Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 08:53 PM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,673,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty Pendergrass View Post
They'll do another "autopsy" and determine they need to be more inclusive, but they won't.

They'll obstruct Hillary at every turn.

They'll lose again in 2020.
I'm not so sure about 2020. If Trump loses, maybe this will be the "OK, we gave this a shot and it didn't work" election and the GOP will do a better job of fielding candidates in four years that do appeal to a broader electorate with a more positive message. And I wonder how many of the angry people will even to bother to get involved again or if they will just walk away and sulk.

But for now, I guess we just need to get through the next 24/36 hours and see how it plays out.

Old 11-07-2016, 09:00 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,156,622 times
Hillary winning, might be the best thing to ever happen to the GOP, just like her husband was.. you guys are ignorant of history..

Old 11-07-2016, 09:05 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,635,445 times
Yes, Republicans, you are in trouble if Hillary wins. America has had enough of your obstructionist policies. Trump just wants to be your dictator.

Old 11-07-2016, 09:06 PM

549 posts, read 292,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Dont bet on it. Trump has given voice and unleashed the nutjob section of the GOP, and shown that batcrap crazy can win. If he wasnt such a moron he could have won this election.

Look for Ted Cruz to run in 2020 and become the heir to the Trump Nation. He would have won this year.
Yep -- they smell blood. And btw, a lot of the "moderate" gop were only moderate because they were constrained by what they think would fly...

Now that they see what really appeals to their 45% of the electorate, you can bet they're going to add it to their repertoire...

All the more reason to vote against the gop in whatever race you can, now and in 2018.

Old 11-07-2016, 09:07 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,114,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
I'm not so sure about 2020. If Trump loses, maybe this will be the "OK, we gave this a shot and it didn't work" election and the GOP will do a better job of fielding candidates in four years that do appeal to a broader electorate with a more positive message. And I wonder how many of the angry people will even to bother to get involved again or if they will just walk away and sulk.

But for now, I guess we just need to get through the next 24/36 hours and see how it plays out.
Not to be morbid but the reality is that a noticeable portion of Trump voters will likely be dead in 4 years time. I saw a study some months back that determined that somewhere in the neighborhood of half of his supporters are over the age of 65.

Old 11-07-2016, 09:10 PM

2,232 posts, read 2,122,281 times
The GOP that will emerge out of Trumps ashes will be much different than what it was even just two years ago.

Old 11-07-2016, 09:12 PM

13,300 posts, read 7,339,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Not to be morbid but the reality is that a noticeable portion of Trump voters will likely be dead in 4 years time. I saw a study some months back that determined that somewhere in the neighborhood of half of his supporters are over the age of 65.
How would a study know how old his supporters are? These studies are such rubbish. I know a lot of younger voters even Hispanics who are voting for Trump and think we need a wall built in Arizona where I'm from. This idea that only white old men vote GOP is a farce because the GOP has been around since 1776 every year they get new supporters when are the GOP supporters going to die it's a fantasy from the left which will never happen. This election shows how strong the GOP still is with Poll numbers only 3.5 points apart. According to the left Hillary should have a 20 point lead by now with all the Studies, and assumptions made.

Old 11-07-2016, 09:20 PM

1,087 posts, read 783,478 times
GOP republican is becoming a piece of sht of history. Trump = GOP, right? I mean the republican party put out this candidate named Trump, who represents everything republican.

Old 11-07-2016, 09:25 PM

2,096 posts, read 3,812,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
and they will never win again, America is turning away from racist, homophobic, misogynistic, Islamophobic haters. We are sick of the rich getting richer while we pay all our wages to keep the economy going. Republicans are a dying breed, thank God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
America is broke because we are giving handouts to the rich by giving them a free ride with a lower tax rate than they deserve.

My God do you actually believe this load of #@!% your saying??

You liberals have been on here the past few months bragging on how many big CEO's and wall street big wigs are all for Hillary. Now you want to complain about the rich getting richer and companies paying their fair share yet these are the same companies supporting her. Do you really think she's going to do anything about the tax system especially since these same companies shoveled mega dollars into her campaign? Obama spewed the same crap about holding wall street accountable and yet they've turned record profits and Goldman Sachs has made Billions more since he's been in office! O had full control his first 2 years so please stop using republican obstruction as your excuse! The only thing he did was shove Obamacare down our throats which is now costing 2-3x's more for useless premiums. Mine just went from $293/month with a $6,500 deductible to now $680/month with a $7,100 deductible. So much for lowering cost and keeping your plan if you're happy with it! Romney was dead on when he said 47% are not paying their share and that's you liberal mooches!

Old 11-07-2016, 09:36 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,340,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post
Republicans as in conservatives are not bad, not by a long shot. It is that extreme "Alt-right" movement that is the issue.
There hasn't been an actual conservative in the GOP for 40 years. The Republican party abandoned all truly conservative principles sometime between the fall of Saigon and the birth of disco.

The Dems aren't what they used to be either.

Anyone voting for any D or R for any national office is part of the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections