Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2016, 07:46 AM

35,739 posts, read 21,093,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
Come on now....I am sure that the progressives who thrive on division are perturbed....to bad...Americans are better than that. Trump used a lot of bravado and macho posturing. IN the core of this guy is a good man with a heart. Muslims are safe if they put aside any hatred...those who get stopped and frisked - had better behave themselves and not carry a fire arm used for crime- whats the big deal? Behave yourself. Is that so hard to do.

you have never experienced just a frisk with out any reason? or civil rights infringed on-- so you have no clue- My pet peeve is- I wanted women to be treated as equals- rural women want to be taken care of- while the choose wall paper and make cookies- but in a society with so many single moms- I've lost it with them-- we have put the brakes on any progress and regressed- and many women in the world feel the pain today. Im interested to see who voted for what in the demographics.

Old 11-09-2016, 07:46 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,805,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
The Latino,AA,Jewish,Muslim,Native American,Asian,even Women community is devastated right now.

We are going to see our gains eroded,all because some white voters thought their precious resources were being diverted to minorities.

Hey minorities,you do not deserve to live and be treated like a human,that is only for white American men.
Considering how Asians are getting screwed by the current immigration system and lack of control I don't think you're going to see much complaining from them. More tears I love it keep em' coming.

Old 11-09-2016, 07:47 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,022,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
Maybe not after January 2017, anyway!

Btw, I am NOT saying that being white does not carry some built-in privilege, either, because in many cases, being white is an advantage, just as there are many cases in which being non-white is an advantage.

I personally would like to see a world in which the color of one's skin makes not one bit of difference in how someone is treated or viewed.

Its getting to the point that many Black people need to be told this instead of Whites.......

Old 11-09-2016, 07:48 AM

73,067 posts, read 62,680,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogre Vapors View Post
If you have nothing to hide, shouldn't be a problem
Either you don't get it, or you don't care. If I am not doing anything, the police should just leave me alone. It's called rights. How hard is that for you to understand? Or do you just not care?

Old 11-09-2016, 07:49 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,639,726 times
End this Chinese women dropping anchor babies thing. in California, it is a problem. end it end it end it.

73,067 posts, read 62,680,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
Stop and frisk was an uber fail in New York. Plenty of blacks & latino's have had their lives ruined for a bag of weed or 2, while brad over in NYU is serving up coke to half the school.

Who you think be lacing people up in Columbia and NYU? It sure as hell not Jamal from 139 & Lennox because campus police is looking out for Jamal.
I've never been to NYC. Based on what I'm hearing, NYC is a police state. I would not want to live there.

3,063 posts, read 3,275,403 times
I don't know about the other groups, but 19% of blacks voted for trump, and I believe there were a good portion of the groups you specified that voted for Trump. The blacks, young people, Latinos, etc that would typically vote democrat, did not come out to vote. So in other words this is the result and it what it is. The DNC should not have went with Hillary--she just wasn't likeable enough. She took a big L--I mean wow lol!!! It has to hurt for her--to have lost to Obama, AND Trump now.

I didn't support Trump lol, but the op is amusing--I do think we are in for a lot of big changes, but I don't know if they are as extreme as the op makes it out to be. Obamacare will def be repealed, which honestly was very expensive(for me at least).

Old 11-09-2016, 07:51 AM

1,805 posts, read 2,369,047 times
Since the republican party now controls both Presidency, House and Senate they also have the legal power to overturn state laws and everything Obama accomplished. You will probably lose gay marriage and abortion rights. (Trump has said Planned Parenthood which has been there for women for exactly 100 years is gone) Climate change will go unchecked (because that doesn't exist in his head) Subsidies for renewables and electric cars will disappear. Lgbt rights as human beings, and voting rights for any non-white will be more constrained (because this time some republican states they tried to push through that you had to have a drivers license to vote - this was shut down by dems).

NATO alliance might be gone, which leads to Russia and China expanding. Public employee unions will shrink, public schooling will be worse, oil drilling everywhere, employee discrimination on sex, race etc not enforced, police brutality and racial discrimination will increase. Many in the republican party says this is the best thing since Andrew Jackson, who Obama removed from the 20$ bill for being racist.

7,473 posts, read 4,022,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Question is, when will this stop? When will we have a situation where there is no backlash?

you two are both trying to say The fact Trump was elected president is just because of racism?/

Amazing. You have done a 180 and become exactly what you abhore.....

Last edited by jeffdoorgunner; 11-09-2016 at 07:52 AM.. Reason: grammer

6,160 posts, read 5,721,766 times
When will people realize that the president is nothing more than a symbol. He/she doesn't have the power to single handedly take away rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections