Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2016, 01:53 PM

2,249 posts, read 2,824,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by philkirkham View Post
he's just upped the CNN insults, 6 in the last hour
This is ridiculous and shows how petty he is. So you are right insulting CNN 6 times in the last hour (didn't even tag him). I go to CNN's twitter page and it's pretty balanced, they talk about Trump, Clinton, the Olympics, and a host of other things.

Guess which Twitter page looks better and more objective?

Old 08-01-2016, 01:54 PM

2,249 posts, read 2,824,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopskooper View Post
Or it may be brilliance (gads, I can't bear to say that) on his part as he could be setting this all up in preparation to denounce any of their moderators as having bias so he can wiggle out of any debate where CNN is providing the moderator.
I think he is just looking for different ways to drop out. Of course he will never say, I made a mistake. So he is trying to build this up so he can blame someone be it Clinton, CNN or someone that will "force" him to drop out of the race.

Old 08-01-2016, 01:55 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,174,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCheetah View Post
Of course they were being used. You don't think the people in the RNC like Pat Smith were used for similar purposes? Didn't you see how unwell she was?! I don't think Clinton cares that much about the Kahns, just as I don't think Trump cares at all about Pat Smith. It's called politics. Both sides are doing and have been doing it forever. So don't put this on Hilary, this is how the game is played. So if you are against this, then it's not a Hilary thing, it's a politics thing, because both sides to do it, and have been doing it forever.

There are a lot politicians that do care about people and a lot that don't. But you find both types in both parties, apletny. However, here's my thing. Clinton knows how to play the game of politics and Trump does not. He is trying, but his dictator CEO style just does not work in this arena. He could care less about the people, and is doing it more for his own purposes, just as Clinton.

For all you Game of Thrones fans:
Clinton = Margaery Tyrell
Trump = Cersei Lannister

Both conniving, manipulative and in it for themselves, only one knows how to play the game well.
Actually, I think Clinton cares a great deal how we treat Muslims here in the USA. We need them to help us fight in the Middle East. She's not going to go out of her way to offend them.

Old 08-01-2016, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
so they are mad because Trump wants to go after extreme Islam?......shouldn't they be mad at W Bush and Hillary Clinton for the Iraq War?
They are mad because Trump proposed a Muslim ban -- a complete Muslim ban. He keeps changing the words but that is what he wants.

Old 08-01-2016, 01:57 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,651,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Trump never challenged the dad for the loss.....Trump is challenging what his dad his saying against him for political points for Hillary.

when the dad said terror has nothing to do with Islam and uses his son's death to push that point of view then that is fair game to challenge him since he is the one going to tv talk shows and a political convention.

Well, trump started it when he went hard-line against Muslims, saying they should not be allowed into the country and the ones already here, even if citizens, should have to 'register' as Muslims.

How do you think those things made that father feel??? His son died for this country fighting terrorists and trump wants him to basically wear an armband?????

BTW, his son died in 2004. I have read many posters 'blaming' Obama for the war. Nope..2004 he died.

And who would know more about Islam, a Muslim or trump? Trump doesn't even understand the three branches of our government!

Old 08-01-2016, 01:57 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,455,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
so you're saying that if someone calls you out and takes a cheap shot at you, you're supposed just to take it and not say a word?
YES - especially when you're talking to a Gold Star family!

What are you guys like, ten years old? This should not require explanation to an adult that especially as a Presidential candidate, it is not in your best interest to insult people who sent their kids to die defending this nation. Insulting Gold Start families because they disagreed with your views is OFF LIMITS.

Furthermore, the guy didn't even take a cheap shot. He expressed his push-back on Trump's own stated anti-Muslim views. That's part of this nation's fabric: to be able to express criticism of our elected officials. If you want to push back on criticism, you FOCUS ON THE ISSUES and don't make it a personal insult. And if you can't handle the criticism, don't become President.

The lack of maturity of Trump supporters appalls me. You should want a President who has the wisdom to determine which criticisms he should respond to (and how) and which he should ignore.

Old 08-01-2016, 01:59 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,490,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCheetah View Post
...insulting CNN 6 times in the last hour ...
This is amazing. Trump has become totally unhinged. He's jumped off the deep end this time. He's like an animal with rabies. I bet Melania and Barron are staying far away from him these past few days. Actually, Melania has probably been sent to live in the maid's quarters after her RNC speech.

Old 08-01-2016, 01:59 PM

4,288 posts, read 2,060,202 times
I don't agree with his responses.

1) The comment about why didn't the wife speak. What does that have to do with anything?
2) He has made sacrifices. Any sacrifice he has made pales in comparison but I don't know the context of his statement.

But once Mr Khan attacked Trump I do believe he then became someone who it was not out of bounds to respond to.

Old 08-01-2016, 02:02 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,799,372 times
A long time ago in a place very far away I watched far too many people get zipped up in green plastic baggies to be sent home in a box to tolerate the Donald's insults to our living and dead soldiers and their families. He is anathema in this house hold and should be in yours.

Old 08-01-2016, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philkirkham View Post
Though the poster you're responding to thinks it's OK to blow another country to kingdom come with nukes if they disrespect the USA
I keep thinking of Michelle Obama's words "When they go low, we go high."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections