Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 07:38 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,950,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Did you know that the people who own Disney are dems...and they also own two very large Media stations, one of which is Channel 6 Action news?

Now you know why Disney is able to fire American employees and hire foreigners. The can pay them less wages...and it is perfectly legal.
HP is doing the same thing. A lady called in on a talk show she was 8 months from retiring and was laid off 3 days ago. She had worked 25 yrs with HP and was a higher paid employee, now she is scrabbling looking for work, because she can't retire and there went her retirement plan and healthcare.

Amazing people don't see this and are only worried about their own safety, what they are ignoring it will come to their doorstep, also, just a matter of time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2016, 07:39 AM

28,946 posts, read 30,301,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Did you see were some are saying she misspoke, she meant she won't raise taxes .....she didn't misspeak. The sheeple will just tag along and agree.

The problem is the media and them hiding Mr. Khans past, Trump has every right to speak out against this man. This man is making rounds on the news and saying stuff that should be addressed, yet the media blames Trump. Too bad the Hillary supporters are ignoring the dangers they are creating!

This can't be true enough...........Trump defended his actions saying that “many people discussed this,” and “when I said it, it became like a big deal.”
and he was right, Mr. Khan has a very shady background. ( of course he does, he's in business with Hillary)

Old 08-04-2016, 07:41 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,339,944 times
Quote:
I agree with you, but will he listen, probably not....

on a side note, about the Kahns, they were simply part of Hillary's dog and pony show...do you know, that Mr. Kahn, deleted a FB blog about himself...he works for a firm that invests in Muslims coming to America and buying real estate. He is also a partner with the Clinton's in one of their investments...there is also speculation that he may have moved money for Clinton, which isn't really illegal, unless you launder it...sheesh,sure hope she used fabric softener.
Unfortunately it doesn't matter. Trump attacked grieving parents, that's all that matters to the MSM. Hillary dangled the bright, shiny bauble of the Kahns in front of Trump and he went for it, when he should have kept her in his sights.

Old 08-04-2016, 07:46 AM

1,099 posts, read 902,519 times
And this surprises you? The game plan never changes. The first thing Democrats do is paint their opponent to be crazy, racist, and rich. Name me a candidate that has taken on a Democrat where they haven't used that tactic. And in Trump's case it will be worst because he has put the press in their place, and they don't like it. So surprise, surprise. They come at him with everything they've got. The problem is, Trump's ego is so big that he can't just brush it aside as their typical tactic. He feels he has to respond to everything. He could have simply had a surrogate respond with something like "it's a free country and Mr. Khan can respond as he likes" and then go on to detail the lies in his speech. Instead he completely loses it and extends a story for days (I'm sure the Dems are loving it). Mr. Khan isn't his opponent (he is a non-player). Instead of spending this type of energy on nonsense, he should be focusing on Clinton. If he keeps this up, he'll have a heart attack before the debates. You would think he would know better considering his business experience, but apparently not.

Old 08-04-2016, 07:46 AM

11,223 posts, read 8,312,275 times
Quote:
yes, and everyone happened to clap and hoot and yell, "yeah". Those people/followers had to be basically people on welfare...

Why? Why would anyone praise her for raising taxes on the middle class, unless those people in her audience were people who didn't work, and lived off the system?
I'm a six digit earner, and I applaud it. Our infrastructure is crumbling, and we need revenue to pay for illegal Republican wars before we can even think about taking care of what is really needed here.

As much as we all hate taxes, we need a politician who is brave enough to face that fact that our debt service is crippling us, and we need to address it. Historically, Dems have reduced our deficit (not eliminated in most cases) and Republicans have increased it each time they get their way. We need to deal with that first, then stop waging illegal wars (which basically amount to corporate welfare), then repair our infrastructure (roads, hospitals, education, etc...) and allow our economy to thrive again. Yep, pay now, or pay more later...

Go ahead, take a big gulp of Kool-Aid, and then come back and tell me what a communist I am.

Old 08-04-2016, 07:49 AM

2,735 posts, read 6,740,089 times
oh, i read title as the "PRES" and was going to say i wish he would just sit down and shut up till his term is done...still wish he would to that

Old 08-04-2016, 07:54 AM

1,099 posts, read 902,519 times
Quote:

Why? Why would anyone praise her for raising taxes on the middle class, unless those people in her audience were people who didn't work, and lived off the system?
My wife and I bring in a buck and a half (in ks) and we don't applaud it. We applaud leaders that don't allow money to be spent unwisely because we know there's plenty for infrastructure and the like when these corrupt politicians don't get the grubs in the mix for their special interests. No need to tax people more when all you're doing is wasting money with no accountability for it...

Go ahead and take a big gulp of kool aid and tell me how I'm pro Middle Class

Presidents don't have a lot of control on the Economy in general. About the only thing they can typically do is slow a recovery down. It's illogical to get into one party vs another on a recession or a recovery. Whoever the next President is, they will be residing over a recession. These things go in cycles and they always have.

Last edited by bodyforlife99; 08-04-2016 at 08:03 AM..

Old 08-04-2016, 07:56 AM

3,287 posts, read 2,307,379 times
Quote:
I know that...but my point is, as stated above...

You are also a headline reader....it seems
I once advised a cousin that if his lips went numb he'd be completely unable to read. He didn't understand.

23,795 posts, read 13,277,330 times
How is making excuses, blaming anything and everyone a straight answer? The guy takes responsibility for nothing.

7,516 posts, read 5,761,591 times
They are globalist moonbats. Of course they are going to fly off the roost. In this case it won't make a bit of difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections