Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2016, 08:41 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,835,280 times

Advertisements

The Khans are probably better Americans than most of the people who are making these ridiculous false statements about them. My God, we REALLY have lost our sense of decency in this country, haven't we ? We think so little of our fallen military that we defame their families and forget the pain and suffering they have had to endure. Shame on those of you who sunk to the level of your leader ! This fine man died to protect you and me, and he saved the lives of countless soldiers that day.

Khan is an educated, intelligent man, very much the opposite of Donald Trump. If you listen to the two men side by side, you can see how much more dignified and intelligent Khan is. Trump has the mentality and vocabulary of a 4th grader, whereas Mr. Khan is extremely articulate. Trump has only one thing going for him...........he is LOUD as Hell !

I hope none of you ever have to walk in Mr and Mrs Khan's shoes.

Don

Old 08-08-2016, 08:41 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,352,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Of course, conservatives who have nothing but division and racial/religious hatred to spread, and who have never sacrificed or served in any way, are quick to smear the decent people who try to move beyond this and who DID put their life on the line for this country.
There's a term for those folks who advocate aggression but haven't served themselves - chickenhawks.

Old 08-08-2016, 08:57 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,947,411 times
The Kahns traded their son's death in for their own 15 minutes of fame.

What a pack of worthless scum.

Old 08-08-2016, 09:05 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,093,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
The Khans just need to keep talking.
Actually, the more they talk, the more people will see what type of special connections he's got with the Clintons and then realize all the hoopla surrounding the convention was over nothing.

Like Trump, they need to just keep their mouth shut because the "damage" is done.. If they keep talking, they will probably undo the damage done against Trump

Old 08-08-2016, 09:06 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,093,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
By all accounts, the man is an upstanding citizen. He is well educated and has a deep respect for and knowledge of the Constitution, unlike most conservatives. And his son did way more for this country by way of his example in service and putting his life on the line than the people who criticize him.

Of course, conservatives who have nothing but division and racial/religious hatred to spread, and who have never sacrificed or served in any way, are quick to smear the decent people who try to move beyond this and who DID put their life on the line for this country.
And what about Clinton, calling the Benghazi victims families LIARS?

If you guys had consistent standards, I'd have some respect for you..

Old 08-08-2016, 09:10 PM

2,201 posts, read 1,875,518 times
Again Mr Khan's son is a hero and sacrificed for our freedom. That does not mean Mr. Khan is on the same page. He recently stated there is no Shia law...really Mr. Khan? He is old school with the Quran
on his smart phone and prayer hours alarm. Mr Khan is suspect as having communication with the
Brotherhood ( not necessarily radical Islam) . Time will tell as the brotherhood ( easy target for a over
sympathetic Obama) to see if Khan surfaces as a equal sympathizer of jihadist wannabees at least.

Old 08-08-2016, 09:24 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,166,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Mr. Khan deserves no respect. He is a Muslim Brotherhood operative.
He is a Gold Star father whose much-loved son is buried at Arlington National Cemetery.

Thankfully, people who haven't drunk the Trump Flavor Aid are going to Section 60 at Arlington to pay their respects. Thankfully, most Americans appreciate the sacrifice of Capt. Khan. Thankfully, most Americans honor and respect Gold Star parents. Thankfully most Americans wouldn't think about getting on the internet to post lies about Mr. Khan.

I look forward to those Americans going to the polls and telling Trump he is not fit to be president. I look forward to those Americans standing with our Gold Star families and POW's and telling Trump, "Enough!" I look forward to those Americans seeing through the hate and the racism and the lies of Donald Trump.

It's this kind of garbage about a Gold Star parent , garbage fueled by racism and bigotry and promoted by a guy who dodged the draft, that makes me look forward to seeing Trump suffer a humiliating, crushing defeat at the polls. I.can.not.wait.

Old 08-08-2016, 09:30 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,733,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usato...ndroid-verizon

Most will agree. It wasn't the Boston Marathon Bombing or 9/11... it's Trump causing people to fear muslims.

The Khans are right again. Look at how their own son died......

It's Trump's fault for all of this muslim intolerance.
Yes your right...Khan's must be right that the lovely peaceful religion is not causing harm and killing innocent people.

The love we saw the Khan's were talking about and the call for unity as well as Khan's denouncing of muslim extremist/ terrorist is how we have to see that Khans,are right and Trump must be wrong.

Soon we all walk around and be happy with a scarf on our head or neck and pray 5 times to appease the.

Old 08-08-2016, 09:36 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,884,194 times
Default Not so Fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usato...ndroid-verizon

Most will agree. It wasn't the Boston Marathon Bombing or 9/11... it's Trump causing people to fear muslims.

The Khans are right again. Look at how their own son died......

It's Trump's fault for all of this muslim intolerance.
That is garbage. I certainly do not agree with your premise. It was Radical Muslims ,ISSA, Talban and of the other groups who actively strike the US .

I am glade finally we are calling a Spade and Spade here folks. Until this War in Islamic Terrorism can be decided decisively there will be distrust.
This has nothing to do with Trump, more to with Islamic Terrorism! Clinton will not even mudder the words! Very Sad!

Old 08-08-2016, 09:44 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,326,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post

I hope none of you ever have to walk in Mr and Mrs Khan's shoes.
Me either. However, Mr. Kahn did make the choice to step into the political arena...and into the middle of a hotly contested presidential campaign no less. And he made a target of himself by criticizing one of the candidates. To make matters worse, he's no choir boy.

But let's be honest, the Democrats are using Mr and Mrs Kahn as nothing more than bait to flush out Trump's worse impulses. So you can all take your faux outrage and stick it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections