Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2016, 08:29 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,234,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
In short, that relatively large percentage of Blacks supporting Trump was more or less due to fewer voters this time. Well, this confirms once and for all, a wasted vote is NO VOTE. A 3rd party vote is not a wasted vote, not voting, however, is the wasted vote.

I voted for Gary Johnson myself. Hilary isn't likable. She's a snake. Trump is a bully and a bigot. And his support for stop and frisk scares me as a Black man.

Personally, Obamacare never affected me. I get insurance through work.
Very true at the bolded. And what's sad is more of us would have or actually could have voted for her if her and her husband didn't put us in prison for minor drug offenses.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:34 AM

2,953 posts, read 2,903,497 times
Harnest our best talent, does that mean eliminate affirmative action?

We just can't compete with Asia if we don't.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:36 AM

73,063 posts, read 62,680,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Trump has given acceptance to racism. It's gonna be a hard time to be anything but white in America again.
And this is what scares me. It isn't just his rhetoric. It is that the bigots who hid in the shadows feel comfortable coming out to the light. A few months back some ignorant punks felt very comfortable screaming the "N" word at me in plain view of shoppers and people sitting and drinking coffee. I had been called that word before, but not that boldly.

My fear is that it will go from just words to actions. I am not a home owner, yet. However, one possibility is that the bigots who hid in the shadows could do things like
1) Refuse to sell a home to me because of my race
2) Try hard to enforce restrictive convenants that ban Blacks and other groups from buying homes in certain areas.
3) It is possible that "sundown" laws could come back.

It is more or less the acceptance of racism that could bring back certain things.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:37 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,346,879 times
[quote=jerseygal4u;46122224]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Stop thinking of people as members of groups. Think of them as individuals.

Groupthink diminishes us all.

Practice Dr. King's principles and judge character, not color![/Q
UOTE]

So if people are individuals why institute a Nationwide Stop and Frisk program?
Any policy which denies individual rights and values group identity over individual merit is erroneous. Including Affirmative Action.

There. Stings, doesn't it?

Old 11-09-2016, 08:38 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,751,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
you mean the guns rights will not be infringed-
what are we doing about all the repealed health care? the refugees we agreed to accept? the allies ? the trade agreements? think can just put all back in the box?

My gson is 20 under his mom's insurance which happens to be a great one -from her work- and he has been in the hospital since June 2016 - because of the ins he is been well taken care of and they agree to pay as long as he is progressing in his therapy- he is doing well but it will take time and therapy to get all to function correctly so he can hopefully regain his life back.

Please go tell his mom- sorry cant cover him anymore-
Even prior to Obama care your grandson would have qualified for medicaid and would have insurance either way.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:41 AM

1,718 posts, read 1,056,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
The Latino,AA,Jewish,Muslim,Native American,Asian,even Women community is devastated right now.

We are going to see our gains eroded,all because some white voters thought their precious resources were being diverted to minorities.

Hey minorities,you do not deserve to live and be treated like a human,that is only for white American men.

Oh please... relax. Good grief.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:41 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,551,448 times
Quote:
The Latino,AA,Jewish,Muslim,Native American,Asian,even Women community is devastated right now.

We are going to see our gains eroded,all because some white voters thought their precious resources were being diverted to minorities.

Hey minorities,you do not deserve to live and be treated like a human,that is only for white American men.
That is how many people feel today. A great sadness and that they are not wanted in this country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Nobody is going to lose their rights.

Make me feel better. Let's say someone files suit over and abortion case. It goes to a now Conservative Supreme court. Plaintiff loses (pro choice). What is to stop a conservative Supreme court from overturning Roe?

Mike Pence promised in a campaign speech to send Roe v wade to the ashheaps of history, 'where it belongs."

Quote:
He wants a nationwide Stop and Frisk policy.

He wants to repeal Affirmative Action.

For starters...

Stop and Frisk is the biggie for a candidate that proclaims himself 'pro second amendment."

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The courts aren't going to do squat there.

And you know this how?

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Give Trump a chance. Have an open mind and wait and see what he does before you decide.

We will afford Trump the same open mind that Republicans afforded Obama. That is to say - NONE.

Quote:
You do not care that a group of Americans will have their rights eroded?

blacks?

Women?

Latinos?

Muslims?

Homosexuals?

They don't. America has spoken. We are far more racist and sexist than we ever knew. Hate won. We will fight another day. They are aready protesting at Trump Tower this morning.

I pray my stocks have recovered from last night but I'm afraid to look.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:42 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,022,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
And this is what scares me. It isn't just his rhetoric. It is that the bigots who hid in the shadows feel comfortable coming out to the light. A few months back some ignorant punks felt very comfortable screaming the "N" word at me in plain view of shoppers and people sitting and drinking coffee. I had been called that word before, but not that boldly.

My fear is that it will go from just words to actions. I am not a home owner, yet. However, one possibility is that the bigots who hid in the shadows could do things like
1) Refuse to sell a home to me because of my race
2) Try hard to enforce restrictive convenants that ban Blacks and other groups from buying homes in certain areas.
3) It is possible that "sundown" laws could come back.

It is more or less the acceptance of racism that could bring back certain things.

hate to burst your conception of us racist white people..........but personally I would much prefer a quiet sensible Black for a neighbor than some loud mouth cocky self-entitled redneck.......

Old 11-09-2016, 08:45 AM

73,063 posts, read 62,680,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
hate to burst your conception of us racist white people..........but personally I would much prefer a quiet sensible Black for a neighbor than some loud mouth cocky self-entitled redneck.......
I wasn't talking about all White people. I didn't even bring up White people. Notice I talked about racists, not the whole White population. You might prefer a sensible Black person than a redneck. There are those who prefer the redneck over the decent Black person. It is those individuals I'm afraid of.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:53 AM

19,657 posts, read 12,251,755 times
Some minorities (and non-minorities like feminist women) seem to believe if they are not receiving special treatment they are being discriminated against. If white males are not being kept down and punished then it is an affront to these groups.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections