Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2016, 04:53 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,730,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker501 View Post
Trump is for Fair Trade.
And yes, his clothing is made in China - just like almost every other clothing company. The point is he wants to change it.
He also manufactures in Mexico, you know, the rapists. And Bangladesh. And he applied for 78 visas for foreign workers in Florida. Face it, the guy says what he thinks you want to hear, he doesn't believe in any of it. If he did, he wouldn't be manufacturing in all these countries for all these years. Saying "he wants to change it" is meaningless. Just like he wouldn't call for Romney to release his tax returns but refuse to do so himself.

Moody's: Where Trump's Economic Policies Might Spark Recession, Clinton's Could Boost GDP And Lower Unemployment

“The upshot of our analysis is that Secretary Clinton’s economic policies, when taken together, will result in a stronger U.S. economy under almost any scenario,” they wrote on Friday. ”The upshot of Mr. Trump’s economic policy positions under almost any scenario is that the U.S. economy will be more isolated and diminished,” they concluded in June.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/maggiemc.../#fe36c7023480

Last edited by Ibginnie; 07-31-2016 at 09:54 AM.. Reason: deleted quoted post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2016, 04:54 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,338,868 times
Quote:

With respect to ISIS - Hillary plans to increase the number of Muslim immigrants into the US. Why? I don't see why this is a necessity especially given the outcome in Europe of doing it. Trump wants to thoroughly vet each Muslim immigrant to ensure they will integrate and embrace America and not come here and try to change our values and beliefs.
Here is the answer to the question about why Hillary (and her leftist colleagues) want to increase the number of Muslims to the US:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4Z7S304NEo

Old 07-30-2016, 04:57 PM

1,043 posts, read 900,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
He also manufactures in Mexico, you know, the rapists. And Bangladesh. And he applied for 78 visas for foreign workers in Florida. Face it, the guy says what he thinks you want to hear, he doesn't believe in any of it. If he did, he wouldn't be manufacturing in all these countries for all these years. Saying "he wants to change it" is meaningless. Just like he wouldn't call for Romney to release his tax returns but refuse to do so himself.

Moody's: Where Trump's Economic Policies Might Spark Recession, Clinton's Could Boost GDP And Lower Unemployment
You can't expect him to be the only business to not take advantage of current economic policies. If he changes the law he must abide by the law like every other business.

Old 07-30-2016, 04:59 PM

Quote:
You can't expect him to be the only business to not take advantage of current economic policies. If he changes the law he must abide by the law like every other business.
Then he doesn't believe in his own rhetoric. He is a hypocrite that attacks other companies like Apple for manufacturing in China while doing so himself. He manufactures in Mexico while attacking Mexicans.

Old 07-30-2016, 05:00 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,338,868 times
Quote:

Good article.

“The upshot of our analysis is that Secretary Clinton’s economic policies, when taken together, will result in a stronger U.S. economy under almost any scenario,†they wrote on Friday. â€The upshot of Mr. Trump’s economic policy positions under almost any scenario is that the U.S. economy will be more isolated and diminished,†they concluded in June.

Forbes Welcome
Do you believe the claim the Clinton's economic policies would lead to a stronger economy, more GDP growth, and job growth? I don't buy it for one second. More revenue going to DC is a bad thing -- we need the government to tax and spend less and remove the burdens it places on business.

Old 07-30-2016, 05:04 PM

27,215 posts, read 46,782,650 times
Quote:
It's interesting that someone asked why I was voting for Trump so I would like to re-iterate my views for others to see.

Firstly, I keep using the term gay liberal when I describe myself. This is primarily to show the readers that there is a diverse group of people supporting Trump. And as much as the media tries to guilt us into voting Hillary by calling us racists and white trash I will not bend at the knee for them.

There are 2 main reasons I am voting Trump:

The first is with respect to our economy. In case you are not aware it is in rough shape. The latest GDP numbers have us pegged at a growth rate of 1.2% which is extremely low. The median income for American families is dropping, millennials are set to be the first generation to make less than the previous, and home ownership is at historic lows.
This is due to Obama's economic policies and the FED. Hillary is looking to continue on this track even though it is clear that it is not working. The billionaires, big banks, and multi-national corporations are all routing for Hillary. She and her running mate Kaine have been supporters of the TPP free trade agreement - an agreement that is guaranteed to ship American jobs overseas. Trump is adamantly against it.

The other reason I am voting for Trump is for national security. Specifically, I believe radical Islam is a threat to our society and needs to be addressed. This is a touchy subject and often misinterpreted as racist. It is not. Unfortunately, Muslim refugees have been illegally invading Europe because their countries are in disarray. Many of these 'refugees' have been arrested for groping and raping European woman especially in Germany. They have also been involved in terror attacks in Europe. I do not believe it is the US responsibility to take the burden and the risk of bringing more refugees here when we have so many of our own issues to address.

This is why I am voting for Trump. I am hopeful he will once again put America first.
Trump2016!!
Thanks for the great explanation. Sadly there are too many labels in this country and for me you are another American and sadly you have to disclose you preference due to liberals to want to put us all in box and label it with colors, religion as well as sexual preference.

For me it is called a box if you want to call it, with humans for Trump regardless their background!

Last edited by Ibginnie; 07-31-2016 at 09:55 AM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 07-30-2016, 05:05 PM

1,043 posts, read 900,290 times
Quote:
Then he doesn't believe in his own rhetoric. He is a hypocrite that attacks other companies like Apple for manufacturing in China while doing so himself. He manufactures in Mexico while attacking Mexicans.
He doesn't believe that current policies help US workers.

The policies help big businesses like his and obviously when you are running a business you must make a decision on how to generate the most income. If he is the only company making his products in the US he will not be competitive.
That's the problem. Because of all these free trade agreements the only way a business can stay open and generate profits is to ship jobs overseas.
I can't make it anymore clear.

Why is the TPP still on the DNC platform? How does it help America? And if Hillary/Kaine think it's so good for us how come we never hear them talk about it?

Old 07-30-2016, 05:08 PM

17,349 posts, read 11,302,046 times
Quote:
It's interesting that someone asked why I was voting for Trump so I would like to re-iterate my views for others to see.

Firstly, I keep using the term gay liberal when I describe myself. This is primarily to show the readers that there is a diverse group of people supporting Trump. And as much as the media tries to guilt us into voting Hillary by calling us racists and white trash I will not bend at the knee for them.

There are 2 main reasons I am voting Trump:

The first is with respect to our economy. In case you are not aware it is in rough shape. The latest GDP numbers have us pegged at a growth rate of 1.2% which is extremely low. The median income for American families is dropping, millennials are set to be the first generation to make less than the previous, and home ownership is at historic lows.
This is due to Obama's economic policies and the FED. Hillary is looking to continue on this track even though it is clear that it is not working. The billionaires, big banks, and multi-national corporations are all routing for Hillary. She and her running mate Kaine have been supporters of the TPP free trade agreement - an agreement that is guaranteed to ship American jobs overseas. Trump is adamantly against it.

The other reason I am voting for Trump is for national security. Specifically, I believe radical Islam is a threat to our society and needs to be addressed. This is a touchy subject and often misinterpreted as racist. It is not. Unfortunately, Muslim refugees have been illegally invading Europe because their countries are in disarray. Many of these 'refugees' have been arrested for groping and raping European woman especially in Germany. They have also been involved in terror attacks in Europe. I do not believe it is the US responsibility to take the burden and the risk of bringing more refugees here when we have so many of our own issues to address.

This is why I am voting for Trump. I am hopeful he will once again put America first.
Trump2016!!
Great post!! Thank you for sharing and showing people not everyone thinks the same way.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 07-31-2016 at 10:00 AM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 07-30-2016, 05:10 PM

Quote:

The policies help big businesses like his and obviously when you are running a business you must make a decision on how to generate the most income. If he is the only company making his products in the US he will not be competitive.
That's the problem. Because of all these free trade agreements the only way a business can stay open and generate profits is to ship jobs overseas.

Why is the TPP still on the DNC platform? How does it help America? And if Hillary/Kaine think it's so good for us how come we never hear them talk about it?
I think if Hillary and Kaine came out next week against the TPP, you would still support Trump in spite of his incredible dishonesty and hypocrisy. Some people support a person or a group that doesn't like them in the hopes they will be accepted. I don't know if that's the case here but I wish you good luck.

Old 07-30-2016, 05:12 PM

22,482 posts, read 12,022,969 times
Quote:

OP---Since I ran out of rep, I just want to thank you for your great posts and thank you for starting this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections