Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2016, 07:52 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,635,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
I don't know about the other groups, but 19% of blacks voted for trump, and I believe there were a good portion of the groups you specified that voted for Trump. The blacks, young people, Latinos, etc that would typically vote democrat, did not come out to vote. So in other words this is the result and it what it is. The DNC should not have went with Hillary--she just wasn't likeable enough. She took a big L--I mean wow lol!!! It has to hurt for her--to have lost to Obama, AND Trump now.

I didn't support Trump lol, but the op is amusing--I do think we are in for a lot of big changes, but I don't know if they are as extreme as the op makes it out to be. Obamacare will def be repealed, which honestly was very expensive(for me at least).
Obamacare is a disaster, even the liberals agree.

I don't know if the country would be better off (although the country is better off without so many refugees), I certainly don't think the country would be worse off.

9,009 posts, read 13,849,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
If one studies history, one knows last night was most American of things. After racial progress always comes a white backlash.

After Lincoln, Grant, we get Hayes who ends Reconstruction and restores the white South. After LBJ, Nixon & Southern strategy. Obama, Trump.

It is not incidental nor a fluke if one looks through the ever-revealing pattern of history that the first black president was followed by one the KKK endorsed.
Wow,didn't think of that,but you are right.

20,169 posts, read 24,345,087 times
Stop thinking of people as members of groups. Think of them as individuals.

Groupthink diminishes us all.

Practice Dr. King's principles and judge character, not color!

Old 11-09-2016, 07:53 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,836,728 times
Muchas Gracias to Presidente Rafael Correa (Ecuador) for standing up for free speech and human rights (Julian Assange). The other industrialized nations of the world were ready to throw Julian "under the bus" and bury their collective heads in the sand. Without WIKILEAKS the outcome of our election might have been different. Your country has been a beacon for democracy while others not much.

Old 11-09-2016, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogre Vapors View Post
Show me where it says in the Constituion or any law that because YOU say you aren't "doing anything", that supersedes a LEO's opinion?
Wow,so it is ok to target someone for searches because of skin color?

WHat is this, year 1870 in Georgia with the KKK?

I thought Republicans and Trump wanted to heal the racial division of America?

This Nationwide Stop and Frisk will surely cause race wars,and rightly so.

Old 11-09-2016, 07:54 AM

73,062 posts, read 62,670,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
I don't know about the other groups, but 19% of blacks voted for trump, and I believe there were a good portion of the groups you specified that voted for Trump. The blacks, young people, Latinos, etc that would typically vote democrat, did not come out to vote. So in other words this is the result and it what it is. The DNC should not have went with Hillary--she just wasn't likeable enough. She took a big L--I mean wow lol!!! It has to hurt for her--to have lost to Obama, AND Trump now.

I didn't support Trump lol, but the op is amusing--I do think we are in for a lot of big changes, but I don't know if they are as extreme as the op makes it out to be. Obamacare will def be repealed, which honestly was very expensive(for me at least).
In short, that relatively large percentage of Blacks supporting Trump was more or less due to fewer voters this time. Well, this confirms once and for all, a wasted vote is NO VOTE. A 3rd party vote is not a wasted vote, not voting, however, is the wasted vote.

I voted for Gary Johnson myself. Hilary isn't likable. She's a snake. Trump is a bully and a bigot. And his support for stop and frisk scares me as a Black man.

Personally, Obamacare never affected me. I get insurance through work.

Old 11-09-2016, 07:55 AM

[quote=Yeledaf;46122181]Stop thinking of people as members of groups. Think of them as individuals.

Groupthink diminishes us all.

Practice Dr. King's principles and judge character, not color![/Q
UOTE]

So if people are individuals why institute a Nationwide Stop and Frisk program?

Old 11-09-2016, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
Since the republican party now controls both Presidency, House and Senate they also have the legal power to overturn state laws and everything Obama accomplished. You will probably lose gay marriage and abortion rights. (Trump has said Planned Parenthood which has been there for women for exactly 100 years is gone) Climate change will go unchecked (because that doesn't exist in his head) Subsidies for renewables and electric cars will disappear. Lgbt rights as human beings, and voting rights for any non-white will be more constrained (because this time some republican states they tried to push through that you had to have a drivers license to vote - this was shut down by dems).

NATO alliance might be gone, which leads to Russia and China expanding. Public employee unions will shrink, public schooling will be worse, oil drilling everywhere, employee discrimination on sex, race etc not enforced, police brutality and racial discrimination will increase. Many in the republican party says this is the best thing since Andrew Jackson, who Obama removed from the 20$ bill for being racist.
Trump wants to get rid of the DEpt of Education,which will resuelt in more voters who like him.

73,062 posts, read 62,670,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post

So if people are individuals why institute a Nationwide Stop and Frisk program?
Better yet, what kind of people would support a nationwide stop and frisk?

10,659 posts, read 10,735,111 times
Lighten up Francis................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections