Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2016, 12:43 PM

993 posts, read 767,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I wonder why Trump's kids haven't been out there trying to clean up after his dad's latest gaff. The families of Gold Star parents are not people to mess with and anyone with any decency knows that.
Because, unlike their father, they are being smart. They know there is no way to clean this up at this point. So they are keeping their mouths shut. Something daddy should have done.

Old 08-01-2016, 12:44 PM

25,962 posts, read 22,132,993 times
Another non-issue. While I understand the frustration and desperation of those kissing Hillary's feet, Trump supporters are focused on the issues: Economy. Jobs. Security. Healthcare.

Article for prospective you won't get from the liberal media: I have a PERSONAL message for the Muslim father whose son was killed in Iraq - Allen B. West - AllenBWest.com

It takes a while for Trump supporters to answer, he doesn't use shills who just sitting waiting for another post to pop up.

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty Pendergrass View Post
I'm a veteran, I find the letter repulsive.

If you want to support Trump, support him, that is your right, I don't understand it, and I don't want to...but don't dare proclaim that you speak for me and other vets when you attack a grieving parent of one of our own. Trump has never sacrificed, neither has Hillary or Obama. The difference is, you don't hear the last 2 claiming to have sacrificed anything (not in this election cycle at least). Regardless of who sacrificed what, to attack a grieving parent on EITHER side of the aisle is just lower than low. I've seen some sites calling this man a radical terrorist. For what?! Speaking against Trump? Are you serious?!

..and "they did it too" is a juvenile excuse. At some point you have to be willing to say "I won't stoop that low."

Oddly enough, for the party of "morality", that low just seems to get lower everyday.
But Trump sacrificed, he said so, he created thousands of jobs.....and stuff......

6,977 posts, read 5,711,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
The Republican nominee usually isn't criticized by the VFW. The Donald needs to stop digging himself into a bigger hole.

VFW rips Trump's 'out-of-bounds' attack on Khan family - POLITICO
the bottom line is that no matter what trump says, the media will crush him relentlessly. The guy khan was the first to fire a salvo, Trump never said a word about this guy until he called Trump out for no reason, and now Trump's the bad guy for not just sitting back and taking it.

With all the negatives that Hillary has, the media can only talk about this. Its pretty incredible when you think about it. "man responds back to cheap shot and HES the bad guy"

ok.

16,236 posts, read 5,884,675 times
Trump was wrong and that can't be denied. What also can't be denied is that Obama and Hillary got more soldiers killed and maimed in 4 years than Bush did in 8.

Old 08-01-2016, 12:45 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,989,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Apparently, you missed the fact that Hillary directly CAUSED the death of Mrs. Smith's son. Trump, on the other hand, had ZERO to do with Old Man Khan's son's death.

/now you know.
You keep missing (or ignoring) the fact that the Khans, nor anyone else, have claimed Trump had anything to do with the Captains death. That is completely not the issue.

Old 08-01-2016, 12:45 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,711,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeonthelittlemountain View Post
Because, unlike their father, they are being smart. They know there is no way to clean this up at this point. So they are keeping their mouths shut. Something daddy should have done.
so you're saying that if someone calls you out and takes a cheap shot at you, you're supposed just to take it and not say a word?

Old 08-01-2016, 12:46 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
All gave some, some gave all, but trump gave nothing.
Well, he continually gives his opinion which is often a figurative one-fingered salute.

465 posts, read 257,098 times
Insult women = Check

Insult minority ethnic groups = Check

Insult an entire religion = Check

Insult the disabled = Check

Insult a Gold Star family = Check

I'm convinced that a toddler will be next on his hit list, and when he LITERALLY takes candy from a baby, rest assured that the Trumpettes will be here to debate the meaning of the word "take" and to call the toddler a "dirty, lazy, liberal who wants free stuff".

6,131 posts, read 7,989,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
They'll be along soon. They took awhile to show up in the original thread about this mess, then struck with a deplorable vengeance.
See? Here they come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections