Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2016, 05:29 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,275,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Got a link to that quote?

On the thread topic, in the latest poll Clinton's lead widened, not decreased, which undercuts the theory that the election was handed to Trump.
Very true. Although we do need to see what effect this attack will have on the polls next week. My gut says his actions ruined any chance he might of had. However, with the electorate you never can tell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2016, 06:06 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,926,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
It looks like this has not a lot to actually do with ISIS.

It looks to me like the shooter was using ISIS as a way of making his dick bigger, giving him an excuse to take out his hate on his gay fellows, because he was closeted himself and instead of facing his reality he chose to commit the ultimate act of cowardice justified in his own mind by extremist ideology.
Exactly what I've been thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
This had nothing to do with Obama. He is correct to not give this guy an out by subscribing his motive to a higher religious purpose.

And just because the President doesn't jump up and down like a jackass in a jackass factory, I wouldn't classify him as not "mad as hell".
Agree with this statement as well.

Old 06-14-2016, 06:56 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,428,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
1) Memory. Like people are going to "forget" the senseless slaughter. You think this is done?

2) He is pissed off. Ever seen that in a true leader. It's arbitrary fast and harsh. And you want him to look un offensive. That encapsulates PC very well.

3) Gay people are known by everyone (except yours apparently)

4) You can splice and dice, segment, interpret, and study. This one is going to get played out and it's not going to be pretty. Islamic angle? It's not an angle man. Gay Angle? This is all going down at a level that many of us don't understand.

Recommended movie? Lions for Lambs
I'm just stating the reality. People are not going to come to some sudden realization about Islamic terrorism now that they didn't come to after numerous other terrorist attacks in the US and other Western countries. Remember Paris, November 2015? San Bernardino? 9/11?! Yet people rail against "Islamophobia" and "racism." I am not stating my own personal opinions on this issue (I guarantee you my personal views can only be characterized as hardline) so much as I am commenting on the likely public reaction - that is, I am being objective.

Old 06-14-2016, 07:05 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,095,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
I'm just stating the reality. People are not going to come to some sudden realization about Islamic terrorism now that they didn't come to after numerous other terrorist attacks in the US and other Western countries. Remember Paris, November 2015? San Bernardino? 9/11?! Yet people rail against "Islamophobia" and "racism." I am not stating my own personal opinions on this issue (I guarantee you my personal views can only be characterized as hardline) so much as I am commenting on the likely public reaction - that is, I am being objective.
Apologies. hard to discern that. In any case a cumulative mass has arrived and will arrive soon imho. the president gets called out and reacts publicly, his trooper clinton goes on a rant against him also and the news is buzzing. trump is saying that the president of the US is complicit and does not act enough against isis. having survived the vietnam era this is what it looks like when the water spills over the dam. one more act like this and people are going to start...

Old 06-14-2016, 08:52 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,725,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
In light of the terrorist attacks in Orlando (which I believe to be an "October Surprise" a few months early), looks like Trump was handed the election. There is absolutely no doubt he will exploit this until November, and is his signature issue besides the wall along the Mexican border. This just tells me, Trump is as pro-establishment as they come. Outsiders never benefit from incidents that greatly benefit them.
We don't even know yet if the GOP is going to pull some idiotic stunt and deny him the nomination...let alone the several months left before the actual election.

Anything can happen in a few months...so while I want Trump to win, you never know what horse puckey is going to happen between now and November. Some people are desperate enough to do just about anything - but first, let's see if the GOP RINOs go with the will of the people or destroy themselves.

Old 06-14-2016, 09:03 PM

8,104 posts, read 6,747,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I've heard nothing but criticism of Trump for sending out idiotic insensitive self-congratulatory tweets. Also FBI reps saying how dangerous his rhetoric is as it only helps ISIS.
Do you really think that ISIS will get even more savage because of what Trump says?

Old 06-14-2016, 09:41 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,926,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Do you really think that ISIS will get even more savage because of what Trump says?
Remember when Hillary was called a liar after a debate when she claimed that ISIS was using Trump in recruitment videos? Now we know this is true.

[url=http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/may/20/hillary-clinton/donald-trump-now-being-used-terrorist-propaganda-v/]Donald Trump now being used in terrorist propaganda videos, Hillary Clinton says | PolitiFact[/url]

Old 06-15-2016, 05:46 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,048,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
There is no evidence that ISIS was aware of this lone wolf before the attack on The Pulse.

Also, ISIS has been publishing thousands of potential hits and attacks as you mention for years. That's what they were, just threats because nothing happened.

You've let a terrorist group win by taking over your brain and terrorize you. It's very obvious.
People burying their head in the sand is what ISIS is counting on. . .this will aid them in winning. Until people wake up and accept reality, they are part of the problem.

Old 06-15-2016, 07:12 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,717,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
This shooter was an American Citizen. Too late, Mr. Trump. Deport all American Muslims? What about American Citizens who are Christian and then convert to Islam? We recently had a celebrated converted (Cassius Clay) American Muslim pass away. Would Mr. Trump deport him?

Mr. Trump issued a statement saying that if those Orlando victims had been armed lives would have been saved!!! How many? 103 patrons should have been carrying??? Maybe he can issue a Presidential decree that every baby born in the US gets issued their own free gun at 18????

Ironically, my NRA husband, who has a Florida Carry but does not carry, was at a Ft. Myers Gun Show yesterday. "No LOADED Firearms allowed inside." Imagine that? A Gun Show is a Gun Free Zone. lol The Republican Convention will be also, except for Security. So if you plan to attend Trump's Convention, better keep your guns at HOME.
Good point about the convention.

Why not encourage all attendees to carry?

I mean what could possibly go wrong, no different than a bar at 2:00 AM?

Old 06-15-2016, 08:22 AM

1,988 posts, read 2,222,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
In light of the terrorist attacks in Orlando (which I believe to be an "October Surprise" a few months early), looks like Trump was handed the election. There is absolutely no doubt he will exploit this until November, and is his signature issue besides the wall along the Mexican border. This just tells me, Trump is as pro-establishment as they come. Outsiders never benefit from incidents that greatly benefit them.
There you go thinking again. You should stop doing that.

Poll: Most disapprove of Trump's Orlando response | TheHill
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections