Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2016, 12:48 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,707,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty Pendergrass View Post
Insult women = Check

Insult minority ethnic groups = Check

Insult an entire religion = Check

Insult the disabled = Check

Insult a Gold Star family = Check

I'm convinced that a toddler will be next on his hit list, and when he LITERALLY takes candy from a baby, rest assured that the Trumpettes will be here to debate the meaning of the word "take" and to call the toddler a "dirty, lazy, liberal who wants free stuff".
he isn't insulting anyone. if you feel insulted, that's a you problem.

Old 08-01-2016, 12:49 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Bingo! Their son's choice; their son's sacrifice (his life).
AND their sacrifice. They gave up their dreams for him. They lost him. They lost a future with him. And they gave up that future to help protect the United States.

Old 08-01-2016, 12:50 PM

2,249 posts, read 2,822,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
so you're saying that if someone calls you out and takes a cheap shot at you, you're supposed just to take it and not say a word?
No, but when you are running for President, do you know how many people are scrutinizing you on daily basis? When you are in the position of being a leader, especially of a country, you have to be above that. Being criticized and insulted by the media is the way it is for all presidents, including Obama, both Bushes, Clinton, Reagan and pretty much any other president. I mean didn't Chavez call Bush the devil in front of the whole UN? Imagine if Bush would have stooped to Hugo Chavez's level and started calling him the devil too and what not. It solves nothing and only causes more tension and division.

Apparently, Trump can't handle the heat in the kitchen. He is too thin skinned to be president.

Old 08-01-2016, 12:50 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,878,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
But Trump sacrificed, he said so, he created thousands of jobs.....and stuff......
Trump sacrificed about as much as Hillary and Obama did. In other words, Not at all. They are all elitists who feel entitled.

Old 08-01-2016, 12:52 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
how do you know if they supported his son to join the American military to fight in the Middle East?

where you in their house the moment his son told his parents that he was enlisting and they were happy and proud?
They don't have to happy and proud. They only have to love him. They only have to cherish the time they had with their son. They only have to accept his choice, and to pray for his safe return.

Old 08-01-2016, 12:52 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,878,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
AND their sacrifice. They gave up their dreams for him. They lost him. They lost a future with him. And they gave up that future to help protect the United States.
Pretty much says it all. No one who hasn't served, or lost someone in service go their nations has a right to challenge the Kahns for their loss.

Old 08-01-2016, 12:53 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,707,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCheetah View Post
No, but when you are running for President, do you know how many people are scrutinizing you on daily basis? When you are in the position of being a leader, especially of a country, you have to be above that. Being criticized and insulted by the media is the way it is for all presidents, including Obama, both Bushes, Clinton, Reagan and pretty much any other president. I mean didn't Chavez call Bush the devil in front of the whole UN? Imagine if Bush would have stooped to Hugo Chavez's level and started calling him the devil too and what not. It solves nothing and only causes more tension and division.

Apparently, Trump can't handle the heat in the kitchen. He is too thin skinned to be president.
why do you have to be above that? maybe the country is in shambles and disrespected because we have leaders who permit insults to fly and not say a word. its called respect. i do agree with you that he's supposed to ignore these people, but if he fires back, i can't crush him for it, i know because donald is from new york and that's where i grew up too and i know the mental makeup of a person like him, its HARD to just sit back and take it, i don't think in my entire life i've let someone take a cheapie at me without coming back hard, that's just what we do.

Old 08-01-2016, 12:53 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,195,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Another non-issue. While I understand the frustration and desperation of those kissing Hillary's feet, Trump supporters are focused on the issues: Economy. Jobs. Security. Healthcare.

Article for prospective you won't get from the liberal media: I have a PERSONAL message for the Muslim father whose son was killed in Iraq - Allen B. West - AllenBWest.com

It takes a while for Trump supporters to answer, he doesn't use shills who just sitting waiting for another post to pop up.
I am not convinced at all on Trump's so called focus on economic iussues and security. He can't let this "back and forth" with the Gold Star family go.

He lost a lot of credibility on security when he insulted the military's generals. He said he knew more about ISIS than they did. He also has already damaged our NATO relationships. We can do better.

Agree to disagree.

Old 08-01-2016, 12:54 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,932,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The "dreams" line doesn't work either. By that standard, every parent sacrifices when their child doesn't do exactly what they dreamed they would do. At some point people become individuals with free will. And why is the military a dream crushing career choice?

Old 08-01-2016, 12:54 PM

11,776 posts, read 5,789,903 times
That's why Hillary hasn't had many news conferences - of course the lies she tells when she does just generates more voters who will look elsewhere for a candidate.

Donald may not have social skills - I give you that - but neither does Hillary. The fact that one is establishment and the other one isn't is what's changing this whole spectrum - TG.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections