Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 12:00 PM

759 posts, read 636,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Term average to date 47 January 20th, 2009 to Present

So.... *drumroll*

that puts Obama at the 2nd lowest average approval rating in the last 60 years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...pproval_rating

Lower than Bush 41... Bush 43, Reagan, Clinton, Ford, Nixon... etc... etc...

... everybody but Carter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2016, 12:02 PM

10,229 posts, read 6,311,516 times
This shooter was an American Citizen. Too late, Mr. Trump. Deport all American Muslims? What about American Citizens who are Christian and then convert to Islam? We recently had a celebrated converted (Cassius Clay) American Muslim pass away. Would Mr. Trump deport him?

Mr. Trump issued a statement saying that if those Orlando victims had been armed lives would have been saved!!! How many? 103 patrons should have been carrying??? Maybe he can issue a Presidential decree that every baby born in the US gets issued their own free gun at 18????

Ironically, my NRA husband, who has a Florida Carry but does not carry, was at a Ft. Myers Gun Show yesterday. "No LOADED Firearms allowed inside." Imagine that? A Gun Show is a Gun Free Zone. lol The Republican Convention will be also, except for Security. So if you plan to attend Trump's Convention, better keep your guns at HOME.

Old 06-13-2016, 12:03 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,112,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philkirkham View Post
don't forget the thread about the Tel Aviv killings which was God helping Trump
Which is entirely unnecessary, considering God can fiddle with software in the voting machine to give Mr. Trump a landslide victory of historic proportions.

Trump supporters will be devastated on November 8. . . . . what about the signs!? Eventually, they shall sooth each other saying, "it's God's will." Somewhere, the Pope says, "Ah, God listened to me instead. . . . probably because I am Pope Francis . . . . and they are not."

Mick

Old 06-13-2016, 12:04 PM

10,229 posts, read 6,311,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeC View Post
Absolutely... and why on earth would they change their vote to Hillary?
Do you seriously think a Lesbian is going to vote for Trump after what he said about STRAIGHT women????? Imagine what he thinks about THEM?

Old 06-13-2016, 12:06 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,525,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeC
So.... *drumroll*
Instead of averaging, let's look at the lowest and the highest ratings.

Also, it would be MOST revealing to see what the final ratings are, too. Because a very valid method for rating a president's effectiveness is to compare the nation's condition at the end of his term to how it was at the beginning. This reflects how he ended his term.

Final Presidential Job Approval Ratings

FYI: Obama is currently over 50%.

Stay tuned for further developments.

Old 06-13-2016, 12:06 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,170,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Two gay acquaintances I have spoken to plan to change their vote to Trump from Hillary over this massacre, but I doubt they would tell their fellow gays about their decision. They would probably be harassed unmercifully.

If gays care about their community, they have no other choice than Trump. Hillary is as big a Muslim extremist apologist and protector of these evil people as Obama.
Your posts just keep getting better and better.

Do you and your two acquaintances want to tell me how Trump would've stopped the attack of a natural born citizens who legally can't be restricted from buying weapons?

Old 06-13-2016, 12:11 PM

57,233 posts, read 26,178,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Your posts just keep getting better and better.

Do you and your two acquaintances want to tell me how Trump would've stopped the attack of a natural born citizens who legally can't be restricted from buying weapons?
You don't really expect an answer, Trump is leaving the details until after the election.

I heard he has some type of time travel machine so he can look into the future and block parents from entry if their off-spring become terrorists in the future.

Old 06-13-2016, 12:11 PM

759 posts, read 636,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
This shooter was an American Citizen.

A Gun Show is a Gun Free Zone. lol
An American citizen who had been previously interviewed by the FBI... twice. Both investigations were closed.

What was his name?

Omar Mir Seddique Mateen (couldn't possibly have terrorist ties with a name like that)

"The FBI first became aware of Mateen in 2013 when he made inflammatory comments to co-workers alleging possible terrorist ties," Hopper said.
The investigation was closed, Hopper said, after investigators "were unable to verify the substance of his comments."

In 2014, the FBI interviewed Mateen again over possible connections with an American suicide bomber.
"We determined that contact was minimal and did not constitute a substantive relationship or threat at that time," Hopper said.

Omar Mateen, Orlando gunman, pledged allegiance to ISIS, official says - CNN.com

... and the nightclub was a gun free zone too.

Old 06-13-2016, 12:14 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 22 days ago)

27,632 posts, read 16,118,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Yes, you are simply parroting what the right wingers have been saying about Obama for the last 8 years. Do I have that correct?

Mick
hmm.. guess I can be wrong at times. Thought you were brighter than that.

Old 06-13-2016, 12:16 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,170,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You don't really expect an answer, Trump is leaving the details until after the election.

I heard he has some type of time travel machine so he can look into the future and block parents from entry if their off-spring become terrorists in the future.
Vote that man in ASAP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections