Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2016, 04:42 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,060,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Please provide proof for this claim that "nothing is being done to stop ISIS".
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
How does one provide proof of "nothing"?
WaldoKitty, You just answered for me, thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2016, 04:47 PM

20,836 posts, read 17,115,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
I doubt it, for several reasons.

1. Don't overestimate the public's long-term memory. News quickly gets old, and this will be forgotten about before you know it.

2. Many on the left are already angry at Trump's handling of the situation, by his tweeting his appreciation for the congratulations on being right. The reaction is significant. The ones least offended by Trump's apparent sense of vindication are the ones already in his camp.

3. The gay demographic is too small for their vote to have much of an effect, if it were to swing significantly (which itself is highly doubtful).

4. The latest news about the gunman's sexuality takes much of the focus away from the Islamic angle.
1) Memory. Like people are going to "forget" the senseless slaughter. You think this is done?

2) He is pissed off. Ever seen that in a true leader. It's arbitrary fast and harsh. And you want him to look un offensive. That encapsulates PC very well.

3) Gay people are known by everyone (except yours apparently)

4) You can splice and dice, segment, interpret, and study. This one is going to get played out and it's not going to be pretty. Islamic angle? It's not an angle man. Gay Angle? This is all going down at a level that many of us don't understand.

Recommended movie? Lions for Lambs

Old 06-14-2016, 04:49 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,468,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
Exactly right, Obama won't say ISIS, he says ISIL, which is not the same.

ISIS warned three days before the Orlando shooting that Florida was next on the list. . . but, according to our ineffective POTUS, it's all about gun control. He'll say anything to keep from telling the truth and having to actually do his job for once. It's amazing he wasn't impeached years ago.

ISIS Announced Florida Threat THREE Days Ago: "We Will Attack Florida"

There are numerous websites validating the threat. Obama is in charge of our govt, that is why nothing is being done to stop ISIS.

Gun control Obama? Is his head so buried in the sand that he doesn't realize that when ISIS wants assault rifles in the hands of their shooters it will happen?

So much for his theory of gun control: his Chicago has one of the most strict gun control laws and yet they have the highest percentage of shootings.
There is no evidence that ISIS was aware of this lone wolf before the attack on The Pulse.

Also, ISIS has been publishing thousands of potential hits and attacks as you mention for years. That's what they were, just threats because nothing happened.

You've let a terrorist group win by taking over your brain and terrorize you. It's very obvious.

Old 06-14-2016, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
There is no evidence that ISIS was aware of this lone wolf before the attack on The Pulse.

Also, ISIS has been publishing thousands of potential hits and attacks as you mention for years. That's what they were, just threats because nothing happened.

You've let a terrorist group win by taking over your brain and terrorize you. It's very obvious.
Gosh it's gonna be good when these f'ckers are eliminated from the earth. Go Trump

Old 06-14-2016, 04:56 PM

347 posts, read 468,286 times
Actually today this very thing crossed my mind before I even saw this thread.

Trump is not your typical Republican. He actually likes the gay community and has a reputation of being gay friendly. I can't remember the last Republican candidate who was that friendly with gays.

I could see how a significant percentage of gay people would choose to vote for him. You know they want an end to this kind of hate and since the massacre occurred on Obama's watch that will inevitably hurt Hillary, since her winning the election would be considered Obama's 3rd term.

Old 06-14-2016, 04:57 PM

13,429 posts, read 9,962,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
WaldoKitty, You just answered for me, thank you!
Okay seeing as you don't understand the question, let me rephrase - it is patently absurd to say that Obama has done "nothing" to stop ISIS. Given that any number of counter terrorism agents, military personnel, law enforcement, and lawd knows who else have spent countless hours combatting the same, how is it your mind cannot grasp that what they do is not "nothing"? A lot of lives have been lost doing "nothing".

And given the sheer number of threats, chatter and home grown and international religious nut jobs I'm surprised there haven't been more. Do you know why there hasn't been more? Because Obama is not doing "nothing".

One more thing - ISIS didn't plan this.

Try not to give the enemy more credit than they deserve.

Old 06-14-2016, 05:10 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,468,462 times
Quote:
Okay seeing as you don't understand the question, let me rephrase - it is patently absurd to say that Obama has done "nothing" to stop ISIS. Given that any number of counter terrorism agents, military personnel, law enforcement, and lawd knows who else have spent countless hours combatting the same, how is it your mind cannot grasp that what they do is not "nothing"? A lot of lives have been lost doing "nothing".

And given the sheer number of threats, chatter and home grown and international religious nut jobs I'm surprised there haven't been more. Do you know why there hasn't been more? Because Obama is not doing "nothing".

On target. Factual. Very well stated.

Old 06-14-2016, 05:10 PM

Quote:

Right you are. POTUS already praised their recruitment efforts. "They do an excellent recruiting'

Old 06-14-2016, 05:14 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,958,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Right you are. POTUS already praised their recruitment efforts. "They do an excellent recruiting'
Got a link to that quote?

On the thread topic, in the latest poll Clinton's lead widened, not decreased, which undercuts the theory that the election was handed to Trump.

Old 06-14-2016, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Got a link to that quote?

On the thread topic, in the latest poll Clinton's lead widened, not decreased, which undercuts the theory that the election was handed to Trump.
Will look. I was at work, he was seated discussion. Will attempt to locate. My mouth fell open.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections