Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2016, 02:16 PM

1,070 posts, read 2,029,646 times

Advertisements

That's not confirmed. Do some more research.

They're citing somebody who has the same name ...some lawyer in New York.
The father of Captain Humayun Khan is not a lawyer but a legal consultant in the D.C. area.

Old 08-01-2016, 02:18 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times
Exclamation Trump and the VFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
This thread has been up for an hour. Where are all the Trump apologists claiming the VFW is in cahoots with Hillary?
First Off I am Trump supporter and I am willing to engage in the meaningless thread. Most of the items we are taking about was taken out of context. However Mt. Trump should taken more care in presenting his view.

As for the Parent , Mr. Hassan when you throw comments out these days you better back it up. Mr. Hassan made his speech into apolitical speech and Mr. Trump had every right to make a counter comment.
Mr.. Hassan is a Lawyer whom represents immigrants and Immigrant rights, from the Middle East and he does have a conflict of interest, not just a grieving parent.

However being from a Military Family dating back to the Spanish American War, this is sensitive subject and the DNC once more has politsized this in a negative light.

Old 08-01-2016, 02:20 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,943,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
All gave some, some gave all, but trump gave nothing.
Yes.

Trump is a draft dodger.

No one could call him a patriotic American.

Old 08-01-2016, 02:21 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,031,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post

I also suggest that The Donald continue to insult and disparage the US Military and the living and dead of our various wars. It will get him the votes of all the people that were never in any service let alone any war.
Good Grief! This entire thread is about a letter from a vet. I guess simple comprehension is harder than I thought.

Old 08-01-2016, 02:22 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCheetah View Post
I think so too. I think the walls are closing in and he is starting to go nuts. I mean he is getting it from everywhere. The media, his own party, and on social media. You know he must of been going nuts over the weekend with the #TrumpSacrifices and #TrumpBriefings. You know he was reading those and going crazy.
Yep. Now the new polls are coming out showing Hillary doing well. Polls bother him greatly too.

The Democrats know how to bait and set him off but it's not necessary at this moment. Right now they just sit back and allow him to self destruct because he's in a tizzy. Maybe poke him slightly here and there to allow him to continue to spin out of control.

As soon as he settles down they'll trigger him again. It's very easy- just insult him and he goes after the person or entity that made the attack. He's not able to focus on the election right now because he's lashing out at everyone. He's in major defense mode right now - not a good place to be. And nobody is taking sides with him. He's probably lashing out at his kids right now because they aren't speaking out today.

Old 08-01-2016, 02:23 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,557,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Good Grief! This entire thread is about a letter from a vet. I guess simple comprehension is harder than I thought.
Yes, that would appear to be very much the case.

Old 08-01-2016, 02:26 PM

26,569 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I wonder why Trump's kids haven't been out there trying to clean up ....
...and it just got messier. rep al baldasaro, a trump adviser, just bought into a wild conspiracy theory about the khans:

Trump Veterans Adviser Attacks Khizr Khan As A 'Muslim Brotherhood Agent' | ThinkProgress

Old 08-01-2016, 02:26 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,070,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Yes.

Trump is a draft dodger.

No one could call him a patriotic American.

I've been reading on this site for quite a few years from those railing against the "military industrial complex", questioning whether military members are actually worthy of respect or whether they should just be grateful for having a paycheck, and whether or not they are murderers of the innocent. I find it amusing that suddenly Trump is an unpatriotic American because he never served.

Having said that, Trump is a big boy who is playing in the big leagues of politics and a minion like me feels no compulsion to defend a billionaire who is running for the highest office in the land. Sink or swim Donald. Figure it out or don't. The country is watching you.

Old 08-01-2016, 02:29 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,987,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
As for the Parent , Mr. Hassan when you throw comments out these days you better back it up. Mr. Hassan made his speech into apolitical speech and Mr. Trump had every right to make a counter comment.

Mr.. Hassan is a Lawyer whom represents immigrants and Immigrant rights, from the Middle East and he does have a conflict of interest, not just a grieving parent.

Just because you can do something does not always mean you should.

What "conflict of interest" would that be???

Old 08-01-2016, 02:32 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,987,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
...and it just got messier. rep al baldasaro, a trump adviser, just bought into a wild conspiracy theory about the khans:

Trump Veterans Adviser Attacks Khizr Khan As A 'Muslim Brotherhood Agent' | ThinkProgress
Baldasaro is the same nutjob that said Hillary should be "put on the firing line and shot" a couple of weeks ago, so that tells you all need to know about him and his opinions.

Another one of the "best people" Trump hires.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections