Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 06:52 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,547,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Truly sorry for this, but maybe your co-worker, you yourself, and the OP should all recognize that the street isn't as civil a place as these forums usually are. And people on the other side of the divide have taken plenty of abuse as well.

I expect to post more about this as he next few weeks pass, but for now, let it suffice to say that Trump comes from a very atypical background, is a consummate actor who will no longer have to put on as much of an act. and doesn't have a long history of realpolitik IOU's. Things are about to get very interesting, and it's only the most extreme Leftists who have assigned themselves a back-row seat -- for the present.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Terrible.

I believe that it's just going to get worse as the cretins have been emboldened.

My heart just absolutely broke for her. I could visibly see her innocence just shattered into a million pieces as she told us what happened while crying.

It gave me a completely new perspective because in all of my years (30+) I have experienced subtle racism and covert discrimination. But I NEVER been racially attacked verbally and had someone yelling w hite power among other things in my face.

It breaks my heart that this young woman who is a coworker (and whom I mentor) works full time, goes to school part time (which she pays 100% of her tuition), always on time, does great work, has ambition and intelligence, is conservative (she's a Republican....who voted for Hillary)....I could go on....but none of this mattered because all those guys saw was a Mexican girl, an "other".

Old 11-09-2016, 06:53 PM

500 posts, read 841,982 times
Shut up, stupid delusional SJWs, hatred-mongers, fear-mongers, leeches. Bye bye now! It's tea party time!

Old 11-09-2016, 06:54 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,916,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
hate to burst your conception of us racist white people..........but personally I would much prefer a quiet sensible Black for a neighbor than some loud mouth cocky self-entitled redneck.......
Agreed tho "Redneck" pretty much now means plain talking tradesman and can be of any race in 2016; if talking PWT, their kind just need to go away.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I wasn't talking about all White people. I didn't even bring up White people. Notice I talked about racists, not the whole White population. You might prefer a sensible Black person than a redneck. There are those who prefer the redneck over the decent Black person. It is those individuals I'm afraid of.
Agreed.

The "alt right" kind of PWT scare me too and, I'm def "white".

Old 11-09-2016, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Trump should know,he did that in the 70's.

For number 3,see Trayvon.
Uh; IF Jim Crow and sun down laws were still around; George Zimmerman would've had to stay in the "Black" areas since he's part Black. He ain't pure white, sorry.

Old 11-09-2016, 07:09 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,813,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
To be fair, you have no idea how Trump will be. I didn't vote for him but I hope for the best but I'm not expecting it.

I definitely don't know what's going to happen but it's not looking good after what I have heard from him throughout this campaign. I'll try though. I just need a change in my favor for once or at the very least things to not get any worse.
I'm only hopeful that he'll drop out but we'll see I guess.

Old 11-09-2016, 07:10 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,156,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
[b]Even David Duke admitted his people had a hand in getting Trump elected.
So what.. thats like saying blacks had a hand in getting Obama elected..

Old 11-09-2016, 07:13 PM

28,682 posts, read 18,816,352 times
Quote:
I want to know WHY said persons were voting for Trump? Why vote for someone who speaks ill of you?
Ironic thing is, I know a lot of Latinos, none of them voted for Trump...and not even they can figure out why any did.

Old 11-09-2016, 07:22 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,449,700 times
Quote:
I want to know WHY said persons were voting for Trump? Why vote for someone who speaks ill of you?
He didn't speak ill of Latinos, he spoke ill of illegal aliens from Latin countries who beyond breaking immigration law, were also violent criminals like rapist or murderers. How could any right thinking American object with that?

Do you want murderers and rapists from Mexico or other Latin countries illegally crossing our border?

Old 11-09-2016, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
I definitely don't know what's going to happen but it's not looking good after what I have heard from him throughout this campaign. I'll try though. I just need a change in my favor for once or at the very least things to not get any worse.
I'm only hopeful that he'll drop out but we'll see I guess.
I don't talk crap about NON violent people who've got mental or emotional problems cause I've probably got Aspergers. All I can say, nickchick, is hold your head high.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections