Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2016, 02:34 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,799,372 times

Advertisements

Please be advised that I have the misfortune to be represented in the New Hampshire House by Mr. Baldissaro. He does NOT express my political views in any way shape or form. He is usually referred to, by locals from both political parties, as our own village idiot. Please heavily discount whatever he says on any topic.

I also consider his statement that Ms. Clinton should be shot to be a threat to a Presidential candidate as well as a simple assault and should be addressed by both the Secret service and local police. Freedom to speak does not include freedom to threaten.

Old 08-01-2016, 02:39 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
Yes that post was DIRECTLY referencing you and the offense taken by you from my random observation in post 79.
You immediately responded to THAT post as though you were personally offended by it. THAT is the purpose of my apology.
Your random observation regarding supposed superior intelligence on the left. Yes, it was random, since I hadn't noticed anyone lauding their "supposed superior intelligence", and given its randomness and partisan nature, I deemed it worthy of an equally "random" observation.

Old 08-01-2016, 02:55 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,801,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Please be advised that I have the misfortune to be represented in the New Hampshire House by Mr. Baldissaro. He does NOT express my political views in any way shape or form. He is usually referred to, by locals from both political parties, as our own village idiot. Please heavily discount whatever he says on any topic.

I also consider his statement that Ms. Clinton should be shot to be a threat to a Presidential candidate as well as a simple assault and should be addressed by both the Secret service and local police. Freedom to speak does not include freedom to threaten.
Good points, the reaction here on this site is more severe for accusing moderators of being prejudiced than suggesting someone assassinate a Presidential candidate.

Old 08-01-2016, 03:26 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,174,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
First Off I am Trump supporter and I am willing to engage in the meaningless thread. Most of the items we are taking about was taken out of context. However Mt. Trump should taken more care in presenting his view.

As for the Parent , Mr. Hassan when you throw comments out these days you better back it up. Mr. Hassan made his speech into apolitical speech and Mr. Trump had every right to make a counter comment.
Mr.. Hassan is a Lawyer whom represents immigrants and Immigrant rights, from the Middle East and he does have a conflict of interest, not just a grieving parent

However being from a Military Family dating back to the Spanish American War, this is sensitive subject and the DNC once more has politsized this in a negative light.
Who is this "Mr. Hassan"? Do you mean Mr. Khan? Mr. Khan is not a lawyer.

Details matter.

Old 08-01-2016, 03:28 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,628,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty Pendergrass View Post
He had nothing to do with it?! I guess you missed that whole thing where he wanted to ban those of Khan's religion from the country, and accused thousands of Muslims of cheering as the trade centers fell?
Well, when ISIS openly claims that they are going to be infiltrating the US by coming in with refugees from Syria..what does Obummer and Hillary do? Yep, just shrug their shoulders and say nothing can be done because it might offend Muslim sensibilities..Khan should realize this, but no, he blames Trump for his son dying in a war voted on by Hillary..

Old 08-01-2016, 03:30 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,219,950 times
Default Trump campaign asks Capitol Hill for support in Khan controversy

Short answer was Congress said no.

Quote:
The appeal did not generate any help for Trump. A senior Senate Republican aide, who asked not to be identified, said Republican senators were pleased with Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's statement on Sunday calling Captain Khan "an American hero" and noting "a travel ban on all members of a religion is simply contrary to American values."
Trump campaign asks Capitol Hill for support in Khan controversy | Reuters

Old 08-01-2016, 03:32 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Well, when ISIS openly claims that they are going to be infiltrating the US by coming in with refugees from Syria..what does Obummer and Hillary do? Yep, just shrug their shoulders and say nothing can be done because it might offend Muslim sensibilities..Khan should realize this, but no, he blames Trump for his son dying in a war voted on by Hillary..
When did he blame Trump for his son dying???

If you're going to make these statements, then be prepared to defend them.

Old 08-01-2016, 03:40 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,850,938 times
Boo hoo hoo ! Pretty bad when your own people turn on you.

Don

Old 08-01-2016, 03:41 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,556,177 times
I said it over the weekend and I'll say it again... this will be his Waterloo

Old 08-01-2016, 03:43 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
I said it over the weekend and I'll say it again... this will be his Waterloo
Seems like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections