Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2016, 04:48 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,714,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle86 View Post
Isn't it already illegal for criminals to have guns? How about going to the source of the problem and take the gangs off the streets for good. Or is that being racist?
The bulk of criminals are not "the gangs off the streets". Which, actually, harkens back to legislation during the oringal clinton years, in which y'all are calling clinton a bad person for trying to solve the gang problem. Remember that 'super predator' thing? It was about gangs and gang recruiting. Or did you conveniently forget that in the rush to find something horrible that clinton said?

And, again, what are the details on how trump would keep guns out of the hands of criminals and the mentally ill?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2016, 06:55 AM

46,374 posts, read 27,223,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
The bulk of criminals are not "the gangs off the streets". Which, actually, harkens back to legislation during the oringal clinton years, in which y'all are calling clinton a bad person for trying to solve the gang problem. Remember that 'super predator' thing? It was about gangs and gang recruiting. Or did you conveniently forget that in the rush to find something horrible that clinton said?

And, again, what are the details on how trump would keep guns out of the hands of criminals and the mentally ill?
Quote:
Unwavering support of the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms. Get serious about prosecuting violent criminals. Get gang members and drug dealers off the street to make our cities and communities safer. Empower law-abiding gun owners to defend themselves. Expand mental health programs keep the violent mentally ill off of our streets.
Seems a lot better than adding more laws against people such as me...

And maybe you missed that chicago recently surpassed last years death toll:

Quote:
Homicides in 2016 have already climbed to 522, according to data analyzed by the Chicago Tribune – surpassing the total for all of last year, 491, with nearly four months until the end the year. More than 3,000 have been shot in all. And August was the city’s deadliest month in nearly two decades, with 93 reportedly killed, according to the Tribune.
Of course these were not gang related, right?

What about the gang member who killed the child (11 years old I think) of the other gangs leader....

Old 09-17-2016, 07:15 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,304,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
so, why is this needing its own thread?

Well, it's pretty simple. This is a discussion forum. Generally, people post threads for various topics that are up for discussion. This particular topic didn't have its own thread; for this reason, I started my own.

Fret not, you too are able to start your own thread.

Old 09-17-2016, 07:31 AM

26,051 posts, read 22,245,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
"Let's see what happens to her," he says. This was just on CNN, a clip from his latest rally.

Well, it's certainly good to have Mr. Foot-In-Mouth back.

Also, HRC does not want to get rid of guns. I wish he could keep that in his skull.
As we know part of the globalist movement is to disarm the citizens. For those of us with at least a high school education, we learned that in history class. For others, they'll simply have to catch up and keep up.

The plan is to slowly disarm or disallow permits to people that have mental health issues, that would include anyone on a psychiatric medication, that would 49 million Americans (I will not be one of them), even if the drug was used short term, like an episode of depression, anxiety, etc.https://www.cchrint.org/2012/07/18/w...ug-withdrawal/ And then, it would move on. With registration, they know who has the guns and where they are located.

Ten Myths About Gun Control: TEN MYTHS ABOUT GUN CONTROL

This is a very interesting article: Globalist Plan to Disarm America - PL87-297 Arms Control and Disarmament Act / State Department Publication No. 7277

Moving on to Gun Confiscation: Back to the Future: What History Teaches About Gun Confiscations - Dave Hodges - The Common Sense Show

What concerns me is that she wants to hold gun manufacturers liable for what the actions of people who buy those guns. That appears to be a way to shut down the manufacturers thus the ability for the citizens to arm themselves. We do not hold car manufacturers liable for auto accidents, alcoholic beverage manufacturers liable for the behavior of those that have consumed their products, etc.

Hillary is just dumb.

Old 09-17-2016, 07:34 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,043,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iqgalbb View Post
Reading the comments from some DJT fans here solidifies my opinion about their intelligence quotient. Almost every post I read, by their ilk, on FB or sites like this, supports by belief they were likely not in the top10% of their class in any school they attended, presuming they did, indeed, attend formal schooling. I refer to only those supporters whose writings might make multiple English teachers and Professors spin in their graves! LOL��. I swear I can sometimes hear them whirring away from all this atrocious TOOKIE TALK! Go ahead dear ones, lash away with a plethora of deleterious monikers to make your lovely maned MASTER proud! I will check for replies far enough in the future to give you time to look up any words that cause you to exclaim-"Whaaat??" I take a page from DJT. I TELL IT LIKE IT IS!
Well, little miss IQ Gal, my IQ is 138 and I'm a Trump voter.

Now whatcha got?

Old 09-17-2016, 07:37 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,904,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Disarm her Secret Security staff and, "Let's see what happens to her."

What the hell?

Sounds like he's calling out for the 2nd Amendment folks to assassinate Clinton.

Talk about deplorable.

How can people support this man?
Actually it sounds like he is saying "what's good for the goose is good for the gander." Hillary seems to feel that the average American isn't responsible enough to own guns and that we really don't need them anyway. Like many libs in office she enjoys tax payer provided security. Tax payer being the people she feels don't need guns and who she seeks to restrict. If that is the case then why does she require body guards who are armed? Let her lead by example. I mean she has enjoyed tax payer funded body guards since Bill was Gov of Ark.

Old 09-17-2016, 07:39 AM

46,374 posts, read 27,223,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post

Now whatcha got?
No need to feed the trolls....

Look at the post count, he/she is just a hillary supporter how once again got booted and now back in the ring....MODs should do an IP check....and boot'em again....

Old 09-17-2016, 07:52 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,904,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post

Now whatcha got?
Well High IQ isn't a qualifier for common sense. A lot of high IQ types seem to feel that they need the Fed Gov to make all their life decisions for them and to make sure they are happy. Many of those high IQ types hate the police, but when confronted by someone have no problem threatening to call the police or demand that the police protect them. Many of those high IQ types have never owned a business, but think they know or understand how business works. Many of those high IQ types say that trade agreements that caused jobs to be sent over seas are really good for Americans. Yes many lost their jobs, but now the price is lower for the rest of us. Now that is a head smacker. Those same high IQ types also feel that illegal immigrants are good for our nation. That bringing in tens of thousands of refugees is more important than helping tens of thousands of our own citizens that need help.
Tell me high IQ types, wear is Obama's executive order for helping homeless vets or homeless Americans? Where is Hillary's pledge to help those Americans who are the very most in need? I haven't heard one. I have seen where she feels we need to bring in 65,000 more Syrian refugees.

Old 09-17-2016, 07:55 AM

23,634 posts, read 17,312,299 times
Seeing the dem reaction to trump's speech, especially the legislaors from NY, Kaine and Hillary, the CBC, I am soooooo motivated to see that Trump is elected. The dem hate moners and perpetrators of false rumors and lies need to be shown for who they are. Destructive to society creating foundations based on lies built in the mud.

disgust is the only word I can think of when these false prophets open their mouths.

Soooo motivaed to see trump gets elected, thank you dems for your hateful responses that recall the prosecutors in the Euro and Salem with trials. "My crops failed because Trump cas a spell on me" hang him!

Old 09-17-2016, 07:56 AM

1,427 posts, read 1,189,557 times
Default Time to get out and about a little more

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
...Hell, by now, everyone should be living high on the hog....
And, newsflash, many are!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections