Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2016, 05:38 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,682,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Once, again---this is what Trump said at the recent meeting.:

Exclusive

He never said "amnesty".
That's what it boils down to.

Lets see how he'll try to explain it away tomorrow.

Old 08-21-2016, 05:42 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,294,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
That makes no sense to me. I could see why ethnocentric Hispanics would be p*ssed when forced mass deportations were mentioned but self-deportations? Why would that be offensive to them?
Because he was viewed as very moderate. He only began shifting right during the election because social conservatives had issues with his moderate positions. Likely they figured he was just an atypical conservative after that.

Old 08-21-2016, 06:57 PM

7,185 posts, read 4,772,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I don't care what he said as a private citizen. If he has been lying this entire year then he's no better than Hillary. If I support him knowing he lied, then I have about as much integrity as a Hillary supporter and I find them to be the lowest of the low.

I will wait to see his policy and for the words amnesty to come out of his mouth before I believe Univision or three unnamed sources who were in the room.
Trump is going to welch on his promises. That is his business model. He makes deals, welches on them and goes into bankruptcy. Wash, rinse, repeat.

We DO NOT need Trump to eliminate illegal immigration. If you want to eliminate illegal immigration then start mopping floors, cleaning toilets, picking fruits/vegetables and cutting grass in 112 degree weather for the same amount of money they get. Be advised you'll also have to do the work of two "Americans" for the money one Mexican gets.

Good luck with that.

Old 08-21-2016, 07:03 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,955,756 times
I don't think Donald Trump actually hates immigrants ...

After all, all three of his wives were immigrants.

Old 08-21-2016, 07:09 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,505,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I don't think Donald Trump actually hates immigrants ...

After all, all three of his wives were immigrants.
Only 2. Marla Maples is from Dalton, Georgia. Maybe when they first met he thought she was from the Georgia in Europe instead of the state of Georgia.

Old 08-21-2016, 07:19 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,271,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I don't care what he said as a private citizen. If he has been lying this entire year then he's no better than Hillary. If I support him knowing he lied, then I have about as much integrity as a Hillary supporter and I find them to be the lowest of the low.

I will wait to see his policy and for the words amnesty to come out of his mouth before I believe Univision or three unnamed sources who were in the room.
He's actually worse. 70% of his statements (analyzed by politifact) were mostly false or worse vs Cinton's 72% half true or better statements.

PolitiFact | Comparing Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump on the Truth-O-Meter

Old 08-21-2016, 07:24 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,271,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Trump is going to welch on his promises. That is his business model. He makes deals, welches on them and goes into bankruptcy. Wash, rinse, repeat.

We DO NOT need Trump to eliminate illegal immigration. If you want to eliminate illegal immigration then start mopping floors, cleaning toilets, picking fruits/vegetables and cutting grass in 112 degree weather for the same amount of money they get. Be advised you'll also have to do the work of two "Americans" for the money one Mexican gets.

Good luck with that.
Actually, all you would need to do is pass a stiff penalty for hiring illegal immigrants. If the penalty is stiff enough then companies won't knowingly hire illegals. The labor market, like everything else in economics, will sort itself out and reach a natural equilibrium.

Old 08-21-2016, 07:27 PM

63,005 posts, read 29,194,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Because he was viewed as very moderate. He only began shifting right during the election because social conservatives had issues with his moderate positions. Likely they figured he was just an atypical conservative after that.

That didn't answer my question at all. I asked why would Hispanics be offended over a self-deportation plan? Wouldn't that be better than mass deportations?

Old 08-21-2016, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post

Good luck with that.

Sans crop picking which is not a career job and only seasonal work that the body can only do for a short period time and for which there are unlimited visas for anyway, all the other jobs you mentioned were already being done by Americans for a "fair" wage until millions of cheap illegals flooded our border. Why should Americans have to do those jobs at slave labor wages to compete with illegal aliens?

Old 08-21-2016, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Once, again---this is what Trump said at the recent meeting.:

Exclusive

He never said "amnesty".

Thanks, BOS2IAD. I couldn't download the link. Could you give us a brief idea what Trump did say?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections