Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2016, 01:32 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,712,053 times

Advertisements

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...flip-flop-yet/

according to reports and the suggestions of his top advisers on Sunday, it sounds as if he's considering seriously changing his tune — in what would amount to a stunning flip-flop.

Late Saturday, BuzzFeed and Univision reported that Trump backed away from that rhetoric at a meeting with a group of newly announced Hispanic advisers, appearing open to a plan to deal with the estimated 11 million illegal immigrants that is not deportation.

Old 08-21-2016, 01:41 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,658,782 times
Romney did that too and that is what lost him the election. There is a whole bunch of people out here ready to silently support someone who is for law and order and getting rid of the criminal element. We don't answer polls but show up on election day unless there is no one to show up for. I am disgusted with the government and corruption. We need a cleansing of "criminal do what you please" types if we are going to be an acceptable place to live. I have about given up on ever having that in America again.

Put up my fence, get my dogs and only go out for groceries every six months and let this country go to pot. That is where it is headed.

Old 08-21-2016, 01:43 PM

25,612 posts, read 17,351,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Romney did that too and that is what lost him the election..........
Romney lost, but that's not why.

Old 08-21-2016, 01:47 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,277,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

according to reports and the suggestions of his top advisers on Sunday, it sounds as if he's considering seriously changing his tune — in what would amount to a stunning flip-flop.

Late Saturday, BuzzFeed and Univision reported that Trump backed away from that rhetoric at a meeting with a group of newly announced Hispanic advisers, appearing open to a plan to deal with the estimated 11 million illegal immigrants that is not deportation.
Hasn't he been saying this since 2011? I thought I read an article from 2011 where he is quoted as saying something along those lines anyway.

Old 08-21-2016, 01:48 PM

25,612 posts, read 17,351,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

Ol' Don might be a little more astute than we figured.
He got the nomination. And if he flip-flops whose gonna call him on it? Not the Clinton folks; they can't. Not the Johnson folks, cause that's been the Johnson position all along.

So it seems to me there is no penalty for flipping.
We all knew the "throw all 11 million of them out" position was nonsense anyway. Now he can go after REAL voters!

Old 08-21-2016, 01:49 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,658,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Romney lost, but that's not why.
I disagree. He was ahead in the polls until he started courting the Hispanics. Stupid move. I want law and order and America back.

Old 08-21-2016, 01:54 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,302,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I disagree. He was ahead in the polls until he started courting the Hispanics. Stupid move. I want law and order and America back.
No he wasn't and no he didn't. He was doing well with Hispanics until he made his "Self Deportation" comment. After that his numbers with them tanked.

Old 08-21-2016, 01:55 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,712,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Hasn't he been saying this since 2011? I thought I read an article from 2011 where he is quoted as saying something along those lines anyway.
He has been talking about a "deportation force" to return the illegals to where they came from. A lot of his support comes from promises like that.

Old 08-21-2016, 01:58 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,606,264 times
I don't have a problem with some of them having their visas renewed, but many will have
to be deported, humanely.
This is a complex issue. Deportations will be humane.
It is TBD whether a separate "deportation force" is necessary, or current agencies can handle the job.
Bottom line, it will take 2-4 years to get the job done right, and Trump is the ONLY
candidate who has a goal of fixing this problem.
Donald Trump's deportation pledge called into question amid reports

Old 08-21-2016, 02:10 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,302,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
I don't have a problem with some of them having their visas renewed, but many will have
to be deported, humanely.
This is a complex issue. Deportations will be humane.
It is TBD whether a separate "deportation force" is necessary, or current agencies can handle the job.
Bottom line, it will take 2-4 years to get the job done right, and Trump is the ONLY
candidate who has a goal of fixing this problem.
Donald Trump's deportation pledge called into question amid reports
2-4 years for 11 million people? More like 2-4 decades.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.