Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2016, 12:44 PM

14,955 posts, read 12,162,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
My uncle is a plastic surgeon. I am happy to report that there are still a lot of women today in his officer (trying to make them look better in their own minds.)

Business is like usual for them.

I am not sure why people are so scared.

I like Rachel Maddow, although I've never agreed with her. She is somewhat likeable and she is somewhat real.

But I wonder, what exactly is so bad with trump's presidency?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LabloPDPtLg
IMO it's more what Trump's detractors have been led to believe, or choose to believe, in the lies, half-truths, speculation and insinuations put out there by the Democrats, (and establishment GOP) in their attempts at destruction and character assassination of their political opponent. They would much rather control the message through fear and intimidation and ridicule ( whatever works), than to address the issues with their opponents, in view of the voters, in an open dialogue.

I imagine we will see a quite different Donald Trump than the diabolical monster created by his Democrat detractors.

Old 11-09-2016, 12:59 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgardian View Post
I think Trump will leave the whole LGBT movement to the state to decide like he said he would do.

He is about enforcing laws, the people who should be scared are the Washington elites, the illegal immigrants and companies trying to pull a fast one by going overseas.

He will leave Roe vs wade to the state.

Really? Right now they are constitutional rights. So let me know how he plans to 'turn them over to the states."

Start taking away civil rights and you WILL see an uprising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
If one studies history, one knows last night was most American of things. After racial progress always comes a white backlash.

After Lincoln, Grant, we get Hayes who ends Reconstruction and restores the white South. After LBJ, Nixon & Southern strategy. Obama, Trump.

It is not incidental nor a fluke if one looks through the ever-revealing pattern of history that the first black president was followed by one the KKK endorsed.

A whitelash as Van Jones called it. His conversation with Jeffrey Lord was very moving as he tried to explain how people of color or anyone other than a straight, white male felt last night. I could tell that EVEN Lord was moved by his words. Now that is saying something.

Quote:
Since the republican party now controls both Presidency, House and Senate they also have the legal power to overturn state laws and everything Obama accomplished. You will probably lose gay marriage and abortion rights. (Trump has said Planned Parenthood which has been there for women for exactly 100 years is gone) Climate change will go unchecked (because that doesn't exist in his head) Subsidies for renewables and electric cars will disappear. Lgbt rights as human beings, and voting rights for any non-white will be more constrained (because this time some republican states they tried to push through that you had to have a drivers license to vote - this was shut down by dems).

NATO alliance might be gone, which leads to Russia and China expanding. Public employee unions will shrink, public schooling will be worse, oil drilling everywhere, employee discrimination on sex, race etc not enforced, police brutality and racial discrimination will increase. Many in the republican party says this is the best thing since Andrew Jackson, who Obama removed from the 20$ bill for being racist.

Yes. There is little good to find in all this. Privatizing Medicare, trying again to overturn Obamacare and replace it with (they have NO idea); the climate change agreement overturned, etc.

George Wallace won.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Obamacare is a disaster, even the liberals agree.

I don't know if the country would be better off (although the country is better off without so many refugees), I certainly don't think the country would be worse off.

Economists say - we could very well be worse off as people have no insurance. One thing - the Republicans have NO idea how to repeal it and they have no plan to replace it.

I feel for folks who have pre-existing conditions and those who will lose their healthcare.

No sweat off you back, eh?

Quote:
If people followed the alt-right groups on Reddit, they would know that young white Americans were told to hide their support of Trump. Many young men are told to keep their anti-POC, sexist views from their "lib" family and friends. Hence this surprise from mainstream. Just because folks weren't yelling their support of Trump off the rooftops doesn't mean they didn't have it. They were told to hide it

When we talk about online radicalization we always talk about Muslims. But the radicalization of white men online is at astronomical levels. Many of these radical white men were raised by single feminist mothers. Internet groups radicalized their sexual frustration into bigotry. These online groups found young white men at their most vulnerable & convinced them liberals were colluding to destroy white Western manhood.

I've seen this happen w/ a FB friend who lives in a tiny 100% white town in Finland. He started posting about "flawed multiculturalism". How could a guy who goes months w/o seeing POC be so adamant about failings of "multiculturalism"? Online radicalization.

Young men came to these online groups for tips on picking up girls & came out believing that it was up to them to save Western civilization. I've been following these online alt-right groups for three years and watched them evolve from PUA forums to hate-fueled organizations. And not all these young men are "stupid". Men who boasted STEM degrees from elite institutions were taught how to intellectualise hatred.

By the end, many were using every ounce of college-level "logic" to argue that liberals aimed for the destruction of Western civilization. These college educated young men were then ripe enough to be sold idea that Trump represented a return to Men Being Real Men. That's why I never got one strategy of Clinton's campaign: highlighting Trump's sexism. Trump supporters love him BECAUSE of his sexism

There are even entire posts training young men to parrot "lib" ideology. To say the "right thing" to keep safe in "hostile (PC) spaces". They are told that feminism is why they can't get girlfriends, that "feminization" of schools is why they didn't do well in high school. They truly believe that it is feminists, globalists, anti-racism activists, liberals who are the "true fascists" in the world. Plus those who don't believe he is sexist, think the accusations of assault are proof of how society rewards women for "lying about rape".

1 reason why places like Twitter and FB made us think HRC would win is b/c Trump supporters were told to be quiet lest they be "persecuted"

Sweet Weeping Jesus. Why didn't someone let us in on that secret? We just elected an orange fascist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Geez, where do you live? I haven't heard anyone say the N word in public in probably 30 years.

Then you have not spoken with a trump rally audience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Americans need to fight Trump at every step in his vile plan to turn America into a racist wasteland.

We will. We cannot let the rights of our friends and family be overturned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
No; I think our President put him (Trump) over the top when he told illegal immigrants to vote with no repercussions. At one time I had a great job with good benefits. I have now worked eight years as a 'temporary' worker and I am not alone. I have friends in the same position and I have friends that go to work to be told that the company only has four hours work for them that day. The super-rich in this Country are calling the shots. They are sending the subliminal message that "you're replaceable" - don't ask for more and be very lucky that you still have a job.

People, that are from other countries and have not paid into our system; should not go to the head of the line. Many of our legal immigrants are financially discriminated against by unchecked legal and illegal immigration.

Look around you. Do you like your neighborhood, do you like your job; do you think we can do better?
That is a LIE; he never, ever said that. The reich wing no longer can tell between the truth and a lie. Fools.

And YES. I do like my job and my neighborhood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Huh? You need to brush up on your history a little. And find out who fought freeing the slaves, the civil rights amendment and was the backbone of the KKK. Hint: one of the KKK members was a good friend of Clinton's.

Who? Byrd? He renounced the KKK 50 years ago with tears in his eyes. David Duke just TODAY - congratulated Donald on his win. Donald has emboldened him - and others like him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Nothing screams repressed like a woman that tolerates her husband's sexual predation, over and over again. That is the definition of a woman being a second class citizen.

Tell it to Melania, dear. I hope we put up one of her nude photos in the WH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
This.

People say they believe in equality and in loving their neighbors, but the second they perceive that their neighbor is getting something that they aren't they snatch it right back.

There have been millions of people stewing for the past eight years. They bought the "birther" nonsense. They bought the secret Muslim nonsense. They were ripe for someone to come along and give voice to their discomfort.

Oh, sure, they'll try to claim it's about jobs or the economy or some such other neutral nonsense.
And completely forget the fact that they had their own fortunes in their own hands. It had to be someone else's fault that the Black guy got that job or the woman got promoted or that white boy was accused of a rape that he actually committed.
And the nerve of the "homos" wanting to get married!

The OP is absolutely right to be concerned.

Absolutely. I hate the right wing and the hate they stand for. Today, they elected HATE to office. He will be the most despised President in our history.

Meanwhile the stock markets are tanking.

Enjoy your victory fascists. You will soon be regretting your decision.

Old 11-09-2016, 01:02 PM

1,185 posts, read 804,918 times
Trump won against all odds.

Give the man at least some years and see if his methods do any good, then judge him.

Old 11-09-2016, 01:04 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,952,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Really? Right now they are constitutional rights. So let me know how he plans to 'turn them over to the states."

A whitelash as Van Jones called it. His conversation with Jeffrey Lord was very moving as he tried to explain how people of color or anyone other than a straight, white male felt last night. I could tell that EVEN Lord was moved by his words. Now that is saying something.

Yes. There is little good to find in all this. Privatizing Medicare, trying again to overturn Obamacare and replace it with (they have NO idea); the climate change agreement overturned, etc.

George Wallace won.

Economists say - we could very well be worse off as people have no insurance. One thing - the Republicans have NO idea how to repeal it and they have no plan to replace it.

I feel for folks who have pre-existing conditions and those who will lose their healthcare.

Sweet Weeping Jesus. Why didn't someone let us in on that secret? We just elected an orange fascist.

Then you have not spoken with a trump rally audience.

We will. We cannot let the rights of our friends and family be overturned.

That is a LIE; he never, ever said that. The reich wing no longer can tell between the truth and a lie. Fools.

And YES. I do like my job and my neighborhood.

Who? Byrd? He renounced the KKK 50 years ago with tears in his eyes. David Duke just TODAY - congratulated Donald on his win. Donald has emboldened him - and others like him.

Tell it to Melania, dear. I hope we put up one of her nude photos in the WH.

Absolutely. I hate the right wing and the hate they stand for. Today, they elected HATE to office. He will be the most despised President in our history.

Meanwhile the stock markets are tanking.

And losing sucks and the markets have already rebounded. Any other comments?

Old 11-09-2016, 01:04 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:

George Wallace won.

In my opinion, you are the person who has no right to say the bold

You said once, you would never vote for Bernie Sanders because Sanders would increase your tax and you are quite happy with your stock portfolio.

I believe in universal health care with free market competition. so don't assume so much about me. I don't think obama care is really that affordable to a lot of people. Obamacare is NOT FREE. I believe in Universal health care, just not obama care.

Don't play this Holier–than–thou game, it is getting really old.

Old 11-09-2016, 01:07 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,982,264 times
Quote:

Yes, I was not surprised to see Van Jones be one of the first to jump on playing the race card on this. Statistically speaking I'm sure there will be plenty of evidence that this wasn't some kind of white voter driven victory.

I mean it was those horrible racist white folks who raised Obamacare premiums, made Hillary completely un-trustable, and created the historical fact that no party has a good history of winning a 3rd consecutive term. But definitely call half the country racists if that makes you feel better about all of this.

Old 11-09-2016, 01:07 PM

19,649 posts, read 12,239,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erjunkee View Post
Calipoppy, you get me.

I agree.

It's a white-lash against the browning of America.

No one wants to talk about it, except us people of color. Jerseygal4U was brave enough to do it. And look already at how people are responding to her? She's only said the obvious.

What angers me is that when we do bring it up, many of the majority or other non brown races believe we're pulling the "race card," or are "overreacting."

It's such an insult when people do this because it demonstrates they are willingly ignorant to the fact that racial issues are deeply embedded in, and intertwine with, every facet of the fabric of America. They are in denial that their family members, and even they themselves, have deep racist views that are based on idiocracy and fear.

These silent white men and women, the one's who were ashamed to admit they would vote for and subsequently voted for trump, are the reason this disgraceful being was elected to our nation's highest office.

They'd rather this country go down in flames, over having their way of life and perceived power, given away.

They can ignore it and fight against it all they want. It will continue to brown, no matter who is in office. But they will regret electing him. They truly will.

With all the major issues involved here including Clintons corruption, horrible job situation in many areas, second amendment, supreme court, TPP, etc., etc. at stake I cannot understand why anyone would simply ignore these things and decide it was about them *race*. Just forget everything else, it is all about brown people? You think those voters don't have a life? It sounds somewhat self centered to believe its all about you as well as insulting to the voters who have REAL issues of concern. They believe, right or wrong, Trump could help the economy and keep us safer from terrorism, not that they are taking down the system because oooh, dark skin. Get over yourself.?

Old 11-09-2016, 01:16 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,325,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I agree. If you look at Hilary's tax plan vs. Trump's tax plan.. Hilary's was actually better.

This coming from a Republican.
Hillary wanted to raise taxes and Trump wants to lower them. I would rather pass less in taxes, therefore, I think Trump's tax plan is better.

Old 11-09-2016, 01:17 PM

29,521 posts, read 22,674,035 times
My sister posted Facebook pictures of Jim Crow era segregation as a way of showing anger at Trump.

I rolled my eyes.

I don't see how Trump's going to restrict civil liberties and rights.

He may be many things but not like that.

Old 11-09-2016, 01:23 PM

3,787 posts, read 7,002,897 times
Never fear there is always the "Newt" and don't forget Christie and Rudy. Yah, these guys and Trump are ALL about "rights". *rolls eyes

I'm wondering what place Alex Jones and Rush will have in the new administration? Maybe Rush will be the new Press Secretary.

Oh wait, they DO know about "rights" and you'll probably be hearing a lot of: "you have the right to remain silent".

Last edited by oldtoiletsmkgdflrpots; 11-09-2016 at 01:43 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections