Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2016, 02:33 PM

759 posts, read 637,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Facts are such a pesky thing for liberals. They only give you the facts that say what they want them to say, but the continually fail to give the entire story.

Which is why we have a nut job like Hillary running. The very idea of a criminal under current investigation should tell you just how low information, insane, and downright idiotic the Hillary supporters are. "But like, who cares, we need a female as president, and if you don't vote for her, you're racist....wait, that was for Obama....what's the memo again? OH, you hate females, you man pigs!"

They call Trump crazy...that's laughable. Trump has been right on everything he's said thus far. Hillary has barked like a dog, made some of the dumbest campaign slogans, avoids interviews like the plague, and won't answer to accusations...which no, fools, that's not "taking the high road", it's because she can't remember all of her lies and doesn't want to get called out while everyone is paying very, very close attention, most especially Trump.
Great post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Okay, President Obama has a low approval rate. Hillary isn't any good. That doesn't mean I am going to vote for Trump. At the end of the day, when it comes to politics, I look out for me. That said, no one has given me a reason to vote for Trump.
I look out for me too... and after 8 years of "Change we can believe in" it's time for "we need change, not 4 more of the same."

(Thank you very much, I'm here all week)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2016, 02:36 PM

73,050 posts, read 62,670,561 times
Quote:
I look out for me too... and after 8 years of "Change we can believe in" it's time for "we need change, not 4 more of the same."

(Thank you very much, I'm here all week)
Well, this is how I see it. I look out for me because I've learned this. There are those who would vote for someone who would stand against my best interests. I have to try and counter that vote. If I don't look out for me, who else will?

Something else. Being disappointed with our current President doesn't mean Trump will be better.

Old 06-13-2016, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, this is how I see it. I look out for me because I've learned this. There are those who would vote for someone who would stand against my best interests. I have to try and counter that vote. If I don't look out for me, who else will?

Something else. Being disappointed with our current President doesn't mean Trump will be better.
That's right... and it doesn't mean Hillary will be either.

What's cool though is for the most part the American people vote change in every 8 years.

Since 1952 only once has a party won 3 straight terms... (Reagan 80, 84, Bush 88)

In every other election following a parties 2+ terms in office... the other party won. (1952, 1960, 1968, 1976, 1992, 2000, 2008)

So based on that trend... Trump will be elected in November.

Old 06-13-2016, 02:44 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,123,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeC View Post

What's cool though is for the most part the American people vote change in every 8 years.

Since 1952 only once has a party won 3 straight terms... (Reagan 80, 84, Bush 88)

In every other election following a parties 2+ terms in office... the other party won. (1952, 1960, 1968, 1976, 1992, 2000, 2008)

In 2008, you reasoned that no African-American with a Kenyan name would win the White House, didn't you?

To me, this year feels a lot like 1988.

Mick

Old 06-13-2016, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeC View Post

Well, I'm thinking 3rd party this November. Even with this act of terror, I look at things like this. After some of Trump's current behavior and some very dumb things he's done, I wonder what he might do to me this November. I actually do feel that way.

Old 06-13-2016, 02:46 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,277,330 times
Many people felt Trump's reaction to the tragedy was totally inappropriate. He might grab himself a few votes with his fear mongering, but as far as looking like a leader--he did not. He showed horrible judgment, as usual.

Donald Trump Fails the Orlando Shooting Rorschach Test | US News Opinion

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ando-massacre/

Trump Slammed for Tweet Accepting Congratulations for Warnings About Radical Islam - ABC News

Old 06-13-2016, 02:49 PM

13,433 posts, read 9,965,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
People realize now more than ever that having a black buffoon with zero actual idea of to what to do as POTUS is a real mistake.
See what I did there?
Sure, but it doesn't work that way around, so I don't know why you bothered.

Orange is not the new black.

Old 06-13-2016, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
In 2008, you reasoned that no African-American with a Kenyan name would win the White House, didn't you?

To me, this year feels a lot like 1988.

Mick
Nope... I knew the Dems would win... I just didn't know if it would be Obama or Hillary until she dropped out.

John McCain? C'mon man... you know that ain't happening and I'm a Republican.

Obama's skin color didn't have a thing to do with my vote... although I'm sure it did yours. You probably think Hillary is a sexy old granny that will be a perfect POTUS too.

Has her corruption really blinded you?

... and I'm glad it feels like 1988 to you. When was the last time a Democrat got elected to follow a 2 term Democrat anyway?

1830 something?

Old 06-13-2016, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Many people felt Trump's reaction to the tragedy was totally inappropriate. He might grab himself a few votes with his fear mongering, but as far as looking like a leader--he did not. He showed horrible judgment, as usual.

Donald Trump Fails the Orlando Shooting Rorschach Test | US News Opinion

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ando-massacre/

Trump Slammed for Tweet Accepting Congratulations for Warnings About Radical Islam - ABC News
No, he is not a leader. He a mainly a man behaving in a petulant manner. Former President Bush wouldn't do this.

Old 06-13-2016, 03:02 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,704,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Thats totally retarded. ISIS loves to see people cower in fear before them. Thats why they plant roadside bombs and prefer to kill unarmed civillians. They are cowards. Thats why they are called terrorist. What they DONT like is people standing up to them like Trump. The FBI reps are uninformed idiots.
Remember to repeat that when they decline to recommend any charges against hillary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections