Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2016, 04:27 AM

1,099 posts, read 902,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Both conventions are about attacking the opposing party and candidate.

Trump could have ignored Khan or acknowledged the grief of this and all Gold Star families.

Most people do not have political experience and yet have enough common sense, compassion and empathy to not criticize a Gold Star family, let alone doing so publicly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
And Trump is constantly attacking the press, Gold Star mothers, the disabled and women. What's the big deal.
Although Trump handled this situation poorly IMHO, one thing I have grown increasing tired of are these titles like "Gold Star". I don't believe Mr. Khan and his family hold exclusive rights to having a child lost in a war. So perhaps we can stop with the holier than thou attitude. The man put himself front and center in the political arena, voiced out his very opinionated statement, and then when anyone tries to retort anything he has to say, he stands behind his little classification and no one can say anything? Laughable.

And although unfortunate, the man is simply being used by Democrats as a pawn. Funny how they will try and sensationalize this, but look the other way on Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry or U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens. How often do you hear Democrats speak out for others that have fallen in the line of duty? Answer....they don't! They seem more content to glorify thugs by having their mothers speak at a convention, throwing our police officers under a bridge like Mayor De Blasio, and supporting BLM while our officers get ambushed answering fake calls of domestic abuse and the like. Those are the true Democrats in all their glory. The lunacy come about when people like this President thinks it's OK to let in Syrian refugees without vetting them. The lunacy comes about when people like Ms. Clinton are apathetic to protecting our country's security by securing the border. If choosing the safety of our country makes one a bad person, then I'm as bad as they come. With that said, these are the things Trump should have focused on instead of get played (which is exactly what happened here). The game plan never changes and he should have known better. Paint your opponent as crazy, racist, and rich, tell people you will give them "stuff", and there will always be a group of people that fall in line like sheep when they go to the voting booth

Last edited by bodyforlife99; 08-05-2016 at 04:38 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2016, 04:53 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,869,709 times
I wonder if the GOP will stand up for Americans and walk away from Trump, AKA, show some courage. Courage, now that is something the GOP actually used to have.

Old 08-05-2016, 08:19 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,705,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Of those of you who have already posted, did you actually listen to the video.
I don't believe you did, b/c I just posted it?

My point in posting this is...all over FB are reports from every news station alive...and I've noted how many people post, without actually reading or listening to the videos.

Head Line Readers....

You can pick them out b/c a lot of these reports are designed to entice people to read, simply by the headlines, but when you actually read the article, it is nothing like that headline at all....

When Trump is interviewed on a one on one basis, he sounds fine....

It is however, mostly how the media takes a sentence he says completely out of context and off they go...

However, do they ever do this with Hillary? Oh heck no!
had to spit out my coffee on that one. He sounds fine? Can't finish a thought, is all over the place, inappropriate comments, making grandiose statements... Yeah, that's fine.

Old 08-05-2016, 08:59 AM

11,223 posts, read 8,313,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post

Then my next thought was about the hypocrisy of any Democrat complaining about someone working without the proper documents when they openly ask for the borders to be wide open and anyone do whatever they want to. I think we should be concentrating on their illegal talk in encouraging invaders to stay here.
Democrats are not complaining about Ms. Trump working without the proper documents (although your accusation that Dems openly ask for the borders to be wide-open is another lie, page 1 out of the GOP playbook of lies), they are pointing out the hypocrisy of the candidate that says he's going to secure the border and make America great again by denying illegals from taking jobs, the hypocrisy of that same candidate having a wife that does exactly that.

It seems the latest last-ditch attempt of the remaining Trump supporters is to take every talking point that their detractors have, and try to apply it in reverse. Dems point out the hypocrisy in Trump being married to an illegal alien, and they miss the point entirely, and try to spin it back. Dems aren't crying about HER. They are making noise about HIS hypocrisy. Same story, different subject.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections