Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2016, 01:10 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,558,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
No one else on this thread was challenging your "superior intellect". Glass houses.

And the irony is that it's your group trying to impose an overly narrow definition of a word in order to advance your political agenda.

We have a plethora of posts right on this forum touting the sacrifices made by military families. But suddenly, the parents of our fallen soldiers have suffered a tragedy, but have made no sacrifices. In the meantime, your candidate is touting how his hard work to become a billionaire was a sacrifice. Right?
I will offer my apology if you were not personally engaged in the numerous threads about how Trump's rise is due to the uneducated and how libs are all intelligent college grads.

I will also note that I personally have never posted in any thread claiming that any military families have made sacrifices. Some certainly could have, but simply having a child die isn't a sacrifice.

I care nothing about a "political agenda". I've never once supported Trump in this situation.
THIS thread was about an "open letter" that was spot on, and many started chiming in about how twisted, sick, uncompassionate it was to claim that he was absolutely right in his assessment and his pointing out the incorrect statement made by Mr. Khan concerning sacrifice.

"Overly narrow"? Are you serious?
Using the ACTUAL definition is quite narrow indeed.
2+2 = 4 or is that too narrow? Should we allow anywhere from 3-5?

Old 08-01-2016, 01:12 PM

4,288 posts, read 2,060,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOkidd View Post
Only a fool would think that Clinton and Obama have not sacrificed for and served their country. Years of public service in politics is serving one's country. Joining the military and/or fighting in a war is NOT the only way people make sacrifices for and serve their country. Hillary's record of public service spans three decades, Obama served two terms as president. If that is not serving one's country — and I don't care what political leanings you have — then I guess only soldiers serve their country.

And don't even talk about Clinton being self-serving in her role as First Lady, Senator, Secretary of State, amd now Democratic candidate for president. People generally don't join the military for selfless reasons. They join for the free education and guaranteed career for life, knowing that they may be called to serve if the country goes to war. And when they are discharged, they are pretty much guaranteed jobs in private security, or in law enforcement, if they don't go on to have life-long careers in the military and retire at 50. Everything everyone does is self-interested and self-serving, including soldiers. The fact that politicians gain from their positions as elected officials does not diminish their service to the country, which would cease to exist without their hard work.

Look at the constant abuse, criticism, scrutiny, and pressure politicians deal with trying to contribute to the functioning of a democratic society. They work demanding jobs and rarely get any credit for their accomplishments, but do face the wrath of millioms if they make a mistake. They give up any sort of private life, and have to meet unrealistic expectations that no one else is expected to. If this is not sacrifice for one's country, nothing is.
Then I am a fool. Not that being the president is not an extremely trying job but...

Years of public service in politics = at least $$,$$$,$$$ for Hillary, President Obama and many other top politicians democrat and republican alike.

Old 08-01-2016, 01:13 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
But the ones that gave, were sent there, in part, by Hillary. That part is completely ignored.
Much like you ignore a Republican President's as well as Republican Congress peoples' involvement?

Old 08-01-2016, 01:15 PM

1,598 posts, read 1,059,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth56 View Post
I can't help but feel Mr. and Mrs. Khan were used by the dems. Hillary's campaign went out and found Muslim parents who lost their son and put them on stage to blame Donald Trump, who had nothing to do with his death. Personally, I think Trump should have remained silent and ignored what Hillary's camp did, but he wasn't. Now the Khan's are in the spotlight trying to defend their words as is Trump. All the while Hillary is smirking in the background because her deviate plan worked. The dems are patting themselves on the back in triumph, while the real victims are the Khan's who believe in her. Disgusting.
They did not blame Trump for their sons death

Old 08-01-2016, 01:15 PM

2,249 posts, read 2,825,478 times
Quote:
I can't help but feel Mr. and Mrs. Khan were used by the dems. Hillary's campaign went out and found Muslim parents who lost their son and put them on stage to blame Donald Trump, who had nothing to do with his death. Personally, I think Trump should have remained silent and ignored what Hillary's camp did, but he wasn't. Now the Khan's are in the spotlight trying to defend their words as is Trump. All the while Hillary is smirking in the background because her deviate plan worked. The dems are patting themselves on the back in triumph, while the real victims are the Khan's who believe in her. Disgusting.
Of course they were being used. You don't think the people in the RNC like Pat Smith were used for similar purposes? Didn't you see how unwell she was?! I don't think Clinton cares that much about the Kahns, just as I don't think Trump cares at all about Pat Smith. It's called politics. Both sides are doing and have been doing it forever. So don't put this on Hilary, this is how the game is played. So if you are against this, then it's not a Hilary thing, it's a politics thing, because both sides to do it, and have been doing it forever.

There are a lot politicians that do care about people and a lot that don't. But you find both types in both parties, apletny. However, here's my thing. Clinton knows how to play the game of politics and Trump does not. He is trying, but his dictator CEO style just does not work in this arena. He could care less about the people, and is doing it more for his own purposes, just as Clinton.

For all you Game of Thrones fans:
Clinton = Margaery Tyrell
Trump = Cersei Lannister

Both conniving, manipulative and in it for themselves, only one knows how to play the game well.

Old 08-01-2016, 01:17 PM

3,875 posts, read 4,700,158 times
Default Vfw...

Quote:

I've got to hand it for you for presenting by far the most toxic & twisted-on-it's-side framing of the Khan's appearance at the DNC that I've encountered anywhere. I guess that it's anything goes here if it distracts from the obvious reality of how Donald made a fool of himself in dealing with that family.
"...smirking.. deviate.... and other word choices=

Old 08-01-2016, 01:18 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,801,922 times
I can't believe people are here defending Trump!

It only makes Trump supporters look worse than Trump himself.

" John McCain Condemns Donald Trump's Khizr Khan Comments"
"I hope Americans understand that the remarks do not represent the views of our Republican Party, its officers or candidates," former POW says"

Cite: John McCain Condemns Donald Trump's Khizr Khan Comments - Rolling Stone

Also:

" Trump's sustained hostility toward the Khans has made other Republican candidates and officeholders deeply uncomfortable."

cite: Donald Trump Continued To Attack Khizr and Ghazala Khan On Twitter, Despite GOP Outcry : NPR

What kind of people actually defend Trump in this?

Old 08-01-2016, 01:18 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,274,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philkirkham View Post
They did not blame Trump for their sons death

so they are mad because Trump wants to go after extreme Islam?......shouldn't they be mad at W Bush and Hillary Clinton for the Iraq War?

Old 08-01-2016, 01:19 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,494,081 times
Of course Trump would argue with a Gold Star family. After all, Trump argued with the Pope! Remember that one? Yeah, the Pope.

The only person Trump would never argue with is his beloved Putin.

Old 08-01-2016, 01:20 PM

465 posts, read 257,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
the bottom line is that no matter what trump says, the media will crush him relentlessly. The guy khan was the first to fire a salvo, Trump never said a word about this guy until he called Trump out for no reason, and now Trump's the bad guy for not just sitting back and taking it.

With all the negatives that Hillary has, the media can only talk about this. Its pretty incredible when you think about it. "man responds back to cheap shot and HES the bad guy"

ok.
Trump insulted his entire religion. He is no victim. That man stood up for his religion and invoked his son, who gave his life, to do so. The fact that Trump couldn't be silent then, of ALL times, shows exactly who he is. Hillary was attacked last week, but she was smart and shut the hell up. Donald can't do that.

You have to let some things go. Anyone who is halfway decent is going to stand with the person who gave their life for us, and the family they left behind. Not some billionaire who claims he has sacrificed by shirking responsibility at every turn in order to pad his pockets. He's going to cost himself the election, if he hasn't already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections