Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2016, 08:37 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
How do you know her name isn't Kahn?

Is there only one Smith?

Point is that when you posted that you didn't know what her name was. For all you knew, it could be Kahn. If it isn't, you found out after your post.

Your remark makes no sense at all.

First of all, the spelling is Khan. Second, who cares what the woman's last name is? That is not a photo of the woman who was being discussed in the tweet. I've seen Ghazala Khan on TV a few times, online and in the newspaper and there is no resemblance whatsoever to the woman in the picture with President Obama. Seems as if some people are desperate to support Trump's outrageous behavior.

Old 08-01-2016, 08:41 PM

2,201 posts, read 1,874,865 times
At the risk of error and falsehood there is growing evidence that Mr. Kahn ( Aka Crooked Hillary's hit man) is a muslim brotherhood opperative and mediaite! Let' still keep in mind the loss of his Army son a gold star hero who served us well!!! As for attempting to nail Trump that production is leading to still another democratic nightmare....deserved.

Old 08-01-2016, 08:46 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,157,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
If it's not a competition, why ask "What have YOU sacrificed" in the first place? That's a very antagonistic question.
Why? Simple...

Because Trump opened his yap to talk about how Muslims shouldn't be here. That is highly offensive to American Muslims, other Americans, and especially to a family who's son died in the service of his country.

This is another of those simple premises that for some reason "patriotic republicans" are blinded to. Trump started the mess by denigrating a patriot - then couldn't take it when the soldier's father answered him back.

Quote:
You are doing mental gymnastics to make tragedy = individual sacrifice. I can understand wanting to pick up political points, but in this case you are simply wrong. No amount of emotional appeals can fix that.
A tragedy is getting hit by the bus. A sacrifice is when you lose you son to war.

Old 08-01-2016, 08:49 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,927,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
AND their sacrifice. They gave up their dreams for him. They lost him. They lost a future with him. And they gave up that future to help protect the United States.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Why? Simple...

Because Trump opened his yap to talk about how Muslims shouldn't be here. That is highly offensive to American Muslims, other Americans, and especially to a family who's son died in the service of his country.

This is another of those simple premises that for some reason "patriotic republicans" are blinded to. Trump started the mess by denigrating a patriot - then couldn't take it when the soldier's father answered him back.
I read that Trump called the son a hero.

Did Trump say Muslims shouldn't be here - as in deported?

Old 08-01-2016, 08:53 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,619,607 times
Quote:

Nope-you didn't. He sais that he wants to vet, Muslims coming in from Syria since ISIS said they were going to slip terrorists in with the refugees. THEY SAID IT PLAIN AS DAY.

Old 08-01-2016, 08:53 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,258,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guxu View Post
Does it matter whether Mr. Trump has ‘sacrificed’?

Apparently Mr. Trump thinks it matters. Otherwise he would not even talk about this issue.
Exactly! Since when sacrifice became a qualifier? Should all politicians now and moving froward specifically state what sacrifices they have made before they run for office. What sacrifice has HE made? His son is 6 ft. under and he is on the podium. Who made the sacrifice?

Old 08-01-2016, 08:55 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,157,503 times
Quote:

Trump called his son a hero after he was told how stupid his argument was and he wanted to backtrack.

As for the other, I guess you never heard Trump wanted to ban Muslims.

Last edited by blktoptrvl; 08-01-2016 at 09:12 PM..

Old 08-01-2016, 08:56 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,927,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Trump called his son a hero, after he was told how stupid his argument was and he wanted to backtrack.
So he said the son wasn't a hero and backtracked to say the son was a hero?

Old 08-01-2016, 08:56 PM

22,452 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
There is a vetting process already in place. Move on as it seemed to work very well for the Khans's and millions of other Muslims living here, paying taxes and making contributions to the USA.

At the end of the day we're all immigrants aren't we? But maybe your a native american?
Oh, yeah! It's such a wonderful "vetting process"---NOT! The female shooter in San Bernardino gave a fake address on her visa application and no one looked at what she had posted on social media.

Our government was warned about the Tsarnaevs but still let them in. Wake up!

I'm not an "immigrant". I was born here.

BTW, even Native Americans' ancestors came here from someplace else---that being Asia.

Old 08-01-2016, 09:01 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,258,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
AND their sacrifice. They gave up their dreams for him. They lost him. They lost a future with him. And they gave up that future to help protect the United States.
I suggest they take this up with George Bush who started the war and, more importantly, Hillary who voted for it and funded it. Trump should tell this Khan guy if you are really angry about your son's death, what are you doing on the podium with Hillary? He is a tool. I bet if you dig into his past you'll find a partisan activist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections