Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2016, 12:56 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,705,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
That's why Hillary hasn't had many news conferences - of course the lies she tells when she does just generates more voters who will look elsewhere for a candidate.

Donald may not have social skills - I give you that - but neither does Hillary. The fact that one is establishment and the other one isn't is what's changing this whole spectrum - TG.
donald's social skills are fine, if the entire body of media was on his side, a completely different picture would have been painted about him.

Old 08-01-2016, 12:57 PM

1,834 posts, read 2,694,042 times
Now is the time to question some of our thinking about different peoples with different values and beliefs. Failure to do so will result in people such as Nidal Hasan and others with access to weapons and bombs acting on their beliefs. Study the published doctrines yourself.

Old 08-01-2016, 12:59 PM

2,249 posts, read 2,821,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
donald's social skills are fine, if the entire body of media was on his side, a completely different picture would have been painted about him.
Haha, yeah blame it on the media.

Correct me if I am wrong didn't the media HATE George W. Bush, yet he won reelection?

If anything a lot of this is Trump's fault. He insults anchors on Fox News, CNN, MSNBC and what not. Which guess what? Insulting them doesn't work in his favor. If he would go above it, perhaps they would lay off of him. But look at all his tweets about CNN, insulting them ALL THE TIME, so of course CNN is going to eff with him too. I mean if you had a network, and a candidate was always insulting your anchors and your network, you are going to tell him you would soften up his image through his network? Hell no you wouldn't.

Trump is not good with the media. He is very good at getting attention but the wrong kind, the negative kind. From his media feud with Rosie O'Donnell to his current insults to the Kahn family, Trump really knows how to get the attention in the wrong way. He's dumb.

Old 08-01-2016, 01:00 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,358,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
That's why Hillary hasn't had many news conferences - of course the lies she tells when she does just generates more voters who will look elsewhere for a candidate.

Donald may not have social skills - I give you that - but neither does Hillary. The fact that one is establishment and the other one isn't is what's changing this whole spectrum - TG.
Yet when he lies like a rug nobody whines like they do about Hillary, they applaud him.

Old 08-01-2016, 01:00 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,266,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
AND their sacrifice. They gave up their dreams for him. They lost him. They lost a future with him. And they gave up that future to help protect the United States.

that's what happens when you join the military and fight in wars....soldiers die!!!

Why is KHAN being used at the DNC and upset with Trump is beyond me.

thousands of Americans haved died since the Iraq invasion.....why is this family more special than the other families?....why is the DNC exploiting this?.....you think if this wasn't an election year this family would have been used?

Old 08-01-2016, 01:04 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,192,353 times
Quote:
so you're saying that if someone calls you out and takes a cheap shot at you, you're supposed just to take it and not say a word?
Hillary Clinton was called out directly by Gold Star mother Pat Smith at the RNC, who blamed Clinton for her son's death in Benghazi. Clinton just took it, because she was smart and knows you just can't win that battle. She honored the grieving mother's right to give her speech by not responding. It was smarter to focus on the larger campaign against Donald Trump. That also helps the story go away.

That is a lesson for Donald Trump, too, but he has not learned it The longer Trump keeps this going, the more harm it will cause him. His rants and tweets are certainly making things easier for the Democratic campaign.

Old 08-01-2016, 01:04 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,358,694 times
Quote:
He himself has painted his own image, a massive ego in an ill-fitting suit who likes to throw mud but becomes enraged should someone dare throw it right back at him, much like a petulant 6 year old. He's done that over many years, that image doesn't change because he now wants to be a politician.

Old 08-01-2016, 01:06 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
All gave some, some gave all, but trump gave nothing.
But the ones that gave, were sent there, in part, by Hillary. That part is completely ignored.

Old 08-01-2016, 01:06 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,266,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Pretty much says it all. No one who hasn't served, or lost someone in service go their nations has a right to challenge the Kahns for their loss.

Trump never challenged the dad for the loss.....Trump is challenging what his dad his saying against him for political points for Hillary.

when the dad said terror has nothing to do with Islam and uses his son's death to push that point of view then that is fair game to challenge him since he is the one going to tv talk shows and a political convention.

That's like me pushing a political agenda and using my son's death for shield so I don't get challenge or people give my statements a pass and use it to shut up the opposition.....that's lame.

Old 08-01-2016, 01:09 PM

2,222 posts, read 10,646,529 times
I can't help but feel Mr. and Mrs. Khan were used by the dems. Hillary's campaign went out and found Muslim parents who lost their son and put them on stage to blame Donald Trump, who had nothing to do with his death. Personally, I think Trump should have remained silent and ignored what Hillary's camp did, but he wasn't. Now the Khan's are in the spotlight trying to defend their words as is Trump. All the while Hillary is smirking in the background because her deviate plan worked. The dems are patting themselves on the back in triumph, while the real victims are the Khan's who believe in her. Disgusting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections