Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2016, 12:13 PM

7,542 posts, read 11,580,682 times

Advertisements

Only way is Clinton dies 1 weeks before the election or Trump pays everyone in the country $10k neither is happening

Old 08-16-2016, 12:17 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,522,638 times
  • Hope this October bombshell from Wikileaks is so huge, she drops out of the race
  • As someone else stated, he sends all voters a check asking for their vote
  • Hope the Pope makes another visit to the country, meets with Hillary, and she drops out of the race to make up for her sins
  • He shuts up starting now, goes back to NY, and lets Pence do all the talking for him
  • Hopes all the democratic catches the puddins on election day and can't make it to the Polls.
Yeah that about covers it

Old 08-16-2016, 12:27 PM

1,649 posts, read 1,009,175 times
The demographics in this country are to to point that it's almost impossible for a Republican to win now.

A LOT of things are going to change over the next 20 years.

The only way Trump can win is if voter turnout is historically low for Hillary. I honestly think they might just be low enough to put Trump in the White house.

As a conservative, I accept that most of this country will be a liberal hell-hole resembling its worst parts in my old age. I know that once the silent generation is completely gone, it's over. I just wish we could win this one election and put those SCOTUS pics in there to prevent the complete and total madness that is coming our way for just a little bit longer. I can't even begin to imagine what this country will be like in 30-40 years.

Old 08-16-2016, 12:32 PM

1,268 posts, read 799,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
The demographics in this country are to to point that it's almost impossible for a Republican to win now.

The only way Trump can win is if voter turnout is historically low for Hillary. I honestly think they might just be low enough to put Trump in the White house.

As a conservative, I accept that most of this country will be a liberal hell-hole resembling its worst parts in my old age. I know that once the silent generation is completely gone, it's over. I just wish we could win this one election and put those SCOTUS pics in there to prevent the complete and total madness that is coming our way for just a little bit longer. I can't even begin to imagine what this country will be like in 30-40 years.
In what way have you been silent? I hear this over and over, but all I hear is whining about media bias, crying over birth certificates, and constantly fabricated conspiracies. How are you silent? You cry and whine about everything.

Old 08-16-2016, 12:47 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,823,034 times
Quote:

Like high poverty?
High unemployment rates?
Low wages?
Low graduation rates and test scores?
High violent crime rates?

In other words, every state is eventually going to be just like Mississippi and South Carolina and Louisiana and Alabama, the heartland of conservatism?

Sorry, Charlie - not going to happen. Liberals aren't emulating the disastrous policies that created the red states messes.

Old 08-16-2016, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb62574 View Post
In what way have you been silent? I hear this over and over, but all I hear is whining about media bias, crying over birth certificates, and constantly fabricated conspiracies. How are you silent? You cry and whine about everything.
I'm a Gen-X

But as far as you're question goes, old conservatives sit around and complain about how the world is going to hell in a hand-basket.

Your people burn their own neighborhoods down like ****ing animals, shut down businesses with protest, and kill cops. They do it even when they're in the dead wrong. Add to this the fact that the other half of your crowd will enable this behavior while turning this country into a PC nightmare at the top of their lungs with the help of a biased media that NEVER shuts up. Just look at the coverage of the Olympics. It has been more about politics than it's been about sports.

I would say old folks are pretty silent in comparison.

Old 08-16-2016, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Like high poverty?
High unemployment rates?
Low wages?
Low graduation rates and test scores?
High violent crime rates?

In other words, every state is eventually going to be just like Mississippi and South Carolina and Louisiana and Alabama, the heartland of conservatism?

Sorry, Charlie - not going to happen. Liberals aren't emulating the disastrous policies that created the red states messes.
This post is beyond ignorant. Typical red state blue state nonsense.

Do you know why those states have those numbers? When you can answer that question, you will be on your way to understanding why pretty much everyone that has their **** together votes Republican in these areas. How about this, let's compare conservative states that don't have those problems like Wyoming Montana or Idaho to blue states.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSvJaYxRoB4

Old 08-16-2016, 02:08 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,674,713 times
Alien abductions of every other canadite...he still might lose though.

Old 08-16-2016, 02:49 PM

1,268 posts, read 799,058 times
Quote:
I'm a Gen-X

But as far as you're question goes, old conservatives sit around and complain about how the world is going to hell in a hand-basket.

Your people burn their own neighborhoods down like ****ing animals, shut down businesses with protest, and kill cops. They do it even when they're in the dead wrong. Add to this the fact that the other half of your crowd will enable this behavior while turning this country into a PC nightmare at the top of their lungs with the help of a biased media that NEVER shuts up. Just look at the coverage of the Olympics. It has been more about politics than it's been about sports.

I would say old folks are pretty silent in comparison.
My people?? You think I have people? We are all citizens. If the PC nightmares you dismiss consist of refusing to serve a segment of society while you operate a business, that was decided years ago. If your talking about saying racist and bigoted things, have at it. It's like the entire right wing doesn't understand your free speech doesn't mean free of the consequences of that speech. If you denigrate people, you should expect some blowback.

I'm also in the Gen X generation. You are going to have to accept that other people have rights. People with different ideas, religions, sexuality, and skin tones are just as valid a citizen as you. You feel like you're losing because you are desperately fighting progress. Your goal is to set the country back sixty years. It's not going to happen. You can cry and whine all day, but don't call yourselves quite. We've all spent years listening to your bawling. We've seen your little misspelled racist signs. We've witnessed you make up conspiracy after conspiracy to no avail, but we aren't the only ones. The youth has seen this too. That is why your prospects are so bleak. In a time that calls for greater inclusion, you are determined to make the tent smaller. You made that choice, but you're by no means silent when you see that little island eroding.

Old 08-16-2016, 02:57 PM

1,202 posts, read 642,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Trump will win.. the people will vote and get to the voting booth in droves..
As long as we have election monitors etc. He will win yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections