Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2016, 07:59 AM

35,738 posts, read 21,093,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
What would have happened to your grandson prior to Obamacare?

I am not asking this rhetorically because it is my understanding that everyone got NEEDED and lifesaving care prior to Obamacare through County Hospitals. (As shown on the fictional TV show, ER, for example.)

Is that not true?

And, of course, I am not saying that everyone got ALL the care they wanted or sometimes even needed, but that a homeless person who got hit by a car, for example, was not just left in the street to die.

Again, this is not a rebuttal, but just a request to me to be better informed.

To be honest with you he would have been sent home once he was- physically well- (the program is 3 weeks)- for mom to try to work with him as best she could- maybe some out patient therapy- they would supply a bed maybe wheelchair things of that type- and would get Medicaid- maybe SSI and welfare- food stamps as mom would have to give up her job- he can't be alone- yet
With insurance he is getting the best therapy- which by they way, people DRs are amazed at his progress- - and ins will pay long as he keeps going forward.

So if that is what you want to pay for - probably be for life- as mom could never be an expert in these matters-- you would just have to take care of them - via taxes--

Old 11-09-2016, 08:00 AM

1,805 posts, read 2,369,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Better yet, what kind of people would support a nationwide stop and frisk?
Whites since they know they won't be affected.

Police ain't stopping these rich kids in college towns.

They're going right to the hood.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:00 AM

25,850 posts, read 16,549,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
SO Trump never said he supports banning abortion?

He never said he supports a nationwide Stop and Frisk policy?

He mentioned banning Muslims.
Wow, what a bunch of baloney.

First off stop and frisk is not racist. People (I don't care what color they are) who are hanging around bad neighborhoods with no apparent purpose need to be searched for their own safety as well as the safety of the public and the police. Stop them from doing something stupid before they do it.

"Banning Muslims" Is vetting immigrants banning Muslims. Doing a background check on every person who wants to live in this country? And "Muslim" is not a race btw.

"Banning abortion" He wants to overturn Roe vs Wade but that won't be a priority.

He wants to turn abortion back into a private matter and not some constitutionally guaranteed right. I personally agree, I do not want to be held responsible by God for the murder of all these babies because I stood by and did or said nothing.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:02 AM

19,829 posts, read 9,392,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
When will people realize that the president is nothing more than a symbol. He/she doesn't have the power to single handedly take away rights.
Yes, in most cases, but there have been exceptions. Look at the actions of Abraham Lincoln and FDR during times of war -- and both those presidents were the equivalent of liberals today in the opinion of many people.

However, you are absolutely right in pointing out that POTUSes actually have limited powers. Presidential candidates always make promises during campaigns that they KNOW they won't be able to keep without the backing of Congress.

Of course, now that there will be a Republican president with a Republican Congress . . . well, I just hope they will remember that there is an election every two years, and that Trump will probably be running again in 2020. They certainly won't want to anger too many voters, or there will be a major backlash, which has happened over and over again in U.S. history.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:02 AM

35,738 posts, read 21,093,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post

First off stop and frisk is not racist. People (I don't care what color they are) who are hanging around bad neighborhoods with no apparent purpose need to be searched for their own safety as well as the safety of the public and the police. Stop them from doing something stupid before they do it.

"Banning Muslims" Is vetting immigrants banning Muslims. Doing a background check on every person who wants to live in this country? And "Muslim" is not a race btw.

"Banning abortion" He wants to overturn Roe vs Wade but that won't be a priority.

He wants to turn abortion back into a private matter and not some constitutionally guaranteed right. I personally agree, I do not want to be held responsible by God for the murder of all these babies because I stood by and did or said nothing.

First off stop and frisk is not racist. hmm really- think facts would prove otherwise-

Old 11-09-2016, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post

This is bull & you know it. Cops will not patrol poor white neighborhoods & string up all these kids on Heroin & meth.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:04 AM

73,063 posts, read 62,680,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
Whites since they know they won't be affected.

Police ain't stopping these rich kids in college towns.

They're going right to the hood.
Thing is, I'm Black, age 30, I'm frequently mistaken for being younger(I get pegged for 23-24). I live in the suburbs. I have a White collar job. I don't think it will be just the hood they go to.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:04 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,584,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
He wants a nationwide Stop and Frisk policy.

He wants to repeal Affirmative Action.

For starters...
As a minority, please do and hurry!!!

Old 11-09-2016, 08:05 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,584,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
First off stop and frisk is not racist. hmm really- think facts would prove otherwise-
What fact?

Old 11-09-2016, 08:05 AM

If people followed the alt-right groups on Reddit, they would know that young white Americans were told to hide their support of Trump. Many young men are told to keep their anti-POC, sexist views from their "lib" family and friends. Hence this surprise from mainstream. Just because folks weren't yelling their support of Trump off the rooftops doesn't mean they didn't have it. They were told to hide it

When we talk about online radicalization we always talk about Muslims. But the radicalization of white men online is at astronomical levels. Many of these radical white men were raised by single feminist mothers. Internet groups radicalized their sexual frustration into bigotry. These online groups found young white men at their most vulnerable & convinced them liberals were colluding to destroy white Western manhood.

I've seen this happen w/ a FB friend who lives in a tiny 100% white town in Finland. He started posting about "flawed multiculturalism". How could a guy who goes months w/o seeing POC be so adamant about failings of "multiculturalism"? Online radicalization.

Young men came to these online groups for tips on picking up girls & came out believing that it was up to them to save Western civilization. I've been following these online alt-right groups for three years and watched them evolve from PUA forums to hate-fueled organizations. And not all these young men are "stupid". Men who boasted STEM degrees from elite institutions were taught how to intellectualise hatred.

By the end, many were using every ounce of college-level "logic" to argue that liberals aimed for the destruction of Western civilization. These college educated young men were then ripe enough to be sold idea that Trump represented a return to Men Being Real Men. That's why I never got one strategy of Clinton's campaign: highlighting Trump's sexism. Trump supporters love him BECAUSE of his sexism

There are even entire posts training young men to parrot "lib" ideology. To say the "right thing" to keep safe in "hostile (PC) spaces". They are told that feminism is why they can't get girlfriends, that "feminization" of schools is why they didn't do well in high school. They truly believe that it is feminists, globalists, anti-racism activists, liberals who are the "true fascists" in the world. Plus those who don't believe he is sexist, think the accusations of assault are proof of how society rewards women for "lying about rape".

1 reason why places like Twitter and FB made us think HRC would win is b/c Trump supporters were told to be quiet lest they be "persecuted"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections