Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2016, 11:58 AM

15,408 posts, read 6,193,805 times

Advertisements

The best damage control Trump can do right now is to abruptly change the subject. Probably a good time to say he will be releasing his tax returns this week. I doubt it happens, though. With John McCain and the VFW criticizing Trump as a result of Trump's Khan fiasco, Clinton will easily get the majority of the votes from veterans and their families. Easily.

Old 08-01-2016, 12:00 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,555,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Well, you did so. And so did the OP. And several others.

And I wouldn't have said anything, except that one of those misspelling the name then had the temerity to challenge the intelligence of other posters on this thread. Glass houses. See how that works?
I challenged no one's intelligence.

Rather, what I challenged is the idea that has been perpetually pushed in these forums that the left is full of college educated people that are of superior intellect to those on the right.

That's irony when this same group is trying to coerce others into accepting an incorrect definition of a word.

Difference is I never ARGUED that I spelled his name correctly did I? Yet here we have page after page about how callous and sick anyone is who dares to challenge the misuse of a word.

Maybe you can't see it, I don't know, but there is a pretty big difference between the two circumstances.

Old 08-01-2016, 12:03 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,112,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
More like scared liberal because now you don't know what to do. You can't go after the republican establishment you've been so cozy with all these years. Now you have to deal with something completely different, something that cares less about what you do or what you think.

Trump didn't marginalize the republicans only, he marginalized liberals too.

If liberals weren't scared, they wouldn't bother talking about it.
Haha ive been praying since day 1 for trump to win the nomination. As s much as you guys fantasize about him winning the general election, it ain't gonna happen.

But dream on. I'm not worried.

Old 08-01-2016, 12:04 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,930,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
Maybe in your household.

However, many parents can command the actions of their children and over rule decisions to join the ROTC.

The ROTC is a path that leads directly into the military.

The Khan family could have said no.
So it's their sacrifice because they didn't forbid their adult son from joining the ROTC? Yeah, we don't take credit for the actions of others in my household.

Old 08-01-2016, 12:04 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,866,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Permitting? It's still 100% the decision and sacrifice of the adult child that chooses to serve. Last I checked, parents aren't allowed to enlist/sacrifice minors nor force their adult children to serve.
No, but they consent when their only son or daughter tells them that this is what they want. Even though they are afraid for their child, they support him and encourage him. Whether they have misgivings or not, they sacrifice their dream of their child's future, so that the child may pursue his or her own dream. And when that dream ends in tragedy, all the other dreams they have end, as well. They won't get to see their son enjoy another birthday, they won't get to see their son get married, they won't get to enjoy grandchildren. They won't have a child help them navigate through old age, they won't have the comfort of knowing that when they die that they've left behind a legacy.

Old 08-01-2016, 12:05 PM

39,219 posts, read 27,586,391 times
Him again.

Old 08-01-2016, 12:08 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,460,508 times
Trump supporters are trying to dictionary their way out of this.

Old 08-01-2016, 12:09 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,866,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
I challenged no one's intelligence.

Rather, what I challenged is the idea that has been perpetually pushed in these forums that the left is full of college educated people that are of superior intellect to those on the right.

That's irony when this same group is trying to coerce others into accepting an incorrect definition of a word.

Difference is I never ARGUED that I spelled his name correctly did I? Yet here we have page after page about how callous and sick anyone is who dares to challenge the misuse of a word.

Maybe you can't see it, I don't know, but there is a pretty big difference between the two circumstances.
No one else on this thread was challenging your "superior intellect". Glass houses.

And the irony is that it's your group trying to impose an overly narrow definition of a word in order to advance your political agenda.

We have a plethora of posts right on this forum touting the sacrifices made by military families. But suddenly, the parents of our fallen soldiers have suffered a tragedy, but have made no sacrifices. In the meantime, your candidate is touting how his hard work to become a billionaire was a sacrifice. Right?

Old 08-01-2016, 12:11 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,930,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
No, but they consent when their only son or daughter tells them that this is what they want. Even though they are afraid for their child, they support him and encourage him. Whether they have misgivings or not, they sacrifice their dream of their child's future, so that the child may pursue his or her own dream. And when that dream ends in tragedy, all the other dreams they have end, as well. They won't get to see their son enjoy another birthday, they won't get to see their son get married, they won't get to enjoy grandchildren. They won't have a child help them navigate through old age, they won't have the comfort of knowing that when they die that they've left behind a legacy.
I support and encourage a lot of people, but if they decide to take a bullet here or overseas - I'm giving them ALL the credit. It's their sacrifice. To say I've made a sacrifice when someone else has decided to give up their life is rather disgusting.

Old 08-01-2016, 12:12 PM

830 posts, read 684,387 times
Trump train will run over anyone in the way! ALL ABOARD!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections