Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2016, 01:40 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,471,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCheetah View Post
I agree, but it goes for both sides, and for both candidates. They are both doing it.
Absolutely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
so what, you think the DNC held a gun to his head and said "you must speak at our convention?" You sound as delusional and sociopathic as Trump.

Mr. Khan chose to be there and speak out on something personally important to him, same as some of the Benghazi victims' family members chose to be at the RNC - why don't you go rip them as well?

Irrespective of politics, it used to be sacred and out of bounds to insult military families, especially ones who have made the ultimate sacrifice. Trump and his supporters have sunk to a new low that American's didn't even think possible a few weeks ago.
I simply stated I don't trust anything/anyone in the game of politics no matter if they are team D, R, or any other stripe of politician you can think of.

To me it's largely a scripted event that uses many people/others for certain individuals to gain/retain power.

And above all else? Let's drop this political nonsense/turning every word or 2 into a political football game and hear about how someone can fix the major issues that plague our country. I know that's a crazy idea but.....

Old 08-01-2016, 01:40 PM

2,249 posts, read 2,824,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philkirkham View Post
he's just upped the CNN insults, 6 in the last hour
Yeah and then he expects CNN to be fair to him? Haha, wait until CNN does the debate. It just shows you how dumb he is. The media is a lot more powerful than Trump, whether one likes it or not, you are an idiot if you think this is the best approach to handling and putting the media in their place.

Old 08-01-2016, 01:42 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,174,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Another non-issue. While I understand the frustration and desperation of those kissing Hillary's feet, Trump supporters are focused on the issues: Economy. Jobs. Security. Healthcare.

Article for prospective you won't get from the liberal media: I have a PERSONAL message for the Muslim father whose son was killed in Iraq - Allen B. West - AllenBWest.com

It takes a while for Trump supporters to answer, he doesn't use shills who just sitting waiting for another post to pop up.
Do you realize how out-of-touch Allen West is? He blames all this on Obama -- WHO WASN'T EVEN PRESIDENT IN 2004 WHEN KHAN'S SON DIED!!

You say you have military in your family. Well, you better think long and hard before you vote for Trump. You could be standing in the Khans shoes someday.

Old 08-01-2016, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
so you're saying that if someone calls you out and takes a cheap shot at you, you're supposed just to take it and not say a word?
If you are the President, that's right. You don't take a shot just because someone calls you out and takes a cheap shot. You are better than that.

Old 08-01-2016, 01:44 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,557,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
It must be pointed out that when you made that specific post, you included a quote from me. And seemed to direct your comment to me.
That is just plain untrue.
My post #79 quoted NO ONE.

Old 08-01-2016, 01:46 PM

465 posts, read 257,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
There is no fine line other than in your vivid imagination.

Nobody is insulting the dead soldier.

Sane people are insulting the father for bringing Trump into a conversation about his dead soldier. Trump had nothing to do with it. The old man was horribly used by the DNC. He probably doesn't realize it. If he had made his speech and never mentioned Trump's name, it would have been well received. He's the one who dived to the bottom; he deserves to have his head muddied.

This in no way disses the memory of the soldier. You know...the one who sacrificed his life.
He had nothing to do with it?! I guess you missed that whole thing where he wanted to ban those of Khan's religion from the country, and accused thousands of Muslims of cheering as the trade centers fell?

Old 08-01-2016, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortpes View Post
Now is the time to question some of our thinking about different peoples with different values and beliefs. Failure to do so will result in people such as Nidal Hasan and others with access to weapons and bombs acting on their beliefs. Study the published doctrines yourself.
I guess you weren't around when it was Christians bombing abortion clinics....

Old 08-01-2016, 01:47 PM

1,598 posts, read 1,059,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
If you are the President, that's right. You don't take a shot just because someone calls you out and takes a cheap shot. You are better than that.
Though the poster you're responding to thinks it's OK to blow another country to kingdom come with nukes if they disrespect the USA

Old 08-01-2016, 01:51 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,455,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Absolutely!

I simply stated I don't trust anything/anyone in the game of politics no matter if they are team D, R, or any other stripe of politician you can think of.

To me it's largely a scripted event that uses many people/others for certain individuals to gain/retain power.

And above all else? Let's drop this political nonsense/turning every word or 2 into a political football game and hear about how someone can fix the major issues that plague our country. I know that's a crazy idea but.....
OH yeah, now you revert to the "just don't trust anyone" defense, but in your last post you were quite comfortable with the implication that Mr. Khan was not at the DNC of his own volition and that he doesn't deserve the basic credibility to be taken as genuine in his comments rooted in his own family loss.

What's a "crazy idea" would be for YOU to stop defending a sociopath who goes so far as to insult military families who have made the ultimate sacrifice for this nation. It IS out of bounds, and you should have the decency to condemn it.

Old 08-01-2016, 01:52 PM

1,070 posts, read 2,030,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCheetah View Post
Yeah and then he expects CNN to be fair to him? Haha, wait until CNN does the debate. It just shows you how dumb he is. The media is a lot more powerful than Trump, whether one likes it or not, you are an idiot if you think this is the best approach to handling and putting the media in their place.
Or it may be brilliance (gads, I can't bear to say that) on his part as he could be setting this all up in preparation to denounce any of their moderators as having bias so he can wiggle out of any debate where CNN is providing the moderator.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections