Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2016, 10:24 AM

9,009 posts, read 13,850,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
We grew as a people in the last three centuries. I remember segregated bathrooms on the ferries in the 1950's/60's that would take us from Little Ferry Virginia to Route 13 on the Delmarva Peninsula. Also my grandparents owned a hotel/bar in the 1950's and 60's. Many times married couples would come into the bar and the wife would have a black eye. The patrons would ask the husband: What has she done this time! Today we would lock that husband up; there is no excuse for men to hit women or anybody else. People do change when they either see the error of their ways or laws are enacted to protect the people that where hurt by their actions.

That gets us back to where we are today. No one living committed any crime against anybody three centuries ago. However; many ancestors of White people fought to free the slaves and to give Black and other minorities rights. Many people today fight for human rights - because slavery still exist. Many of us still fight for equal pay for equal work - regardless of sex or race. That is where I felt that BLM goes wrong. Once you place any life above any other life; you are a racist and you loose supporters from the other side. All lives matter is the only position that will move our Country forward - you loose a sympathetic audience with anything less.

The reason Trump won was because so many people feel that we are financial slaves to the system. We work longer and harder for less money - loosing ground to inflation. We also have fewer benefits to care for our families - more money comes out of our pockets to pay for our few benefits.

Perhaps you are too young to remember politicians that praised American workers for their productivity. That changed forty or fifty years ago. Now our politicians complain that American workers are lazy/too stupid and how we need productive foreign workers. These are the same politicians we elected; but we don't have the money to line their pockets. We cannot even talk to them because we cannot pay their going rate. We need our corporations to again compete for American workers and pay 'livable' wages.

I hope and Trump has pledged to put us first; that Trump comes through with his pledge. Only time will tell.
I am not that young,but people voted him in because they thought minorities got special rights.

Old 11-09-2016, 10:24 AM

17,403 posts, read 11,988,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
America has never pandered to anyone but straight white Christian males.

Black,homosexuals,women,hispanics, tell me.......what special privileges do we get?
None. We're all equal. Period. NOBODY gets special privileges. You think you deserve them?

Old 11-09-2016, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkie409 View Post
I'd be interested to see the number of minorities in key spots in his administration.

Bush had Powell and Rice in big time positions. I bet Trump ends up with an all white cabinet.
I bet you're wrong.

Old 11-09-2016, 10:30 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,985,902 times
Quote:
It is..Trump is a pro lifer.

Unless you are a woman,you have no say in what a woman does with her uterus.
This is beyond ignorant and sexist. Great lawmakers, activist, and public servants are both male and female. Would you also have been an advocate that said only black people can talk about civil rights? The way you get a movement to work and advance a society is to get buy-in, feedback, and support from everyone, not just the group being impacted.

Old 11-09-2016, 10:31 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,801,976 times
Quote:
Ok then,but still Trump does not even respect legal citizens like blacks and Muslims,and also gay Americans.
And yet he said that he is here to work for all of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Americans need to fight Trump at every step in his vile plan to turn America into a racist wasteland.
Obama just said on TV that "We have to remember we are all on one team. That this is an intramural scrimmage. We are not Democrats first, we are not Republicans first, we are Americans first. We are patriots first. We all want what is best for this country."

Old 11-09-2016, 10:33 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,163,762 times
Quote:
I am not that young,but people voted him in because they thought minorities got special rights.
No; I think our President put him (Trump) over the top when he told illegal immigrants to vote with no repercussions. At one time I had a great job with good benefits. I have now worked eight years as a 'temporary' worker and I am not alone. I have friends in the same position and I have friends that go to work to be told that the company only has four hours work for them that day. The super-rich in this Country are calling the shots. They are sending the subliminal message that "you're replaceable" - don't ask for more and be very lucky that you still have a job.

People, that are from other countries and have not paid into our system; should not go to the head of the line. Many of our legal immigrants are financially discriminated against by unchecked legal and illegal immigration.

Look around you. Do you like your neighborhood, do you like your job; do you think we can do better?

Old 11-09-2016, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Trump actively discriminated against blacks in the 70's in his apartment buildings,so why would any black person trust this fool?

Trump also tweeted out fake stats,and called for the lynching of black teens in 1989 in NYC(who turned out to be innocent btw)

You mean the same Americans that oppressed blacks for centuries?

How the heck is a black person supposed to have faith in THOSE non black Americans?
Huh? You need to brush up on your history a little. And find out who fought freeing the slaves, the civil rights amendment and was the backbone of the KKK. Hint: one of the KKK members was a good friend of Clinton's.

Old 11-09-2016, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
You know who I feel sorry for in this election ? WOMEN ! The women who voted for Trump didn't listen to his words. He and Pence HATE Roe v Wade, so women run the risk of losing their choices when it comes to their own bodies. Trump also feels women are objects, like his own words, "I hit the roof when I come home and dinner is not made !"

The reason I am most surprised is that women are generally so much more perceptive than we men. We are kind of the "Here, hold my beer and watch this" mentality, but women are a little smarter and are the glue that keeps the family functioning. How so many women missed the obvious signs and voted for Trump is beyond me.

Maybe they really did like it better in the 50's, when hubby ruled the roost and they were second class citizens. I would hate to think that, I think so very much more of women than to believe that to be true.
Nothing screams repressed like a woman that tolerates her husband's sexual predation, over and over again. That is the definition of a woman being a second class citizen.

Old 11-09-2016, 10:41 AM

Quote:
[/b]

But you are not a woman,so men should mind their business.
I'm a woman, and I find it disgusting that a woman truly believes it's OK to kill a baby that is six months along, for convenience sake.

Old 11-09-2016, 10:42 AM

9,009 posts, read 13,850,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
No; I think our President put him (Trump) over the top when he told illegal immigrants to vote with no repercussions. At one time I had a great job with good benefits. I have now worked eight years as a 'temporary' worker and I am not alone. I have friends in the same position and I have friends that go to work to be told that the company only has four hours work for them that day. The super-rich in this Country are calling the shots. They are sending the subliminal message that "you're replaceable" - don't ask for more and be very lucky that you still have a job.

People, that are from other countries and have not paid into our system; should not go to the head of the line. Many of our legal immigrants are financially discriminated against by unchecked legal and illegal immigration.

Look around you. Do you like your neighborhood, do you like your job; do you think we can do better?
but yet the Usa just voted in a super rich guy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections