Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2016, 05:19 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,069,928 times

Advertisements

The only way totalitarians can manage the populace is by dividing it, pitting people against one another, granting visible special privileges to some, but not others. Then accuse those who speak up of being anti-____.

Democrat strategy for decades.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Thanks for the great explanation. Sadly there are too many labels in this country and for me you are another American and sadly you have to disclose you preference due to liberals to want to put us all in box and label it with colors, religion as well as sexual preference.

For me it is called a box if you want to call it, with humans for Trump regardless their background!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2016, 05:20 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 28 days ago)

29,593 posts, read 16,564,108 times
Parker501
You have every right to support who ever you want to. I just dont think Donald Trump will actually do the things you want him to do and Also that your attacks on Democrats look like they came directly out of a right wing play book.

Economic growth more or less are based on policies that go through congress and the President signs. Republicans control congress and Republicans also support the majority of trade agreements including NAFTA and TPP.

Your best argument for actually supporting Trump is the Muslim ban and that is about it.

Old 07-30-2016, 05:21 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,728,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
The only way totalitarians can manage the populace is by dividing it, pitting people against one another, granting visible special privileges to some, but not others. Then accuse those who speak up of being anti-____.

Democrat strategy for decades.
Yeah, like calling Mexicans drug dealers and rapists, deporting Muslims, etc.

Old 07-30-2016, 05:22 PM

1,553 posts, read 926,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
Do you believe the claim the Clinton's economic policies would lead to a stronger economy, more GDP growth, and job growth? I don't buy it for one second. More revenue going to DC is a bad thing -- we need the government to tax and spend less and remove the burdens it places on business.

Nothing personal, pal ... but the professional economists at Moody's Analytics have a hell of a lot more street cred than you do...

Old 07-30-2016, 05:27 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,069,928 times
There are lies and then there are damn lies. You know very well his comments are not nearly the broad brush stroke you betray. But, again it is the way totalitarians operate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Yeah, like calling Mexicans drug dealers and rapists, deporting Muslims, etc.

Old 07-30-2016, 05:29 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,279,753 times
Quote:
Then he doesn't believe in his own rhetoric. He is a hypocrite that attacks other companies like Apple for manufacturing in China while doing so himself. He manufactures in Mexico while attacking Mexicans.
Apple didn't want to manufacture in China -- they had no choice.
They spent years trying to do it in the USA and it's just not possible with the Tax System, the Regulatory System and particularly in California ..... the Cali System.

Like many other "growth" companies - they had to make a choice. Work within the USA System and grow or stay stagnant with "made in USA". As for the Trump 4 failed businesses - he started (or was involved with) 400 companies and 4 of them went into bankruptcy. Any chain restaurant in America would LOVE that record. CNN Money estimates that Trump has somewhere between 35,000 & 60,000 employees (counting the cling-ons). He has a Privately held company - that man businesses & employees indicates that he knows how to "cut the fat" ........ the Federal Bureaucracy is very,very "fatty" with a unique problem of being unable to FIRE anyone - even for fraud and abuse.

The one thing we know for sure is that the Status Quo is not working for many people - particularly the lower and middle classes. The Rich are getting Richer ..... that's why they have 'donated' over $60 Million dollars to Hillary to maintain the Status Quo - which she promises to Double Down on.

As for health care - I want my Health Savings Account back. Trump wants to move to that, even for Medicare. I agree with him - why should big business get to deduct my insurance payments from THEIR income taxes? I want to deduct those payments from my own Taxes. I want to KNOW what Health Services cost, what Prescription Medicines cost and I want to choose what is best for ME.

Old 07-30-2016, 05:32 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,598,978 times
Welcome Aboard !

Plenty of room left on the Trump Train !

We don't discriminate against late-comers !

Old 07-30-2016, 05:32 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,728,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
There are lies and then there are damn lies. You know very well his comments are not nearly the broad brush stroke you betray. But, again it is the way totalitarians operate.
So you agree that he pits people against each other, you just think the brush is a little narrower? Got it. Trump has attacked, Mexicans, Muslims, Blacks, Jews, women, tech companies, you name it. That's okay, it's not like he needs their votes or anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post

As for health care - I want my Health Savings Account back. Trump wants to move to that, even for Medicare. I agree with him - why should big business get to deduct my insurance payments from THEIR income taxes? I want to deduct those payments from my own Taxes. I want to KNOW what Health Services cost, what Prescription Medicines cost and I want to choose what is best for ME.
My company has HSAs and they are pretax. Why isn't yours? And if Trump wants to move Medicare to an HSA, I would LOVE to know how that would work. Does that mean when Medicare recipients have spent all they've contributed, the wallet closes? They no longer get to tap into our taxes like a black AMEX? Because right now, seniors vote against health coverage for everyone but themselves. They get Medicare, Medicaid, Medicare Part D and Social Security. They get on average three times as much in benefits as they contributed and that's adjusted for inflation. We the taxpayers are paying for those seniors. Those same seniors that don't want others to have health coverage like they do. So if seniors get HSAs, then I want to see how Trump is going to make that happen. I don't see any seniors willing to give up their blank AMEX coverage.

- Few seniors have actually paid for their Medicare benefits. According to an Urban Institute estimate, the typical retired couple paid $122,000 in lifetime Medicare taxes but can expect to receive benefits worth $387,000.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...cial-security/

You know, if Trump is going to make seniors live with the amount they contributed for their Medicare, that's going to be interesting. A heart bypass and maybe a hip replacement and they will be done, shopping for health coverage like the rest of us.

Last edited by Seacove; 07-30-2016 at 05:40 PM..

Old 07-30-2016, 05:46 PM

22,482 posts, read 12,018,893 times
Quote:
Because Trump supporters are desperately in need of ways to excuse Trump for manufacturing in China, Mexico and Bangladesh while attacking companies who manufacture in China, Mexico and Bangladesh.
And you quoted me because...? Did I say anything to you in this post? Answer: "No". However, since you chose to address me, I will address you --- You know darn well that Trump did NOT say all Mexicans are "rapists" and "murderers". You know darn well that he was talking about illegal aliens and he did say that not all illegal aliens are like that. So, your attempt to bring this nonsense of yours into this thread was a huge fail.

Old 07-30-2016, 06:22 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,763,175 times
A prominent gay conservative for Trump is Milo Yiannopoulos, and he refers to Trump as "Daddy".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections