Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2016, 02:14 PM

22,483 posts, read 12,022,969 times

Advertisements

This was already posted in another thread in this forum. Here it is yet again:

Exclusive

Old 08-21-2016, 02:14 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,234,618 times
All I have ever wanted are the laws to be enforced that are already on the books and a wall to be built to stop the influx of illegal aliens.

Self-deportation has always made sense to me. If job priority goes to legal citizens, there are penalties imposed on businesses that employ illegals, and the federal welfare is taken away there would be no reason for the illegal aliens to stay here. Maybe they can report to a facility that can help get them home (paid for by Mexico) once their opportunities in America dry up after being here illegally.

I never believed there would be a deportation force where people would be hunted down and dragged out of their homes. I believed it was a negotiating point of reference.

If he grants amnesty, that would be the flip flop that would make me no longer care about this election.

Old 08-21-2016, 02:21 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,294,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
All I have ever wanted are the laws to be enforced that are already on the books and a wall to be built to stop the influx of illegal aliens.

Self-deportation has always made sense to me. If job priority goes to legal citizens and there are penalties imposed on businesses who employ illegals, there would be no reason for the illegal aliens to stay here. Maybe they can report to a facility who can help get them home once their opportunities in America dry up after being here illegally.

I never believed there would be a deportation force where people would be hunted down and dragged out of their homes. I believed it was a negotiating point of reference.

If he grants amnesty, that would be the flip flop that would make me no longer care about this election.
Kelly Anne Conway has argued for Amnesty in the past. She has a polling company and doesn't find that deportation has a large amount of support. It also is a needless distraction for the GOP to work themselves up about this issue election after election. Offering amnesty would get a lot of the middle of the road voters back into his camp. Now I'm not sure he is actually planning on announcing them. Seems like he might of made a Trumpian promise to these Hispanic leaders in the meeting and didn't realize it would leak.

Old 08-21-2016, 02:41 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,271,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post

Self-deportation has always made sense to me. If job priority goes to legal citizens and there are penalties imposed on businesses who employ illegals, there would be no reason for the illegal aliens to stay here. Maybe they can report to a facility who can help get them home once their opportunities in America dry up after being here illegally.

He has already stated that he supports amnesty.

On Bill O'Reilly's show he said that we needed to look at each individual on a case by case basis. (2011)

In a tweet he said amnesty should be granted only after the immigration problem is addressed. Twitter only allows 140 characters, so he may not have been saying that he was in favor of amnesty so much as if we are going ahead with amnesty then the politicians should address the border first. He was definitely not anti amnesty at all costs. (2011-2012)

On CNN he said the following "I would get people out and then have an expedited way of getting them back into the country so they can be legal…. A lot of these people are helping us … and sometimes it’s jobs a citizen of the United States doesn’t want to do. I want to move ’em out, and we’re going to move ’em back in and let them be legal." (2015)

In Chicago (2015) he said you had to give people, the illegal aliens, a path.

https://youtu.be/YxZkg0rOWI4

Old 08-21-2016, 03:05 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,480,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...flip-flop-yet/

according to reports and the suggestions of his top advisers on Sunday, it sounds as if he's considering seriously changing his tune — in what would amount to a stunning flip-flop.

Late Saturday, BuzzFeed and Univision reported that Trump backed away from that rhetoric at a meeting with a group of newly announced Hispanic advisers, appearing open to a plan to deal with the estimated 11 million illegal immigrants that is not deportation.
Bait and Switch as taught at now defunct Trump U.

Old 08-21-2016, 03:09 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,206,891 times
If Trump does one of the greatest flip-flops in the history of presidential politics......who are the white supremacists going to vote for?

Old 08-21-2016, 03:10 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,423,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Romney did that too and that is what lost him the election. There is a whole bunch of people out here ready to silently support someone who is for law and order and getting rid of the criminal element. We don't answer polls but show up on election day unless there is no one to show up for. I am disgusted with the government and corruption. We need a cleansing of "criminal do what you please" types if we are going to be an acceptable place to live. I have about given up on ever having that in America again.

Put up my fence, get my dogs and only go out for groceries every six months and let this country go to pot. That is where it is headed.
If this has made you reconsider your support for Trump, then that is a great thing imo.

Old 08-21-2016, 03:14 PM

39,088 posts, read 51,273,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
If Trump does one of the greatest flip-flops in the history of presidential politics......who are the white supremacists going to vote for?
David Duke already said that they understood Trump would have to take some phony positions to fool the voters but they knew where he really stood and it was with them.

Old 08-21-2016, 04:00 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,234,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
He has already stated that he supports amnesty.

On Bill O'Reilly's show he said that we needed to look at each individual on a case by case basis. (2011)

In a tweet he said amnesty should be granted only after the immigration problem is addressed. Twitter only allows 140 characters, so he may not have been saying that he was in favor of amnesty so much as if we are going ahead with amnesty then the politicians should address the border first. He was definitely not anti amnesty at all costs. (2011-2012)

On CNN he said the following "I would get people out and then have an expedited way of getting them back into the country so they can be legal…. A lot of these people are helping us … and sometimes it’s jobs a citizen of the United States doesn’t want to do. I want to move ’em out, and we’re going to move ’em back in and let them be legal." (2015)

In Chicago (2015) he said you had to give people, the illegal aliens, a path.

https://youtu.be/YxZkg0rOWI4
I don't care what he said as a private citizen. If he has been lying this entire year then he's no better than Hillary. If I support him knowing he lied, then I have about as much integrity as a Hillary supporter and I find them to be the lowest of the low.

I will wait to see his policy and for the words amnesty to come out of his mouth before I believe Univision or three unnamed sources who were in the room.

Old 08-21-2016, 04:07 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,480,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Put up my fence, get my dogs and only go out for groceries every six months and let this country go to pot. That is where it is headed.
Or just stop watching Faux Newz or reading Drudge/Breitbart - all report daily that the world is coming to an end since day one Obama Presidency.

It's not quite as bad as doomsayers keep saying it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections