Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2016, 04:40 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,813,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
So does that mean you were not able to get one under Obama?
I wasn't but as I say I don't see how that's entirely Obama's fault. It was just ignorant employers and possibly the Congress under him. I mean he wasn't perfect. He did have his disappointments too so if I had to do it over I might not have voted for him but he really wasn't THAT bad especially compared to Trump.

Last edited by Nickchick; 11-09-2016 at 04:50 PM..

Old 11-09-2016, 05:48 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,547,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Even David Duke admitted his people had a hand in getting Trump elected.

So what do the Trumpettes say to THAT?

You have a racist ADMITTING to this,yet minorities are paranoid!

COME AGAIN!
One of my young Latina co-workers was verbally, racially assaulted this morning by two young white guys who threw around a few comments that referenced the well known rhetoric of the Trump campaign and then ended with stating a well known racist phrase. She came into work crying and left early because the incident was so jarring.

We really are not paranoid.

Last edited by calipoppy; 11-09-2016 at 05:57 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 11-09-2016, 05:49 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,167,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
That is a LIE; he never, ever said that. The reich wing no longer can tell between the truth and a lie. Fool
It isn't actually a lie: About that video of Obama encouraging illegal immigrants to vote… « Hot Air. As it is pointed out in that link: "He should have said, “First, let me be extremely clear on this point: If you are not a citizen, you can not vote. If you do vote, yes, you will be prosecuted because you are breaking the law.” But he never did and thus some illegals could have taken his remarks to mean go ahead and vote. The POTUS is a lawyer. While the question to him needed clarification; he did not take the time to do so - perhaps he wanted to leave it that way?

Old 11-09-2016, 06:04 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,256,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
I wasn't but as I say I don't see how that's entirely Obama's fault. It was just ignorant employers and possibly the Congress under him. I mean he wasn't perfect. He did have his disappointments too so if I had to do it over I might not have voted for him but he really wasn't THAT bad especially compared to Trump.
To be fair, you have no idea how Trump will be. I didn't vote for him but I hope for the best but I'm not expecting it.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:10 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,890,538 times
Which rights?

Old 11-09-2016, 06:10 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,377,088 times
Quote:
The Latino,AA,Jewish,Muslim,Native American,Asian,even Women community is devastated right now.
Only because of the rabid psycho fantasies people like YOU pound into them. Anyone with half a brain isn't at all devastated.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:12 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,349,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
One of my young Latina co-workers was verbally, racially assaulted this morning by two young white guys who threw around a few comments that referenced the well known rhetoric of the Trump campaign and then ended with stating a well known racist phrase. She came into work crying and left early because the incident was so jarring.

Truly sorry for this, but maybe your co-worker, you yourself, and the OP should all recognize that the street isn't as civil a place as these forums usually are. And people on the other side of the divide have taken plenty of abuse as well.

I expect to post more about this as he next few weeks pass, but for now, let it suffice to say that Trump comes from a very atypical background, is a consummate actor who will no longer have to put on as much of an act. and doesn't have a long history of realpolitik IOU's. Things are about to get very interesting, and it's only the most extreme Leftists who have assigned themselves a back-row seat -- for the present.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:14 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,226,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtoiletsmkgdflrpots View Post
I think you need to dumb that down a bit.
LOL. OK.

"What's mine is mine, what's yours is yours, don't trespass!"
Versus
"What's mine is mine, what's yours is mine, and my 'Big Brother' will beat you up and take it."

Old 11-09-2016, 06:16 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,721,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post

Terrible.

I believe that it's just going to get worse as the cretins have been emboldened.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:18 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,917,999 times
Quote:
The Latino,AA,Jewish,Muslim,Native American,Asian,even Women community is devastated right now.

We are going to see our gains eroded,all because some white voters thought their precious resources were being diverted to minorities.

Hey minorities,you do not deserve to live and be treated like a human,that is only for white American men.
Uh; 1 "Hispanic" in 3 voted FOR Trump. Hillary was no Obama. Sorry. Too; a LOT of women also voted for Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections