Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2016, 07:26 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
He questioned the grief of a woman who lost her son in War. He also compared his sacrifices to someone who made the ultimate sacrifice.
The comparison is utterly ridiculous, but its still not newsworthy.. neither part of it is..

Old 08-01-2016, 07:33 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,094,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
I find it almost perfect and ironical that Donny's bogus attempt to ban Muslims from this country is being taken apart and exposed for the junk it is by an exemplary Muslim family - the Khan's. Their sacrifice coupled with their grace and poise gives a lie to Donald's feeble and thinly veiled appeal to appeal to the lowest common denominator regarding allowing Muslims to enter this country.

I love it!
So you have a problem with vetting people before they come into this country.

Ok, got it.

Man, you dems just keep rehashing the same old stuff over, and over again.

Where are the mods to merge this with the other 50 threads about this subject.

Old 08-01-2016, 07:36 PM

22,469 posts, read 11,990,487 times
Quote:
I find it almost perfect and ironical that Donny's bogus attempt to ban Muslims from this country is being taken apart and exposed for the junk it is by an exemplary Muslim family - the Khan's. Their sacrifice coupled with their grace and poise gives a lie to Donald's feeble and thinly veiled appeal to appeal to the lowest common denominator regarding allowing Muslims to enter this country.

I love it!
Trump has NEVER said that he wants "to ban Muslims from this country". He said we need a moratorium on those coming from countries with large Muslim populations---now listen up! --- until a way is found to properly vet them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post

Ok, got it.

Man, you dems just keep rehashing the same old stuff over, and over again.

Where are the mods to merge this with the other 50 threads about this subject.
^^^^Exactly! They love to twist Trump's words.

Old 08-01-2016, 07:38 PM

8,613 posts, read 10,143,894 times
Quote:

I love it!
I'm not defending Trump, but what is so exemplary about the Khans? That's quite a bold statement considering you do not even know them well enough to make such a statement, although I do feel for them regarding the loss of their son. But, what the hell...people are spoon-fed and believe anything these days.

Old 08-01-2016, 07:42 PM

39,223 posts, read 27,589,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
We all make sacrifices in life. Some are just different than others. Even if you look at the definition...Trump was correct in his answer.

This is how I feel too. It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't thing. I have to say though, I think this is the longest they have talked about something he's said/done since the conventions. lol!
I would have to agree with you there. It is a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

Khan asked a tough question "what have you sacrificed?" Nobody can really answer that question right unless they are another gold star family. Pretty unfair question if you ask me.

Old 08-01-2016, 07:42 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,938,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post

This will be the week that Trump lost his bid for Presidency. It is like the dramatic ending of the movie The Dead Zone when the candidate glaringly and shockingly reveals his true self by grabbing a small child to block an assassin's bullet at a public event.
Remember the video clip back during the 2012 campaign where Mitt Romney made the "47%" comment? I do! This goes to show that a single ill-advised opinion or comment can do serious damage to your campaign!

Old 08-01-2016, 07:43 PM

57,264 posts, read 26,186,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
he did? what? i missed it.
The fact that his Khan's son gave his life for the our country, the same religion that Trump wants to ban.

Old 08-01-2016, 07:46 PM

1,216 posts, read 1,082,459 times
The father politicized his son’s death. “What difference does it make”.

Old 08-01-2016, 07:47 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,334,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I believe this is the most blatant distraction thus far to hide the steaming pile that is Hillary. She is a mess and everyone knows it but she is the last stand against the people getting their country back. The people have woken up and are not ready to be Europe yet.
You're missing the point. The distraction technique was only successful b/c Trump took the bait and that's all Khan's speech was. At the end of the day, neither Hillary Clinton nor the Democratic party gives a f*** about Mr. Khan or his dead son. But, they were successful in using him to bait Trump into an argument he should have avoided.

I'm with you on Trump > Clinton but Trump needs to win in order to prevent Clinton from being President (and before he can propose any of his worthwhile policies). This sort of stuff isn't helping -- these are mistakes a rookie could easily avoid.

Old 08-01-2016, 07:47 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post

Ok, got it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Exactly! They love to twist Trump's words.
Is that what he said? Really? He just wanted the U.S. to beef up its vetting of immigrants? Who is this Donald J. Trump impersonator, I wonder? One nice thing about what Trump says is that nobody needs to "twist" his words. They're already twisted!

[youtube]viDffWUjcBA[/youtube]
[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viDffWUjcBA[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections