Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 09:17 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,420,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
Trump's response was unnecessary, however Mr. Kahn has sacrificed NOTHING.

The loss of a son is a great TRAGEDY. NOT a SACRIFICE.
This is sick. You've obviously never known parents who lost their only son in military service.

Sick and disgusting. Are you a Trump family member?

Old 08-01-2016, 09:20 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
This is sick. You've obviously never known parents who lost their only son in military service.

Sick and disgusting. Are you a Trump family member?
Sick and disgusting should be Trump's campaign slogan.

Old 08-01-2016, 09:20 AM

465 posts, read 256,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I'm a veteran as well and he certainly speaks for me.
Good for you. Vote Trump then.

As for me, I worked alongside White, Black, Hispanic, Muslim, Male and Female sailors. It took every single one of us to get the job done. God forbid one of us didn't make it home, the LAST thing I'd think to do is stand idly by while someone intimated that the sacrifice they(and their family) made wasn't significant because I opposed them politically.

Funny how Chris Stevens, Sean Smith, Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods get to be "4 brave Americans" who shall never be forgotten, because that narrative suits your political goals, but Humayun Khan is some guy who "knew what he was getting into" and his Dad should just be quiet, and blah, blah, blah.

Its just gross. When someone dies, so that you can sit at home and eat Cheetohs and fire people on reality TV, have enough respect to NEVER attack them or their family, REGARDLESS of where you stand politically. Is that too much to ask?

Old 08-01-2016, 09:26 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,927,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post

Sick and disgusting.
Sick? It's logical.

Here is the definition of sacrifice:

Quote:
the act of giving up something that you want to keep especially in order to get or do something else or to help someone
So did the Kahns themselves give up their son's life to help the country?

They did raise a son willing to serve which is honorable, but I think the sacrifice was given by their son.

Old 08-01-2016, 09:26 AM

465 posts, read 256,801 times
At least McCain and other prominent Republicans get it. I've always liked him:

John McCain Strongly Condemns Trump's Attacks on Khizr Khan, Joining Other Republicans - ABC News

I continue to feel bad for the sane Republicans who simply want less government and a fiscally conservative party. To have your party hijacked by the nastiness that is the Trump campaign must be truly disturbing.

Old 08-01-2016, 09:27 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Sick? It's logical.

Here is the definition of sacrifice:

So did the Kahns themselves give up their son's life to help the country?
Just stop.

Old 08-01-2016, 09:27 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Trump's response was unnecessary, however Mr. Kahn has sacrificed NOTHING.

The loss of a son is a great TRAGEDY. NOT a SACRIFICE.

The word sacrifice means you WILLINGLY gave something. This is NOT the case here. AT ALL.

Mr Khan's SON absolutely sacrificed his very life for his country.
THAT is the ONLY sacrifice in this whole discussion.

What happened was TRAGIC and certainly my condolences go out tho the family, but they have no right to claim THEY made a sacrifice. That is absurd.
Captain Khan's son sacrificed his life for his country. As a result, the Khan's lost a son. Your logic is that the families of American soldiers sacrifice nothing, that only the dead have sacrificed. The loss of a son, a brother, a father or a daughter, sister, mother, is not just a tragedy. The families know their loved ones are at risk. They live with that fear and sorrow every day. A willing sacrifice. The families are separated from their loved ones. That is a sacrifice.

While I understand the point you are trying to make, I think that your argument lacks empathy. Military families, including the parents of our military men and women, make sacrifices every time their hearts ache at the absence of the loved ones, whether their loved one returns or not, their hearts ache at the toll service takes on those who choose to serve.

Old 08-01-2016, 09:28 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty Pendergrass View Post
Good for you. Vote Trump then.

As for me, I worked alongside White, Black, Hispanic, Muslim, Male and Female sailors. It took every single one of us to get the job done. God forbid one of us didn't make it home, the LAST thing I'd think to do is stand idly by while someone intimated that the sacrifice they(and their family) made wasn't significant because I opposed them politically.

Funny how Chris Stevens, Sean Smith, Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods get to be "4 brave Americans" who shall never be forgotten, because that narrative suits your political goals, but Humayun Khan is some guy who "knew what he was getting into" and his Dad should just be quiet, and blah, blah, blah.

Its just gross. When someone dies, so that you can sit at home and eat Cheetohs and fire people on reality TV, have enough respect to NEVER attack them or their family, REGARDLESS of where you stand politically. Is that too much to ask?
Apparently it was to much to ask of crooked Hillary and democrats. Maybe you should add don't lie to them and claim they are lying.

Old 08-01-2016, 09:29 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
EXACTLY.

Mr. Kahn asked the question then people get mad because Trump answered the question.

He should have ignored the dude who would have been forgotten in short order.
People didn't get mad because Trump answered the question. They got mad about HOW Trump answered the question. Attacking Captain Khan's mother was well beyond the pale.

Old 08-01-2016, 09:31 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,927,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Just stop.
Stop using logic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections