Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 08:42 AM

25,850 posts, read 16,549,505 times

Advertisements

I mean really, the Democrats did this to themselves and they deserve it 100%. They could have chosen anyone else to run. If they wanted a woman they could have begged Amy Klobuchar from Minnesota. I would have voted for her without question. They stuck with the crooked Clintons. You reap what you sow.

Now they lost the White House, Congress and the Senate and will watch 3 conservative judges appointed.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:46 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,532,119 times
So the Republicans will soon control the Presidency, the House, the Senate, the Supreme Court, and also a significant majority of governorships and statehouses. For a party that is on its death bed according to some people, that is a pretty astounding accomplishment.

Old 11-09-2016, 10:47 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,002,227 times
Like Lazarus from the grave the GOP has arisen from a premature obituary...LMAO....

Old 11-09-2016, 11:04 AM

24,429 posts, read 23,092,690 times
Death of the neoprogs, apparently. With Bernie now out by his own betrayal of his supporters, who will step up and claim the real liberals? Its got to be somebody much younger and outside the system.

Old 11-09-2016, 11:16 AM

13,663 posts, read 9,733,801 times
And who will represent what's left of the Nelson Rockefeller wing of the Republican Party?

Old 11-09-2016, 11:25 AM

78,477 posts, read 60,679,264 times
So, what did we learn from this?

The Republicans still need to keep moving left on social issues.

But what do the Democrats need to do?

I'd throw out that they need to give up on gun control rhetoric. At a minimum, it's killing them in many Senate races.
They're really not effective on the topic anyway.

Old 11-09-2016, 11:28 AM

78,477 posts, read 60,679,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Death of the neoprogs, apparently. With Bernie now out by his own betrayal of his supporters, who will step up and claim the real liberals? Its got to be somebody much younger and outside the system.
Actually, could be the opposite...we'll know more when the analytics are done but the message from this election for the democrats could be that screwing over the far left candidate and largely taking the black vote for granted can cost you an election.

Could actually translate into MORE political power for some which is a theory I've been pushing for some time. No free milk and you actually get a seat at the table.

Old 11-09-2016, 11:35 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,601,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
If the GOP loses again tomorrow, they have some thinking to do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss1NNMLMnZg
you forgot to address what happens if they win.

Old 11-09-2016, 11:42 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,891,264 times
Conservatives and normal Dem's proved that wrong last night.

Welcome President Trump!

Old 11-09-2016, 12:13 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,458,165 times
People are tired of the BS, tired of the name calling, and being ridiculed. One side was totally dismissed, and support for Donald was not counted by many pundits.

Tired of racist remarks thrown out at every freaken chance it was thrown in our faces. I was willing and able to give Hillary a chance if she had won. I did with Obama, but he let me down, not because of his color, but because of policy, attitude, and a division, like I have never ever seen in my lifetime.

The establishment from both sides, need to take a good long hard look at themselves, because they are what people object too from both sides. The only way we can work as a Nation is together, and sorry but there are many times, when Obama, seem to work for some but not others, and we object to that also. But this should not be a time that we won and you lost, if we can work together, for common cause and good of our Nation, that is better then being divided.

I said on this forum many times, I have good black friends and Hispanic that voted for Trump, maybe some believe me maybe some did not. It appears I am right, because they did. As they told me we are Americans first and foremost, not a color of skin, a people who want a strong vibrant Nation to live in, where we have security for the people, and that we matter.

You see behind close doors, because one side is so damn bigoted, many people kept their decision to vote for Trump to themselves, I was told this many times over, and it is a damn shame, that some people felt, they could not be truthful about their decision, because of being called racist, uncle tom, a bigot and other names I refuse to say.

The people and the people have spoken, enough is enough of the crap, get over being sad, and give this Man a chance as we all gave Obama. He brought a division like no other President ever, and if you disagree, that is fine, but the people who have voted, saw this, and were tired of it. Had a good dear black friend that is over joy this morning, he said to me, hours ago, maybe I can be honest now, without being ridicule, or cussed at, or being called a racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections