Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 12:16 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post

Do you and your two acquaintances want to tell me how Trump would've stopped the attack of a natural born citizens who legally can't be restricted from buying weapons?
Easy answer. By not letting his radical parents come to the USA in the first place. It's clear he is a product of his upbringing.

Obama & Hillary want to let 100s of 1000s of more people come into the USA from the destruction they created in the first place. It's lunacy at best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2016, 12:17 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I hope you're right. The good thing is the attack happened so far out from the election but I think this definitely gives ammo to Trump's campaign.

Never underestimate how easily scared and duped the average white middle class voter can become. I'm not kidding, either. Their lives are so boring, so stagnant, they are easily emotionally manipulated
I am an 'average white middle class voter' and I will never vote for Trump; nor does anything he says or does make me feel safer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
Like Bill Maher said until either Obama or Clinton can say: "Islamic terrorism" they are going to lose the faith & goodwill of the American people & hand the election to Trump.

Guess what? Hillary said it. Wow - I guess the problems are all solved now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
From low information voters. He didn't send himself a congratulations, he was responding to people who told him that he was right. But of course, the TDS inflicted are going off the rails and the fact is, it's making the anti Trumps look even worse. City Data is not the only place that you see Trump supporters, Bernie supporters, and rarely, Hillary supporters. You are severely misinformed about just how many are voting for Trump - including gays, Hispanics, blacks, and women...since liberals insist on putting labels on everyone. Hillary is not going to win. Get used to it.
What his first response was to make the deaths of 50 Americans all about HIM. Narcissistic FOOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeC View Post
An American citizen who had been previously interviewed by the FBI... twice. Both investigations were closed.

What was his name?

Omar Mir Seddique Mateen (couldn't possibly have terrorist ties with a name like that)

"The FBI first became aware of Mateen in 2013 when he made inflammatory comments to co-workers alleging possible terrorist ties," Hopper said.
The investigation was closed, Hopper said, after investigators "were unable to verify the substance of his comments."

In 2014, the FBI interviewed Mateen again over possible connections with an American suicide bomber.
"We determined that contact was minimal and did not constitute a substantive relationship or threat at that time," Hopper said.

Omar Mateen, Orlando gunman, pledged allegiance to ISIS, official says - CNN.com

... and the nightclub was a gun free zone too.
Wow you are SO right. This individual should never have had access to purchase an assault weapon.

Old 06-13-2016, 12:17 PM

759 posts, read 637,012 times
Quote:
Term average to date 47 January 20th, 2009 to Present

So.... *drumroll*

that puts Obama at the 2nd lowest average approval rating in the last 60 years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...pproval_rating

Lower than Bush 41... Bush 43, Reagan, Clinton, Ford, Nixon... etc... etc...

... everybody but Carter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Instead of averaging, let's look at the lowest and the highest ratings.

Also, it would be MOST revealing to see what the final ratings are, too. Because a very valid method for rating a president's effectiveness is to compare the nation's condition at the end of his term to how it was at the beginning. This reflects how he ended his term.

Final Presidential Job Approval Ratings

FYI: Obama is currently over 50%.

Stay tuned for further developments.
So what's your point? Even at 50% Obama is still below half the Presidents on that list.

Does anyone care that W was 34%? I sure don't... but since you wanna talk lows and highs I'll just throw out there that W was at 92% following 9/11... which was also his fault right? Even when the terrorists were taking their flight training in 1999 while he was governor of Texas.

You posted a link for approval ratings and now want to change it to highs and lows or the final ratings.

Do whatever you want to do... still doesn't change the fact that when you look at AVERAGE (that would be from beginning of term to end) Obama is still the 2nd lowest rated President in the last 60 years... ahead of only Jimmy Carter.

... and yes I will most definitely state tuned for further developments. Obama's legacy is ISIS.

Old 06-13-2016, 12:18 PM

39,226 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Probably not.

1. People have short memories. In three-four months, many would forget about this tragedy. Harsh, but it is true.

2 Most people have already made up their minds.

I think maybe some people (especially the independent) would vote for Trump because of this, but this is only because the independent are conservative/republican leaning. Those liberal/Democrat leaning independents still won't change their minds.

Old 06-13-2016, 12:21 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,129,622 times
Then there is this.. Phoenix lgbt endorse Trump:
LBGT Phoenix Endorses Trump | Opinion - Conservative

Old 06-13-2016, 12:21 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,116,249 times
Quote:
Term average to date 47 January 20th, 2009 to Present

So.... *drumroll*

that puts Obama at the 2nd lowest average approval rating in the last 60 years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...pproval_rating

Lower than Bush 41... Bush 43, Reagan, Clinton, Ford, Nixon... etc... etc...

... everybody but Carter.
I am delighted to see you confirm the correlation between these polls and Presidential performance. It's 53% for Obama now. Let's people share your opinion on November 8th.

Mick

Old 06-13-2016, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Do you seriously think a Lesbian is going to vote for Trump after what he said about STRAIGHT women????? Imagine what he thinks about THEM?
OP said gays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Two gay acquaintances I have spoken to plan to change their vote to Trump from Hillary over this massacre, but I doubt they would tell their fellow gays about their decision. They would probably be harassed unmercifully.

If gays care about their community, they have no other choice than Trump. Hillary is as big a Muslim extremist apologist and protector of these evil people as Obama.
Trump has the male vote... Hillary has the female vote.

OP didn't say lesbians. If he had it would have been obvious.

I didn't seriously think about anything other than what I read.

Last edited by ChloeC; 06-13-2016 at 12:36 PM.. Reason: ... added quote

Old 06-13-2016, 12:26 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,116,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Then there is this.. Phoenix lgbt endorse Trump:
LBGT Phoenix Endorses Trump | Opinion - Conservative
You fell for that, huh? The Trump tweet was the very first tweet of this fake account. Now up to 5 tweets. I am sure this is real.

Mick

Old 06-13-2016, 12:27 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Trump will own Florida.

Trump will own the Hispanic community. (most killed were Hispanic)

Old 06-13-2016, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
I am delighted to see you confirm the correlation between these polls and Presidential performance. It's 53% for Obama now. Let's people share your opinion on November 8th.

Mick
I haven't confirmed anything. I posted links and numbers showing Obama is the 2nd lowest rated President when you look at average approval ratings over the last 60 years.

Please continue to hump the leg of the Democratic agenda all the way till November 8th while telling yourself he's the greatest President ever with his current 53% approval rating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections