Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2016, 10:56 AM

30,434 posts, read 19,211,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
No we're not. Stop being melodramatic
Third world countries have fools that vote for crooks that put themselves above the law and sell everyone out for themselves and their accomplices...we are now in the same boat with Crooked Hillary....we are on the Venezuelan trajectory, just a bit behind them.

Stop being ignorant.

8,275 posts, read 7,955,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
We are sick of the rich getting richer while we pay all our wages to keep the economy going. Republicans are a dying breed, thank God.
People type LOL casually but you literally made me laugh out loud. Hillary is the rich get richer candidate. The financiers, bankers, tech mogul and other big business moguls are supporting her.

Please don't tell me you fell for the "Im going to help the middle class" Sith mind trick.

31,083 posts, read 22,117,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Hello Venezuela....we are on your path....see you soon.
That would probably have been Bernie's goal, Hillary owes to much to the the big corporations to do that. She's more like pre Hugo Venezuela where the companies controlled everything

Old 11-08-2016, 11:02 AM

30,434 posts, read 19,211,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
That would probably have been Bernie's goal, Hillary owes to much to the the big corporations to do that. She's more like pre Hugo Venezuela where the companies controlled everything
Right, I never said Chavez, I said Venezuela. If we're lucky, we might be like Brazil.

Old 11-08-2016, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
^^^This. They bought a big crap load of sexist\mysoginist\racist etc. (heck we had people throwing those claims at Sanders too in the primaries) and are ignoring a long deep history of corporate ties and are utterly clueless.

Not saying they should vote for Trump, just pointing out the delusion people have about what candidates are REALLY going to do and not do. (Same goes for Trump supporters that think Hillary is really going to ban guns and Trump is really going to stop illegal immigration etc.)

Hillary is 4-8 more years of continuation of the same general policies Bush and Obama had. Off-shoring, foreign entanglements, corporate perks, illegal workers and working class wage stagnation.

Ironically, it's going to be easier for HIillary to get a lot of stuff passed than Trump because when some big corporate benefiting bill comes out the Repubs will support it and Hillary will support it and half the dems can't break ranks with her and have any hope of staying in office.

That's how NAFTA got passed and a bunch of the banking deregulation in the late 90's.
Absolutely, I can see why someone would vote for Hillary as a less crazy candidate then Trump, but people are in complete denial if you think she is even close to being a clean candidate. Nixon looks great by comparison. We have a Crazy vs. Corrupt situation.

Old 11-08-2016, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Right, I never said Chavez, I said Venezuela. If we're lucky, we might be like Brazil.
Gotcha

Old 11-08-2016, 11:05 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,955,728 times
Quote:
Third world countries have fools that vote for crooks that put themselves above the law and sell everyone out for themselves and their accomplices...we are now in the same boat with Crooked Hillary....we are on the Venezuelan trajectory, just a bit behind them.

Stop being ignorant.
Not ignorant. Just being realistic. Explain to me how Arabia going to be another Hugo Chavez when every single aspect of our government is controlled by private company interests? Please explain to me, cause I'm ignorant and all

Old 11-08-2016, 11:08 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,070,744 times
Civics 101. The U.S. Federal Government is comprised of the Executive, Legislative (House & Senate), and Judicial (culminating in the U.S. Supreme Court.

Then there is the State Legislators and Governors, who can redivide Congressional District lines with Court oversight.

Local governments also have some say in this; witness sanctuary cities, which are numerous. - where with the non-enforcement of laws by the federal government are allowed to legislate for illegal immigration. Another example is the growing number of local governments who are turning down certain HUD grants that mandate certain types if housing in order to receive the grant.

Why liberals focus on only on Potus is a puzzle. The glamour job I guess.

Though, I get the increasing use of executive actions by Poti has transformed the administrative position envisioned by the founders, into to more of a force. A rule by fiat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty Pendergrass View Post
They'll do another "autopsy" and determine they need to be more inclusive, but they won't.

They'll obstruct Hillary at every turn.

They'll lose again in 2020.

Old 11-08-2016, 11:10 AM

27,163 posts, read 15,341,945 times
Voting Democrat is saying goodbye to the USA.

Old 11-08-2016, 11:13 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,955,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Voting Democrat is saying goodbye to the USA.
People said the same thing too when Lincoln abolished slavery. For guys who like to make fun of liberal guys for their supposed lack of masculinity, Trumpies sure so whine a lot
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections