Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Hillary should be investigated to the fullest?
Due to the recount I now support a full investigation into Hillary Clinton and/or her Foundation. 34 27.42%
I do not support a full investigation into Hillary Clinton and/or her Foundation 10 8.06%
I never suported any investigation for Hillary Clinton. 18 14.52%
I always supported a full investigation and she should be held responsible! 74 59.68%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 08:53 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,970,964 times

Advertisements

Even though IMO it would/will be a total waste of time (nothing ever sticks to the Teflon Clintons) I voted for a full investigation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2016, 09:00 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,707,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Even though IMO it would/will be a total waste of time (nothing ever sticks to the Teflon Clintons) I voted for a full investigation.
And I agree. It's not like 69 year old Hillary Clinton, who is not in office, is a threat to Republicans but by all means investigate her for another ten years. Maybe dig up her bones later and investigate some more. If nothing of consequence is found, it will be viewed as maliciously politically motivated and Republicans will be exposed. Should Ted Cruz's father be investigated for participating in the Kennedy assassination since Trump levied the accusation? The Clintons were under investigation the entire time Bill Clinton was in office and Whitewater was a $50 million waste of taxpayer's money. Trump will likely give plenty of reasons to be investigated and the same standards should be applied to his time in office.

Old 11-27-2016, 09:06 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,274,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Trump has no legal standing to press for or to supress further investigation.

It is the duty of the DOJ, mainly via the FBI to handle the case.

It is the charge of the American public these offices do their collective duty. To grant immunity or exclusion is inexcusable especially since both the Director and the AG have longstanding personal relationships with the person(s) subject to investigation. And clearly, both do in this case.
So where have you been to think the Pres, the DOJ and the FBI are independent bodies. All acting exclusive of each other and without any political influence from within or from the outside. That was all exposed, once and for all, by the DOJ and FBI shenanigans during the email server investigation.

Next time, with Trump appointees in the AG office and the likely event he dismisses Comey from FBI head for a more favorable appointment, the combined team effort will bring Hillary down one way or other.

I for one can't wait for it all to begin. Hillary had the chance to bow out and leave us all alone. She blew it and will most certainly pay this time.

Old 11-27-2016, 09:11 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,733,632 times
I hope she will be investigated to the fullest and actually will be found guilty for whatever she did wrong.

Maybe she will go down as the female AL Capone. Not found guilty for criminal offense but getting caught for something similar like tax evasion.

Old 11-27-2016, 09:12 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,727,435 times
While I think it will be somewhat disruptive to the country, I think a full investigation should be done. Obviously this time with a Republican administration, and AG.

If there is still nothing to be found, the Clintons, and all of the Dem cankle kissers here can feel totally vindicated, and put the situation to rest forevermore. One might think that they would like that opportunity to prove all of us righties wrong. I mean, what have they to worry about, right?

However, if.......well suffice it to say, there could be a whole lot of other heads rolling on the left side. All the way to possible/probable treasonous activity by the POTUS himself. We the people should know.......

With the Clintons going into retirement, I might feel differently, or at least indifferently about the whole thing. But if the Clintons are going to stay in the political process by instigating, and participating in recounts, then they should remain fair game to be investigated.

CN

Old 11-27-2016, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
While I think it will be somewhat disruptive to the country, I think a full investigation should be done. Obviously this time with a Republican administration, and AG.

If there is still nothing to be found, the Clintons, and all of the Dem cankle kissers here can feel totally vindicated, and put the situation to rest forevermore. One might think that they would like that opportunity to prove all of us righties wrong. I mean, what have they to worry about, right?

However, if.......well suffice it to say, there could be a whole lot of other heads rolling on the left side. All the way to possible/probable treasonous activity by the POTUS himself. We the people should know.......

With the Clintons going into retirement, I might feel differently, or at least indifferently about the whole thing. But if the Clintons are going to stay in the political process by instigating, and participating in recounts, then they should remain fair game to be investigated.

CN
That sounds like using investigations for political revenge. I'm all for an investigation and for complete vindication. Since there is still to this day references to Hillary Clinton as "cankles" that would imply a good deal of misogyny even now. But since the last Republican investigation cost $50 million dollars, will Republicans reimburse taxpayers if nothing is found? And will they publicly apologize for the accusations made?

And understand that the same kind of standards will be applied to Trump, the Trump Foundation, accusations of pay to play and personal enrichment from government spending, etc. There could be a lot of heads rolling on the right side, all the way to possible treasonous activity by the POTUS himself. We the people should know.

It seems Republicans are fearful of a recount; not sure why that would be but it seems harmless enough.

Old 11-27-2016, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
That sounds like using investigations for political revenge. I'm all for an investigation and for complete vindication. Since there is still to this day references to Hillary Clinton as "cankles" that would imply a good deal of misogyny even now. But since the last Republican investigation cost $50 million dollars, will Republicans reimburse taxpayers if nothing is found? And will they publicly apologize for the accusations made?

And understand that the same kind of standards will be applied to Trump, the Trump Foundation, accusations of pay to play and personal enrichment from government spending, etc. There could be a lot of heads rolling on the right side, all the way to possible treasonous activity by the POTUS himself. We the people should know.

It seems Republicans are fearful of a recount; not sure why that would be but it seems harmless enough.
Absolutely agree. A recount is harmless. A recount that is instigated by the green party candidate isn't even offensive. A recount participated in by the candidate that has already conceded the election to her opponent, is offensive, unprecedented, underhanded, reprehensible, and downright deplorable.

I personally would like to see the "same standards" apply to whomever, of whichever party occupies the oval office. We the people should know.

It is those on the left that constantly employs a double standard, instead of the same standard when it can benefit them. While holding their opponent to a higher standard, again to benefit themselves.

CN

Old 11-27-2016, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
Absolutely agree. A recount is harmless. A recount that is instigated by the green party candidate isn't even offensive. A recount participated in by the candidate that has already conceded the election to her opponent, is offensive, unprecedented, underhanded, reprehensible, and downright deplorable.

I personally would like to see the "same standards" apply to whomever, of whichever party occupies the oval office. We the people should know.

It is those on the left that constantly employs a double standard, instead of the same standard when it can benefit them. While holding their opponent to a higher standard, again to benefit themselves.

CN
What is the fear of a recount even if Hillary is there? She didn't instigate it and what is the harm? Do you really think it will overturn the election? I don't and I'm a Democrat. If it exposes nefarious activities, that would be a good thing, even if it doesn't overturn anything. If future elections have the knowledge that sometimes, there could be a recount, it could discourage outsiders from trying to influence it and that benefits both parties. I see nothing harmful in a recount that will likely result in nothing more than seeing if there was outside influence. I don't think it will change the result in the long run.

However, if investigations are used as political payback, I see a potential chain reaction that goes on for decades.

Old 11-27-2016, 10:34 PM

Quote:
What is the fear of a recount even if Hillary is there? She didn't instigate it and what is the harm? Do you really think it will overturn the election? I don't and I'm a Democrat. If it exposes nefarious activities, that would be a good thing, even if it doesn't overturn anything. If future elections have the knowledge that sometimes, there could be a recount, it could discourage outsiders from trying to influence it and that benefits both parties. I see nothing harmful in a recount that will likely result in nothing more than seeing if there was outside influence. I don't think it will change the result in the long run.

However, if investigations are used as political payback, I see a potential chain reaction that goes on for decades.
Isn't the "recount" a form of investigation, in the manner in which you, yourself, characterize what could be "exposed".......even if it doesn't overturn anything?

As I said, I think they should all be investigated, all the time. They used to be, by a free press. We now have biased, bought and paid for propaganda arms that substitute for a free press. That is the root of the problem.

CN

Old 11-27-2016, 10:35 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,274,557 times
Quote:
She didn't instigate it and what is the harm? Do you really think it will overturn the election? I don't and I'm a Democrat. If it exposes nefarious activities, that would be a good thing, even if it doesn't overturn anything.
Any other situation would be less cause for concern. It is Hillary and that is reason enough for some trepidation. Anything this woman is involved with is tainted forever. What does she and her gang of no gooders have in store for the recount is anyone's guess. They see a tiny opening and will without a doubt exploit it for their own gains. Hillary has nothing to lose now and is at her most dangerous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections