Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2016, 03:27 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,450,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
No it does not.

When America benefited in the 50's,blacks did not.
They were denied the GI Bill,segregation was the rule,and they were still largely poor.
You are the only one talking about the 50's.

Cant help people who wont help themselves.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:29 AM

1,515 posts, read 1,226,679 times
Quote:
[/b]The big issue was blacks were being passed over FOR being black,even if they were more qualified than a white person.
I doubt that's ever happened! All the selfish ME ME ME whiners should head to Kenya. Take Obanga and his man-wife with you!

Old 11-09-2016, 03:32 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,246,428 times
Silly Liberals, no ones rights will be infringed. Take your depression pills and your mind off of the election.

Old 11-09-2016, 05:45 AM

35,736 posts, read 21,093,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
Silly Liberals, no ones rights will be infringed. Take your depression pills and your mind off of the election.
you mean the guns rights will not be infringed-
what are we doing about all the repealed health care? the refugees we agreed to accept? the allies ? the trade agreements? think can just put all back in the box?

My gson is 20 under his mom's insurance which happens to be a great one -from her work- and he has been in the hospital since June 2016 - because of the ins he is been well taken care of and they agree to pay as long as he is progressing in his therapy- he is doing well but it will take time and therapy to get all to function correctly so he can hopefully regain his life back.

Please go tell his mom- sorry cant cover him anymore-

Old 11-09-2016, 05:55 AM

2,540 posts, read 2,759,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
We have religious freedom in this country... that goes for Muslims, Jews, Christians, and probably over 100 others, atheists and agnostics too.
Tell that to all the Christians who voted for Trump, as they want to impose their religion on the rest of us. Funny how the candidate they voted in is not the least bit religious. So much for "conservative values".

Old 11-09-2016, 06:26 AM

578 posts, read 459,250 times
We are back in the 60's people espically the young minorites don't understand how important it is to vote the old,white racists are gonna be having a ball!!

Old 11-09-2016, 06:33 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,284,554 times
Quote:
The Latino,AA,Jewish,Muslim,Native American,Asian,even Women community is devastated right now.

We are going to see our gains eroded,all because some white voters thought their precious resources were being diverted to minorities.

Hey minorities,you do not deserve to live and be treated like a human,that is only for white American men.
You need a hobby

Old 11-09-2016, 06:34 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,864,183 times
You know who I feel sorry for in this election ? WOMEN ! The women who voted for Trump didn't listen to his words. He and Pence HATE Roe v Wade, so women run the risk of losing their choices when it comes to their own bodies. Trump also feels women are objects, like his own words, "I hit the roof when I come home and dinner is not made !"

The reason I am most surprised is that women are generally so much more perceptive than we men. We are kind of the "Here, hold my beer and watch this" mentality, but women are a little smarter and are the glue that keeps the family functioning. How so many women missed the obvious signs and voted for Trump is beyond me.

Maybe they really did like it better in the 50's, when hubby ruled the roost and they were second class citizens. I would hate to think that, I think so very much more of women than to believe that to be true.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:36 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,284,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronejacobs0 View Post
We are back in the 60's people espically the young minorites don't understand how important it is to vote the old,white racists are gonna be having a ball!!
Having a bad day, Tyrone?

Brawhahahahahahahahaahahahahah!!!!!!🤗🇺🇸🤗🇺🇸🤗🇺🇸🤗🇺🇸🤗🇺 🇸🤗🇺🇸🤗🇺🇸🤗🇺🇸🤗🇺🇸

Old 11-09-2016, 06:38 AM

8,316 posts, read 3,936,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
You are nuts. We didn't vote out of fear.

We are also not interested in turning back the clock.

We also don't long for the time when "you knew your place". There is no dog whistle which is a theme created by the media which even you should be able to concede got this election all wrong.

Those of us who voted for Trump, simply want someone as President who will look out for the economic interests of the American citizen before anything else. That includes your economic interests.

Its all about the economy stupid. Its not about racism, returning to some other era, or dog whistles.
Well it might not have been about racism for you. But the white nationalist groups saw opportunity under Trump, otherwise they would not have came out and supported him. I think Trump will embolden them into the future, now it's hard to say if that's significant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections