Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2016, 06:34 PM

2,765 posts, read 2,791,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker501 View Post
It's interesting that someone asked why I was voting for Trump so I would like to re-iterate my views for others to see.

Firstly, I keep using the term gay liberal when I describe myself. This is primarily to show the readers that there is a diverse group of people supporting Trump. And as much as the media tries to guilt us into voting Hillary by calling us racists and white trash I will not bend at the knee for them.

There are 2 main reasons I am voting Trump:

The first is with respect to our economy. In case you are not aware it is in rough shape. The latest GDP numbers have us pegged at a growth rate of 1.2% which is extremely low. The median income for American families is dropping, millennials are set to be the first generation to make less than the previous, and home ownership is at historic lows.
This is due to Obama's economic policies and the FED. Hillary is looking to continue on this track even though it is clear that it is not working. The billionaires, big banks, and multi-national corporations are all routing for Hillary. She and her running mate Kaine have been supporters of the TPP free trade agreement - an agreement that is guaranteed to ship American jobs overseas. Trump is adamantly against it.

The other reason I am voting for Trump is for national security. Specifically, I believe radical Islam is a threat to our society and needs to be addressed. This is a touchy subject and often misinterpreted as racist. It is not. Unfortunately, Muslim refugees have been illegally invading Europe because their countries are in disarray. Many of these 'refugees' have been arrested for groping and raping European woman especially in Germany. They have also been involved in terror attacks in Europe. I do not believe it is the US responsibility to take the burden and the risk of bringing more refugees here when we have so many of our own issues to address.

This is why I am voting for Trump. I am hopeful he will once again put America first.
Trump2016!!
Trump won't fix it. He'll break it.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 07-31-2016 at 10:02 AM.. Reason: edited quoted post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2016, 06:35 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,333,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Market Junkie View Post
Nothing personal, pal ... but the professional economists at Moody's Analytics have a hell of a lot more street cred than you do...
Maybe they do, maybe they don't.

Would you like to explain to me how bigger government, more taxes, more regulations, and continuing Obamacare will grow the economy more than reduced government, lower regulations, eliminating Obamacare, and lower taxes?

Old 07-30-2016, 07:38 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,046,900 times
Quote:
It's interesting that someone asked why I was voting for Trumpso I would like to re-iterate my views for others to see.

Firstly, I keep using the term gay liberal when I describe myself. This is primarily to show the readers that there is a diverse group of people supporting Trump. And as much as the media tries to guilt us into voting Hillary by calling us racists and white trash I will not bend at the knee for them.

The first is with respect to our economy. In case you are not aware it is in rough shape. The latest GDP numbers have us pegged at a growth rate of 1.2% which is extremely low. The median income for American families is dropping, millennials are set to be the first generation to make less than the previous, and home ownership is at historic lows.
This is due to Obama's economic policies and the FED. Hillary is looking to continue on this track even though it is clear that it is not working. The billionaires, big banks, and multi-national corporations are all routing for Hillary. She and her running mate Kaine have been supporters of the TPP free trade agreement - an agreement that is guaranteed to ship American jobs overseas. Trump is adamantly against it.

The other reason I am voting for Trump is for national security. Specifically, I believe radical Islam is a threat to our society and needs to be addressed. This is a touchy subject and often misinterpreted as racist. It is not. Unfortunately, Muslim refugees have been illegally invading Europe because their countries are in disarray. Many of these 'refugees' have been arrested for groping and raping European woman especially in Germany. They have also been involved in terror attacks in Europe. I do not believe it is the US responsibility to take the burden and the risk of bringing more refugees here when we have so many of our own issues to address.

This is why I am voting for Trump. I am hopeful he will once again put America first.
Trump2016!!
Wow, I have no idea why any so called liberal or gay would vote for Trump since he's against everything you stand for. Are you not worried about the supreme court which gave you rights to marry. And here you want to vote for someone who would love to deny your rights. Your 2 reasons for voting for Trump doesn't make sense. The economy ebbs and flows but it does better under democrats. And Trump knows nothing about national security. He talks a good talk but that's about it cause what he wants to do won't happen.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 07-31-2016 at 10:03 AM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 07-30-2016, 07:47 PM

1,043 posts, read 899,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Wow, I have no idea why any so called liberal or gay would vote for Trump since he's against everything you stand for. Are you not worried about the supreme court which gave you rights to marry. And here you want to vote for someone who would love to deny your rights. Your 2 reasons for voting for Trump doesn't make sense. The economy ebbs and flows but it does better under democrats. And Trump knows nothing about national security. He talks a good talk but that's about it cause what he wants to do won't happen.
No of course I'm not worried about the supreme court denying gay marriage. That issue has come and gone and now many republicans and even some conservatives are fine with gay marriage. They all realized it wasn't the end of the world when it happened. You do know there was a Silicon Valley high power gay CEO who spoke at the Republican convention right? His name is Peter Thiel and he was cheered by the Republicans when he told the crowd "he was proud to be gay".

As for National Security. It's not as if Trump is going to be behind the desk calling all the shots. He will have a very large committee and numerous advisors to help him with the difficult decisions regarding our national security. The same thing that every other president has ever done.

Old 07-30-2016, 07:48 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,657,362 times
I'm glad that you created this thread so that liberals can be shown that people can think for themselves and not be boxed into a group ... Where their views are somehow collective. I voted for Obama twice and don't like some things about Trump, but still happily supporting him over Hillary. Don't let other liberals bully you by calling you racist/bigoted for supporting Trump.

Old 07-30-2016, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldus View Post
I'm glad that you created this thread so that liberals can be shown that people can think for themselves and not be boxed into a group ... Where their views are somehow collective. I voted for Obama twice and don't like some things about Trump, but still happily supporting him over Hillary. Don't let other liberals bully you by calling you racist/bigoted for supporting Trump.
What is leading you to Trump over Hillary?

Old 07-30-2016, 08:10 PM

17,339 posts, read 11,266,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Maybe it's because we don't all think the same and I for one, won't be told what's best for me or how to vote by people like yourself. Trump is far from everything I stand for as a gay male but more importantly as a person concerned about the future of this country.
You and others keep talking about the supreme court but as has been stated countless times by myself and others, that is a done issue. It's finished. It's completed. It will not be changed. I don't know how much clearer this could be made. You and others keep beating a dead horse with that one.
As far as national security, I'd rather take a chance on Trump than vote for someone with a failed, yes failed record as secretary of state and I'm referring to her support of the overthrow of Libya and other Arab Spring fiascos. Why is it so hard for people like yourself to stop lumping everyone into groups and telling them they must vote this way or that way? People are individuals with minds and life experiences. They are not simple demographic percentages that need to be told what's good for them and how to vote.

Old 07-30-2016, 08:13 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,046,900 times
Quote:
No of course I'm not worried about the supreme court denying gay marriage. That issue has come and gone and now many republicans and even some conservatives are fine with gay marriage. They all realized it wasn't the end of the world when it happened. You do know there was a Silicon Valley high power gay CEO who spoke at the Republican convention right? His name is Peter Thiel and he was cheered by the Republicans when he told the crowd "he was proud to be gay".

As for National Security. It's not as if Trump is going to be behind the desk calling all the shots. He will have a very large committee and numerous advisors to help him with the difficult decisions regarding our national security. The same thing that every other president has ever done.
No it's not come and gone. Just look how many want to overturn roe vs wade after all these decades. Honestly, I don't care how you vote. I can't stand either one of them. I vote on the issues though. Glad republicans cheered when they had a gay person speaking but they had to. How about instead of cheering one person, they actually accept the entire LGBT community. And we all know they don't

Old 07-30-2016, 08:16 PM

30,347 posts, read 19,134,588 times
Quote:
It's interesting that someone asked why I was voting for Trump so I would like to re-iterate my views for others to see.

Trump2016!!
Well said . You are violating the Dem generated identity politics but for the right reasons.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 07-31-2016 at 10:04 AM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 07-30-2016, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Maybe it's because we don't all think the same and I for one, won't be told what's best for me or how to vote by people like yourself. Trump is far from everything I stand for as a gay male but more importantly as a person concerned about the future of this country.
You and others keep talking about the supreme court but as has been stated countless times by myself and others, that is a done issue. It's finished. It's completed. I will not be changed. I don't know how much clearer this could be made. You and others keep beating a dead horse with that one.
As far as national security, I'd rather take a chance on Trump than vote for someone with a failed, yes failed record as secretary of state and I'm referring to her support of the overthrow of Libya and other Arab Spring fiascos. Why is it so hard for people like yourself to stop lumping everyone into groups and telling them they must vote this way or that way? People are individuals with minds and life experiences. They are not simple demographic percentages that need to be told what's good for them and how to vote.
Principled constitutionalists oppose the way gay marriage was legalized as it's not in the Supreme Court's purview to write laws or redefine terms like marriage. It's not like SCOTUS upheld a law passes by Congress that legalized gay marriage nationwide -- they redefined marriage from the bench. Were I gay, I'd still be adamantly opposed to the way in which SCOTUS legalized gay marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections