Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 01:34 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,505,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPYgM4_MhJc

sounds like he was talking about Iraq soldiers.
I watched the youtube above.

Trump was clearly talking about the American soldiers that were handing out the 'baskets' of money and accusing them of taking the money.

He talked about them handing out the millions and millions of dollars and then immediately said "I want to know, who were the soldiers that had that job, because I think they might be living very very well right now".

It's obvious that his campaign is trying to backpedal by saying he meant Iraq solders, because Trump said something that they want to 'undo'. They are trying to undo what he said by spinning it around. Lame attempt and it won't work unless you are a die hard Trumpette. But for people that still use their brains, there is no way to interpret Trump meaning Iraqi soldiers. Just watch the short youtube video above you you will see that Trump is referring to the American soldiers that had the job of handing out the money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2016, 01:38 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,639,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
I watched the youtube above.

Trump was clearly talking about the American soldiers that were handing out the 'baskets' of money and accusing them of taking the money.

He talked about them handing out the millions and millions of dollars and then immediately said "I want to know, who were the soldiers that had that job, because I think they might be living very very well right now".

It's obvious that his campaign is trying to backpedal by saying he meant Iraq solders, because Trump said something that they want to 'undo'. They are trying to undo what he said by spinning it around. Lame attempt and it won't work unless you are a die hard Trumpette. But for people that still use their brains, there is no way to interpret Trump meaning Iraqi soldiers. Just watch the short youtube video above you you will see that Trump is referring to the American soldiers that had the job of handing out the money.
My post 31.

I admit this is disappointing.

Old 06-15-2016, 01:59 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,978,635 times
Well I don't enough about these soldiers and these money transactions to have an opinion whether they stole that money or not. I personally hate corruption and I don't blindly defend anyone just because it fits my political agenda.

Having said that, I'm not sure why Trump brought this up during this speech. It's no secret many people in the military lean republican and he could have spent his time more wisely by attacking Obama and Hillary. Some posters have stated that Trump made similar comments a year ago, so it seems to me that's his personal opinion.

I feel like Trump is not listening to his advisers or he is listening to the wrong people. If his purpose is to create media coverage then he is succeeding at that but he is creating a very negative image of himself. If people dislike a candidate they most likely won't vote for him. I think it has been proven over and over than attacking Megyn Kelly and Heidi Cruz did a lot of damage to his campaign.

Old 06-15-2016, 02:03 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,770,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if there are sporadic or few incidents where some money has been unaccounted for or that a Soldier may have embezzled it. No one is saying that Soldiers can't commit crimes. We have military prisons with plenty of them. But to throw a blanket statement in a political speech is a disrespectful thing to do and I hope members of the military remember this. It's kind of like NYC Mayor de Blasio's comments about his police department. And it wasn't well received.
It's also just plain stupid.

Old 06-15-2016, 02:05 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,770,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
If you're a communicator it is your job to ensure you use words, sentences, phrases to make sure your point is clear. It isn't the responsibility of the listener to have to guess what the **** you're talking about.

If you're running for POTUS, you better ****ing know how to communicate. This is the second day in three days where he's left us confused because he wan't clear during his speech.
Personally, I'm not a bit confused.

Old 06-15-2016, 02:48 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,696,020 times
Trump's words guarantees the election of Clinton.

Old 06-15-2016, 04:06 PM

46,979 posts, read 26,033,054 times
Thieves think everybody steals is a cliche for a reason.

Old 06-15-2016, 04:17 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,565,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I don't know what's more hilarious -- Trump's accusations or the **********s' responses to it.
LOL @ **********s

Old 06-15-2016, 04:39 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,480,147 times
Maybe Trump's point is worth a look with a huge loss of taxpayer funds by this process (mostly during Bush's term and Iraq reconstruction). I wouldn't start knocking our service members, but he feels like it's worth discussing. Lord knows the whole Iraq and Afghanistan Wars have been a mess, this financial loss included - under GOP watch, btw.

Might as well bring up Abu Ghraib while he's at it. Also a sad time in our recent military, also under GOP watch.

Old 06-15-2016, 05:15 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,505,104 times
Trump dissed US Soldiers and the GOP(see other post about GOP where Trump said he would go alone).

2 groups that he needs on his side. What a crazy fool.

Last edited by sware2cod; 06-15-2016 at 05:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections