Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 11:21 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,572,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylenwoof View Post
The article seems generally on-target to me, except that the author has bought into the amorphous "Hillary lies" chant without offering any testable specifics to back up this claim. In other threads in this forum I've tried to nail down the specific lies that she is believed to have told - exact quotes that can be analyzed - but in the end the supposed facts turn out to be mostly just vague feelings based on some general feeling that "everybody knows." In other words, "it must be true because so many people say it" so we need not bother digging into specific details.

I'm not claiming that she has never told a lie. I'm only saying that, by virtually any objective measure, the widespread accusations against her are not actually fair or reasonable. Most politicians have far worse skeletons in their closets, but in this age of the internet every flaw or possible flaw is magnified and instantly solidified into something believed to be "obvious truth" by millions of people who were already seeking any rationalization they could find for hating any established politician who holds view contrary to their own. Hillary has been a primary target of this vilification for years because for years it has been obvious that she we setting herself up to run for president.
Sorry I have missed your repeated pleas.

I would have gladly obliged

Maybe you could skip ahead to the 10:00 mark where she repeatedly doubles down on her lies about her arrival "under sniper fire"...

Old 11-04-2016, 11:22 AM

14,488 posts, read 6,135,897 times
lol the sexism card. Is this going to be used to defend anything Hillary does while in office?

Old 11-04-2016, 11:24 AM

1,640 posts, read 800,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Wow, you've been thoroughly drowned in the Kool-Aid at this point. Even willing to weaponize claims of sexism and aim them at Sanders supporters.

My niece was a major Obama grassroots worker and despises Hillary as a corporatist...I guess she's sexist too. You've really gone over the edge. Good day.
That's how I saw it when it happened. That's what happened and that's what men do. Your niece can hate her all day, but her hatred was fed to her for reasons I've noted 5 times now.

Why men are prone to interrupting women – Women in the World in Association with The New York Times – WITW

Old 11-04-2016, 11:24 AM

1,682 posts, read 3,314,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
And it's not just the "right wing" who doesnt like Clinton. But plenty of liberals who dislike her pro corporation, war hawking, and overall corruption of American politics.

Most people I know in California who identify as liberal can't stand her, and are holding their nose because they see Trump as a worse option. Outside of the pro Hillary media, there's really a lot of hatred of Hillary that not only comes from the right.

Old 11-04-2016, 11:25 AM

79,104 posts, read 61,238,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
I think they are now the #1 cable news channel, supplanting FNC.

I guess they hate other news channel more then.

Mick
I won't watch FOX or MSNBC and historically I have been a CNN supporter.

Sadly however, the batpoop nutty rightwing whiners about "big media" I generally tune out but there have been some stunning articles and errors put up about Trump on CNN and more importantly the leaking of the debate questions to Hillary that are proven.

Now sure, they're still better than Fox or MSNBC but when you run articles titled "What does Trump, Stalin and Pol Pot have in common?" you're really starting to roll in the pigpen.

Old 11-04-2016, 11:25 AM

29,882 posts, read 14,917,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy Fae View Post
Her ideas vs his no ideas? The republicans could have chosen Kasich, a good man, but they didn't. Instead they chose the least qualified buffoon on the ticket. Why is that? He has no policy to speak of. His ideas are out of touch and dated. All he has is sexism and racism. That is what he's tapping into. Sorry if you guys don't like hearing that truth, but it is the truth.

And for Hillary- from the begging with that moron reported who never offered the apology he promised during whitewater it has been about her moving out of the traditional gender role and taking the lead. Her body of work is unmatched and all of these stupid accusation amount to nothing. Of course, nobody in this thread will know any differently because being informed takes effort and do people really want to be informed? Probably not. it's not necessary for this election cycle.
Immigration:
Restore integrity to our immigration system by prioritizing the interests of Americans first. Enforce our immigration laws – at the border and at the workplace. Build a border wall and end sanctuary cities. Send criminal aliens home. Welcome those who embrace our way of life, but keep out immigrants and refugees who don’t go through a rigorous vetting.

I'm all for this.

Abortion:
The primary responsibility of the federal government is to protect the rights of its citizens. Life is the most fundamental right. The federal government should not diminish this right by denying its’ protection. I am opposed to abortion except for rape, incest and life of the mother. I oppose the use of government funds to pay for abortions.

I'm pro-choice and feel the government should stay out of it.

Firearms:
Unwavering support of the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms. Get serious about prosecuting violent criminals. Get gang members and drug dealers off the street to make our cities and communities safer. Empower law-abiding gun owners to defend themselves. Expand mental health programs keep the violent mentally ill off of our streets.

On board with this 100%

Foreign policy:
Foreign policy will be singularly focused on Making America Safe Again by destroying radical Islamic terrorist groups. End the nuclear deal with Iran and the ransom payments to the world’s number one state sponsor of terrorism. America will stand with its allies and end the Obama-Clinton practice of apologizing to our enemies.

I see no issues here.

Taxes:
Cut business rate to 15 percent. Reduce individual rates to three brackets of 12, 25, and 33 percent, with a 0 percent rate for many. Add above-the-line deduction for childcare costs, including for stay-at-home parents.

I'm good with this, although I think that tax reduction for businesses should only be allowed if they do not offshore any work or send jobs overseas.

Economy:
Reform the tax code and trade policies to make it easier to hire, invest, build, grow, produce, and manufacture in America. Stop China from stealing our jobs, renegotiate NAFTA, cut unneeded regulations and make America the best place in the world to do business. Putting America First—and not globalism—will keep jobs and wealth in America.

On board 100% , I've been against globalism since day one.

Education:
Every child in America deserves a great education and an opportunity to achieve their dreams. We will enhance education options for students through school choice and charters, and respect homeschoolers in their quest for educational alternatives. We will also make it easier for families to afford college so students aren’t buried in debt.

Sounds good to me, would like to see how college will be made more affordable though.

I guess I don't see anything wrong here...oh wait, he said mean things. Please...
I haven't been all that happy with our current administration, and the direction it has taken our country and HRC will be more of the same. I really am tired of the same old career politicians and just want some real change. I'm willing to bank on the unknown vs the status quo

Old 11-04-2016, 11:26 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,581,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipcat View Post
And it's not just the "right wing" who doesnt like Clinton. But plenty of liberals who dislike her pro corporation, war hawking, and overall corruption of American politics.

Most people I know in California who identify as liberal can't stand her, and are holding their nose because they see Trump as a worse option. Outside of the pro Hillary media, there's really a lot of hatred of Hillary that not only comes from the right.
Yes I agree. I know people on facebook that were big Bernie supporters when he was still in the race, and they were calling Hillary the C word.. Females saying this too..

Old 11-04-2016, 11:27 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,581,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I won't watch FOX or MSNBC and historically I have been a CNN supporter.

Sadly however, the batpoop nutty rightwing whiners about "big media" I generally tune out but there have been some stunning articles and errors put up about Trump on CNN and more importantly the leaking of the debate questions to Hillary that are proven.

Now sure, they're still better than Fox or MSNBC but when you run articles titled "What does Trump, Stalin and Pol Pot have in common?" you're really starting to roll in the pigpen.
It's hard to argue that CNN hasn't become Clinton News Network

Old 11-04-2016, 11:28 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,572,900 times
Quote:
That's how I saw it when it happened. That's what happened and that's what men do. Your niece can hate her all day, but her hatred was fed to her for reasons I've noted 5 times now.

Why men are prone to interrupting women – Women in the World in Association with The New York Times – WITW

What about when Trump interrupts Cruz?

or when Cruz interrupts Bush??

or when Obama interrupts Romney?

Politicians are constantly interrupting each other during debates. To claim that somehow anytime someone interrupted Hillary was "because sexism" only further illustrates that YOU have been spoon fed the narrative and can't think straight.

Old 11-04-2016, 11:30 AM

79,104 posts, read 61,238,971 times
Quote:

We've given you concrete examples of Clinton policy that we object to and your sole rebuttal is "sexism".

Do you know how to have a reasonable discussion?

From now on, I'm just going to yell "pizza" back at you as it's all the energy you deserve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections