense that you have trouble believing we (as a nation) could be this dumb. I once felt this way as well but the reality is that we are this dumb and brought all the negative consequences upon ourselves. After 7.5 years of a disastrous Presidency, Obama has, what, a + 7 net approval rating? This is GDP grow at 0.5% (and would be negative were it not for the low inflation discount) and we created 38,000 part-time jobs in all of May with a record 94.7M people out of the labor force?
Sorry, I don't agree, the people aren't dumb, they are being manipulated, do you consider the audience of a magic act dumb or cleverly deceived? You are watching the president, because the magician knows that you will keep your eye on him while they pull off the trick.

Old 06-11-2016, 06:15 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,570,876 times
I don't give a flying F about what bathrooms trannies use. This is an issue that affects 0.0001% of the population. I've never questioned another person's motive in a public bathroom and I'm not about to start now.

The dems have given us a disaster of a candidate, and Trump is probably in on it.

Old 06-11-2016, 07:41 PM

13,734 posts, read 9,075,720 times
Our country is fine. Do not let the 'nutters' worry you. I still work as does the majority of the country. We (USA) have survived other such presidents, and we shall survive Trump or Clinton.

Old 06-12-2016, 06:40 AM

609 posts, read 508,320 times
Does anyone remember how many jobs we were bleeding exactly 8 years ago? Lehman Brothers anyone?
There are these people who keep telling us how bad America is becoming...
Do you know how bad America was for certain minorities and for women ?
Like Hilary Clinton said in her speech: We are not going to allow Trump and his racist cohort to turn back the clock to an America that only belongs to White Males.
Has anyone noticed that this campaign has not been about Abortion? Instead, we are discussing income inequality ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections