Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2016, 08:44 AM

13,418 posts, read 9,941,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
How does a Muslim ban protect America from self-radicalized self-hating gay Muslim American?

Mick
When ISIS realizes their hero was gay, they're going to drop their endorsement quicker than Trump can spray tan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2016, 08:51 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,427,121 times
I doubt it, for several reasons.

1. Don't overestimate the public's long-term memory. News quickly gets old, and this will be forgotten about before you know it.

2. Many on the left are already angry at Trump's handling of the situation, by his tweeting his appreciation for the congratulations on being right. The reaction is significant. The ones least offended by Trump's apparent sense of vindication are the ones already in his camp.

3. The gay demographic is too small for their vote to have much of an effect, if it were to swing significantly (which itself is highly doubtful).

4. The latest news about the gunman's sexuality takes much of the focus away from the Islamic angle.

Old 06-14-2016, 08:51 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,965,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Mmh, it seems most voting for Hillary are doing so because they fear Trump. Hillary IS using fear to garner votes.

Wouldn't it be nice if people actually voted for someone they liked/respected/didn't fear? Gary Johnson or Jill Stein?

Trump and Clinton are both disasters, and besides- the thing people most fear about Trump (mass deportations, senseless war and ignoring the climate) are things Hillary has actually done.

Green Party's Jill Stein: What We Fear from Donald Trump, We Have Already Seen from Hillary Clinton | Democracy Now!
Don't give Hillary so much credit.

Those who are scared of Trump are scared by his own words. Trump doesn't need anyone's help to lose popularity. He is his own worst enemy.

Trump was not handed the election like the title says. Trump has done so much damage to his image I don't believe he can recover from that

And anyone who thinks LGBT will vote for him, watch Trump pandering to homophobic conservatives, Trump is only a donation away from treating gays as second class citizens:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8CrusikvWo

"I'm not in favor of gay marriage"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqWPnKsm57w

Old 06-14-2016, 08:53 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Fortunately, this is a very loud but small number of the electorate. She's going to lose by historic proportions.
By she, I hope you mean Trump. Have you seen any polls today? His numbers continue to drop.

Such a pity.

Quote:
How does a Muslim ban protect America from self-radicalized self-hating gay Muslim American?

Mick

Well, they cannot. This man's parents came over in 1980, I believe, and he is an American citizen. No Muslim ban is going to prevent what happened - just like a 'Christian Ban' wouldn't have stopped our garden variety young white male shootings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Mmh, it seems most voting for Hillary are doing so because they fear Trump. Hillary IS using fear to garner votes.

Wouldn't it be nice if people actually voted for someone they liked/respected/didn't fear? Gary Johnson or Jill Stein?

Trump and Clinton are both disasters, and besides- the thing people most fear about Trump (mass deportations, senseless war and ignoring the climate) are things Hillary has actually done.

Green Party's Jill Stein: What We Fear from Donald Trump, We Have Already Seen from Hillary Clinton | Democracy Now!
Please do not equate Trump and Hillary with climate policy. Trump is a complete climate denier - Bernie wanted to shut down coal in the next 5 minutes and, as usual, Hillary was the voice of moderation and reason. Work toward renewable energy but we certainly are NOT in a position to where we can just stop using ALL coal or ALL natural gas.

Sorry but after having seen and reviewed both Gary Johnson and Jill Stein - I trust neither to handle the complexities of foreign policy and to deal with the likes of ISIS. We don't need another 9/11.

Old 06-14-2016, 08:59 AM

72,979 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:

Mick
How would it protect against someone born and raised here, who became a convert, then became radicalized?

And furthermore, how does it protect against the mass shooters who aren't Muslims? People like Dylann Roof, Adam Lanza, Eric Harris, Dylan Klebold, James Holmes, Cho. And the guys who make bombs, like Eric Rudolph, Tim McVeigh, Ted Kaczynski.

Old 06-14-2016, 09:01 AM

759 posts, read 636,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
By she, I hope you mean Trump. Have you seen any polls today? His numbers continue to drop.

Such a pity.
Why is that? Because of the overwhelming number of stupid people in this country who want to support 4 more years of a Muslim sympathizing politician who is corrupt and under FBI investigation AND wants to open the doors of America to allow the immigration of more radical islamic terrorists into this country while refusing to say those 3 words?

It is a pity.

I feel safer when a Republican is President... because he doesn't refer to people who want secure borders as bigots.

Trump's fierce unrepentant attitude towards terrorism makes me feel incredibly safer in this country and more secure than I have ever been in the 8 years of the Obama administration. And he's not even president yet.

Old 06-14-2016, 09:07 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,274,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Two gay acquaintances I have spoken to plan to change their vote to Trump from Hillary over this massacre, but I doubt they would tell their fellow gays about their decision. They would probably be harassed unmercifully.

If gays care about their community, they have no other choice than Trump. Hillary is as big a Muslim extremist apologist and protector of these evil people as Obama.
Uh Huh.

Old 06-14-2016, 09:11 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
. Have you seen any polls today? His numbers continue to drop.

Such a pity.
I've said before that I don't pay mind to polls 1/2 year in the future. However, considering that you apparently do, I just checked. Hillary has spent a quarter of a Billion on her campaign and she's tied with Trump. Before she spent the money she was 20 pts ahead.

Her Wall Street and Foreign Dictator donors can't be happy about that.

But we are indeed getting ahead of ourselves. She hasn't even beaten Bread Line Bernie yet.

Old 06-14-2016, 09:14 AM

72,979 posts, read 62,554,457 times
There is alot of worry about outside threats. I'm worried about inside threats. I think about the persons who pose a threat to me who are homegrown. Why? Because of proximity. Whatever I'm near, or wherever I want to be, I worry about what is there. I worry about inside threats because historically, for my ethnicity anyway, the biggest threats have either been next door or across the tracks, not always across the water.

Old 06-14-2016, 09:16 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,965,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
How would it protect against someone born and raised here, who became a convert, then became radicalized?

And furthermore, how does it protect against the mass shooters who aren't Muslims? People like Dylann Roof, Adam Lanza, Eric Harris, Dylan Klebold, James Holmes, Cho. And the guys who make bombs, like Eric Rudolph, Tim McVeigh, Ted Kaczynski.
Didn't you get the memo? If your background is European you are automatically American. If you engage in a mass shooting or bombing then it is a case of mental illness not domestic terrorism like in the case of our innocent boy Dylann Roof who just forgot to take his pills that day. Don't call Adam Lanza a terrorist. He was just not well. If he had received therapy, he would have not killed those children.

If your background is Latin American, Middle Eastern, African then you will always be Mexican, Muslim and an African American. It doesn't matter how many generations back. You are not really a real American who build this nation with European values and made it great in the 1950's. If you engage in mass shooting then you are a domestic terrorist because you are not a real American.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections