Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 03:42 AM

549 posts, read 293,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
You're comparing states with considerable wealth to one of the poorest states. The white students in a state like IL, MN, or AR outperform the white students in a poor state like KY so bad that it makes the demographics almost a non-factor. KY is one state. I've never been there, but it's supposed to be like the most backwards place on earth along with parts of West Virginia. I'm painting with a broad brush. Yes, percentage of AA students being the worse states for education doesn't hold true in every scenario because there are a lot of variables, but I never said it's an absolute truth. From the beginning of this conversation I've been very clear that I'm talking averages.

If you really want to throw a bone in the mix, look at states like New Mexico or Nevada. Mostly white, and education is in the tank. I consider Hispanics to be for the most part white and of equal intelligence on the average.

Anyways, this whole debate started with me saying that white kids from states like Georgia, Alabama, or Louisianan perform on the same levels as white kids in more rural states like Idaho, Wyoming, or Montana that are states considered toward the top in regards to education. I'm simply pointing out that these deep south states aren't full of idiot rednecks. They are just the most black states, and because of that they have a ton of problems for reasons I already stated. It's also the reason these states are so conservative.

I praise you for actually bringing stats to the table because so many people don't take the time to do so while arguing this stuff including myself. I find it pointless because as you can see, nothing has changed. You do bring up some interesting points, and because of that I'm actually looking into them. I know very little about the Appalachian states, but I plan on learning more about them.
...In other words, why doesn't everyone just shut up and see the world as you see it, complete with your hard-on for black kids.

I don't usually engage with nazis ... they're irredeemable and waaay beneath my time. Nothing productive has ever come from arguing with a racemonster online.

...But just wanted to point out that your argument has so many loose ends, holes and caveats, it's absolutely laughable coming from someone who insults others' capacities so readily.

Cheeto jesus isn't gonna save you bro.

Follow your leader.

Old 08-17-2016, 07:10 AM

1,649 posts, read 1,010,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpicture View Post
...In other words, why doesn't everyone just shut up and see the world as you see it, complete with your hard-on for black kids.

I don't usually engage with nazis ... they're irredeemable and waaay beneath my time. Nothing productive has ever come from arguing with a racemonster online.

...But just wanted to point out that your argument has so many loose ends, holes and caveats, it's absolutely laughable coming from someone who insults others' capacities so readily.

Cheeto jesus isn't gonna save you bro.

Follow your leader.
I'm not even religious, so you're probably right.

I also hate Nazis or any other hate group. Just because I think that people from Africa as a whole aren't wired the same as Europeans or Asians doesn't mean I think you can discriminate against them. I don't like the fact that any of this is the case. I just accept it and refuse to make excuses for it because I'm not full of ****. Most hard core bleeding hearts think the same thing I do. The policies they try to shove down our throats or the media they present proves that. They'll just never admit it.

I'm simply not what you think I am. I'll give the shirt off my back to someone providing it's on my own terms, and I don't hate anybody unless they have personally done me wrong. If it were up to me we would live in one giant multicultural unicorn rainbow orgy where everyone really was equal. I'm just not convinced that's actually possible.

Kudos to you. You're a better person than me for believing that I guess.