Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 10:42 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,558,664 times

Advertisements

A bit of reading for non-Trump supporters (of course). I don't agree with everything said here, but much is accurate.

Andrew Sullivan: President Trump and the End of the Republic

Presidential Election 2016: An American Tragedy - The New Yorker

Old 11-11-2016, 10:59 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,483,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
A bit of reading for non-Trump supporters (of course). I don't agree with everything said here, but much is accurate.

It is all so very sad...

Old 11-11-2016, 11:09 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,683,546 times
I agree. We are in serious danger of losing the republic forever.

Old 11-11-2016, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Mostly, I would contend, because the GOP is a morally bankrupt cartel of treasonous crooks. Most Americans are unaware that much of the coal mining and oil drilling and mineral mining rights sold to foreigners is to get resources to China. For the GOP, Americans are serviceable only if we get out of their way, and America itself is useful only if its public land and resources can be sold off to foreign investors in small enough increments so that most Americans don't notice. Ask the folks in Michigan, whose water is disappearing due to the Nestle bottling plants, who are finding mud flats in their back yards and no water to farm. Not exactly front-page news. They're doing in, at last count, in 8 states now. They're called "water hunters," and they've invaded the U.S. All on the DL, of course. What's really happening to this country is so far below the radar that most people are clueless.

Old 11-11-2016, 11:19 PM

1,650 posts, read 1,118,701 times
The world is not ending. Stop being a cry baby and give the man a chance. If we acted this way when Obama won we would never here the end of the racist and isms thrown at us. BUCK UP!

Old 11-11-2016, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimber View Post
The world is not ending. Stop being a cry baby and give the man a chance. If we acted this way when Obama won we would never here the end of the racist and isms thrown at us. BUCK UP!
I guess you were out of the country for the last 8 years, while Obama was being called the anti-Christ, was accused of amassing a secret Muslim army in order to force Sharia Law on the American people, was accused of being born in Kenya, of hating white people, being subjected to one racist rant after another. Doesn't seem like much "bucking up" on the part of the Republicans. And the difference now being that Trump's critics are speaking the truth, not pulling out some weird and totally insane garbage they found from the deep net on some conspiracy theorist's blog.

Old 11-11-2016, 11:35 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,717,345 times
Haha

Those 2 rags from NY quoted by the OP ought to be asking why so many people are moving out of that state. After 2020 NY is slated to lose at least another 2 electoral votes & congressional seats.

This speaks for itself.

Old 11-11-2016, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Haha

Those 2 rags from NY quoted by the OP ought to be asking why so many people are moving out of that state. After 2020 NY is slated to lose at least another 2 electoral votes & congressional seats.

This speaks for itself.
Did you see where I wrote "for non-Trump" folks? I assumed that Trump supporters were not interested in actually reading the articles--which, of course, you did not do. As a result, you have nothing to offer in response to what was actually written, so why waste your time?

Old 11-12-2016, 01:47 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,703,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Couldn't agree more.

In fact your Republic is gone.

The Republic of the United States of America is fine.

Old 11-12-2016, 02:35 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,725,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post

You can keep banging on trump, bringing up inconsequential things, but all that most people care about is whether or not the COUNTRY moves forward, you don't seem to care much about that, hanging on the wrong side at some point you're just going to have to admit you were wrong, cut the cord now, admit your mistakes and move forward from there, you're just digging a bigger and bigger hole for yourself as a contributor here at city data. You can do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections