Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2016, 11:40 AM

2,249 posts, read 2,825,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I wonder why Trump's kids haven't been out there trying to clean up after his dad's latest gaff. The families of Gold Star parents are not people to mess with and anyone with any decency knows that.
That's the problem. Trump doesn't know anything and is dumb. He thinks he can say whatever he wants and people will eat it up. Well to a lower demographic it's true, but with those with half a brain, they could handle Trump's situations and responses better.

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Whether it was a fair question or not, it's a powerful question. And it's been very effective. Maybe Trump should stop his circus act of attacking and insulting people.
Trump should. But in my opinion, that is not a fair question. we can agree to disagree on that one. I understand he is in a lot of pain and a lot of anger. Very understandable.

But "what have you sacrificed? " I just won't go there.

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times
Quote:
Whether it was a fair question or not, it's a powerful question. And it's been very effective. Maybe Trump should stop his circus act of attacking and insulting people.
Unfortunately, it's not a circus ACT. It's a basic part of his personality to insult and attack people and at his age that is not going to change. It really doesn't matter whether or not it was a fair question doesn't matter. Trump didn't' need to take the bait if that's what some are calling it.

Old 08-01-2016, 11:41 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,117,050 times
Dear John McCain:

You republicans elected him to be your nominee. Own it rather than run away from it.

Sincerely,

A very amused liberal

4,040 posts, read 2,558,126 times
Quote:
What's even more amazing is that the supposedly superior intellects on the right keep misspelling Mr Khan's name.
If I did so, I am able to admit it, because it is really simple.

It is spelled Khan. Any other spelling is incorrect.

No amount of compassion or empathy can change the spelling of his name.

See how that works?

12,547 posts, read 9,941,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philkirkham View Post
You could say "My father, NAME, had dreams of being a.... " "But he put those dreams aside the day he sacrificed his life to save his fellow soldiers., what have you sacrificed"
He said: "You [insert candidate] have sacrificed nothing and no one"

Not sure how you sacrifice a person...

Old 08-01-2016, 11:43 AM

993 posts, read 767,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
McCain had a lot of his own problems with the families of soldiers that were missing. He blocked their learning of the fate of those soldiers. He has no room to be critical of anyone else. He is sore loser and doesn't even have the support of most in his state.

If people cared what McCain had to say, he would have been POTUS.
I disagree. If McCain had not picked Sarah Palin as his running mate he would have been POTUS.

Old 08-01-2016, 11:43 AM

4,078 posts, read 2,340,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Dear John McCain:

You republicans elected him to be your nominee. Own it rather than run away from it.

Sincerely,

A very amused liberal
No they didn't, Independents did. Thats why Trump did so poorly in most closed primaries and caucuses. I believe he lost more than he won.

Old 08-01-2016, 11:44 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,955,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Trump opened his big mouth to insert his foot and now it's stuck in there. Regardless of what McCain said in the last line quoted by the OP, Trump DOES represent the Republican Party. They elevated him to their candidate, he is their standard bearing and spear carrier. The old party is dead.
Trump represents Trump. He doesn't care about the Republican party and has said so.

The old party is dead? Great. Time to dig that hole and cover it up.

The democrats are scared to death that the republican party of old is dead. They had a convenient devil and they were of the same ilk, both did nothing for the country.

The democrats would love and pray that the republican party regains its power. That is why the media gives any establishment republican air time and quote them over and over again and give them a parade.

Too bad. The democrats now have to deal with Trump. More important, they have to deal with what Trump started. You see, it isn't Trump the democrats need to worry about, it is what Trump started that will end their cycle of fear, division and unrestricted gambling and experimentation with the country.

Even if Trump were to lose the general election, what he started just goes on. The republican establishment can't ever go back to what it was. Sorry democrats, your nice and cozy backroom dealings are over.

Old 08-01-2016, 11:45 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
He said: "You [insert candidate] have sacrificed nothing and no one"

Not sure how you sacrifice a person...
Every military family who has lost someone in a war knows what 'sacrifice a person' means.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections